The way to a man's stomach is through his esophagus.

interests / alt.dreams / Re: 2023-05-24 Wednesday: a busy intersection

SubjectAuthor
* 2023-05-24 Wednesday: a busy intersectionsandydollar2015@gmail.com
`* 2023-05-24 Wednesday: a busy intersectionRichard Silk
 `* 2023-05-24 Wednesday: a busy intersectionsandydollar2015@gmail.com
  `- 2023-05-24 Wednesday: a busy intersectionRichard Silk

1
Re: 2023-05-24 Wednesday: a busy intersection

<263a5345-86c9-4492-b82d-2667e017150fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1781&group=alt.dreams#1781

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2023 05:58:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: 2023-05-24 Wednesday: a busy intersection
From: sandydol...@gmail.com (sandydollar2015@gmail.com)
 by: sandydollar2015@gmai - Sat, 1 Jul 2023 12:58 UTC

____On Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 7:45:50 AM UTC-6, Richard Silk wrote:
> I realize this is being posted a day late (on Thursday, the 25th) but it's for yesterday morning, Wednesday the 24th:
>
> "Last night/this morning" (from Wednesday's perspective) I had one curious yet memorable dream, wherein the primary preacher of the church I attend was the main character recognized in a *group* of around 2 dozen (or so) people, some of whom were jogging, others running, others cycling, all dressed appropriate for that type of activity in Spring (relatively, conformfortably, pleasantly cool-to-warm) weather (except for the preacher, who was identifiably dressed as I've always seen him, in casual clothing, such as one might wear about the house if expecting friends over for company.)
>
> They were *all* coming down "Medical Center Parkway" (that *used* to be called "Manson Pike"/"Lokey") headed from west to east, approaching the intersection of US-41, that heads "northwest" as "Nashville Highway" (or NW Broad) and "southeast" as "SE Broad" that later becomes "Manchester Highway."
>
> Now please keep in mind that the lane they were traveling in is designed for motorized traffic. One would expect to see any individual or small group using the right shoulder as a bike lane, but in this case, the entire group was fully occupying the lane, and they all came to a halt as if stopped at the (red) traffic light at that intersection.
>
> Clarity 9, although I have *NO* idea what the dream may have been referencing, other than sometimes, a group of people can do something for one nebulous reason (such as "exercise") yet have no other main thought in mind.
>
> It may be noted that the group was acting in a "lawful" behavior, as they all appeared to be observing the traffic signal (even though that particular signal was not directly seen in the scene.)
Hello Dick,
When that person was shot, did you hear the noise of the gunshot or was it silent? At least you are dreaming where nothing is happening in that area of my sleep.

Sandy$

Re: 2023-05-24 Wednesday: a busy intersection

<e60427f4-42a4-4fcb-9bce-7adae0bbf2cbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1783&group=alt.dreams#1783

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2023 09:47:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Mon, 3 Jul 2023 16:47 UTC

On Saturday, July 1, 2023 at 7:58:57 AM UTC-5, sandy$ wrote:
> ____On Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 7:45:50 AM UTC-6, Richard Silk wrote:
> > I realize this is being posted a day late (on Thursday, the 25th) but it's for yesterday morning, Wednesday the 24th:
<SNIP>
> **********************************************************************************************************
> Hello Dick,
> When that person was shot, did you hear the noise of the gunshot or was it silent?

So I had to review just a bit to find out what "shot" was being referenced. This is what I found "in the same block" of dreams:

*>In "The Amoral Idiot? (and the gal who ended him)" there's a scene of 3 people: Female (about 40? slightly heavyset, slightly upstage left) the amoralist, just left of center) and a guy (seated slightly slightly downstage right) who gets immediately shot dead (by the amoralist) who I *think* fired with his left arm outstretched towards the victim. The shot was nearly immediate, with no rhyme nor reason given leading up to it. The amoralist simply shot the victim.

The gal seated to the amoralist's right (slightly upstage left) asks the idiot something nearly as inane, such as "Did you just shoot that guy?" or possibly "WHY did you just shoot that guy?" (or possibly both. Sometimes, a "feel" of more than a few discrete thoughts may come across as *one* thought in a dream.)

The idiot gives some kind of non-defensive reply, such as something *akin to* [he was a waste of space] (or air, etc.) or [he was offensive just sitting there.] The point being, the idiot gave *no* defensible reason (justification) for having murdered another person.

