It is the business of the future to be dangerous. -- Hawkwind

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: OT. Not Sick, Test +

SubjectAuthor
* OT. Not Sick, Test +Dean Hoffman
+- OT. Not Sick, Test +hubops
+- OT. Not Sick, Test +Frank
+- OT. Not Sick, Test +Bob F
+* OT. Not Sick, Test +micky
|`* OT. Not Sick, Test +Rod Speed
| `* OT. Not Sick, Test +micky
|  +- OT. Not Sick, Test +Rod Speed
|  +* OT. Not Sick, Test +Bob F
|  |`* OT. Not Sick, Test +micky
|  | `- OT. Not Sick, Test +Bob F
|  `- OT. Not Sick, Test +Clare Snyder
`* OT. Not Sick, Test +trader_4
 `* OT. Not Sick, Test +gfretwell
  `- OT. Not Sick, Test +trader_4

1
OT. Not Sick, Test +

<9274092b-b803-4d6f-84b3-442c88a26a83n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16985&group=alt.home.repair#16985

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 10:48:10 -0800 (PST)
Subject: OT. Not Sick, Test +
From: deanh6...@gmail.com (Dean Hoffman)
 by: Dean Hoffman - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 18:48 UTC

Hospitals in Vermont are full of people who aren't sick but test positive
for Covid.
<https://www.usasupreme.com/vermont-has-the-highest-vaccination-rate-in-the-nation-and-the-ers-are-clogged-with-vaccinated-people-who-have-no-covid-symptoms-video/>

Re: OT. Not Sick, Test +

<6uehsgtcd9mhrvkrsqpeodng742542icvf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16986&group=alt.home.repair#16986

From: hub...@ccanoemail.ca
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: OT. Not Sick, Test +
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 14:02:57 -0500
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.ca - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 19:02 UTC

On Sun, 26 Dec 2021 10:48:10 -0800 (PST), Dean Hoffman
<deanh6929@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hospitals in Vermont are full of people who aren't sick but test positive
>for Covid.

Ho hum ...
.. just more iffy "news" from a conspiracy nutter web source :

https://iffy.news/fact-check-search/?q=usasupreme.com+OR+%22USA%20Supreme%22

John T.

Re: OT. Not Sick, Test +

<sqaeg3$j0t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16988&group=alt.home.