The gal with whom the idiot had been answering took a gun in her right hand, aimed it at her right ear (as her left ear was towards the idiot, such that he could not see what was happening on the right side of the gal's head) and pulled the trigger. The shot not only went *through* the gal's head, but also then *into* the head of the idiot to her left.

Believe it or not, there was some type of discussion that took place with the gal, as if the fact that she'd just blown her own body away was irrelevant to the moment. <*

So as to the question raised:> "...did you hear the noise of the gunshot or was it silent?"

If this had been asked within a day or two of the dream, I'd likely be able to give you a "more accurate" answer. As it is, I can barely remember the dream itself, although the journaling of the dream (quoted above) is relatively accurate enough to bring the "blocking details" back to mind (who was where, did / said what.)

Now, if you've ever been to a "firing range," the sound of a gunshot (even with ear muffs) is fairly loud. Yet the *loudest* single gun shot I ever heard came from a "broom handled Mauser" fired by my brother-in-law at an outdoor shooting location.

In comparison to *those* examples, I've got *nearly* zero recollection of the sound of the gun shots. There was the "undeniable sense" that someone *had* been shot. If there *was* a "sound" component to the dream, it would've carried about as many decibels as the dialogue itself. At this point, the best I can recall would be "muted" in comparison to the sound a gunshot makes in reality.

> At least you are dreaming where nothing is happening in that area of my sleep.

When one is having difficulty sleeping or dreaming, here are a few tips:
1) (hard to practice, but *very* effective!):> "Early to bed, early to rise, makes [one] healthy, wealthy and wise." ([Ben Franklin] if I recall correctly.)
2) When the body is tired, exercise the mind; when the mind is tired, exercise the body. (My dad!)
-- when they are *both* tired, take a nap / go to bed. (...Addition mine.)
and of course, my favorite:
3) The Right Eye Technique: (GREAT for power naps as well!!!)
tinyurl.com/RightEyeFirstTechnique
(First posted in alt.dreams or similar USENET space--
the tinyurl alias (shortcut link) points to a "newer" publication online at Quora.com).

Re: 2023-05-24 Wednesday: a busy intersection

<609c307b-052e-4bf6-a16b-ed8c780f9982n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1785&group=alt.dreams#1785

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 06:16:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: sandydol...@gmail.com (sandydollar2015@gmail.com)
 by: sandydollar2015@gmai - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 13:16 UTC

On Monday, July 3, 2023 at 10:47:36 AM UTC-6, Richard Silk wrote:
> [...]
> > At least you are dreaming where nothing is happening in that area of my sleep.
> When one is having difficulty sleeping or dreaming, here are a few tips:
> 1) (hard to practice, but *very* effective!):> "Early to bed, early to rise, makes [one] healthy, wealthy and wise." ([Ben Franklin] if I recall correctly.)
> 2) When the body is tired, exercise the mind; when the mind is tired, exercise the body. (My dad!)
> -- when they are *both* tired, take a nap / go to bed. (...Addition mine.)
> and of course, my favorite:
> 3) The Right Eye Technique: (GREAT for power naps as well!!!)
> tinyurl.com/RightEyeFirstTechnique
> (First posted in alt.dreams or similar USENET space--
> the tinyurl alias (shortcut link) points to a "newer" publication online at Quora.com).
The reason you had to go back and look for the shot post dream is because I had to go though several days of your dreams to find a reply post. Sandy$

Re: 2023-05-24 Wednesday: a busy intersection

<843f4d67-1aea-4d7c-920e-1b7d6b4a0bf9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1788&group=alt.dreams#1788

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 10:17:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 17:17 UTC

On Tuesday, July 4, 2023 at 8:16:19 AM UTC-5, sandy$ wrote:
RC Silk wrote:
<snip>
> > 3) The Right Eye Technique: (GREAT for power naps as well!!!)
> > tinyurl.com/RightEyeFirstTechnique
<snip>
> The reason you had to go back and look for the shot post dream is because I had to go though several days of your dreams to find a reply post. Sandy$

Yeah, I got that. While the questions of "what?" or "why?" tend to pop up now, the "answer" to *those* questions is that perhaps there was something on *your* mind, and *maybe* that "right eye technique" may be what you may be in need of trying (with respect to your reported period of no dreams lately.)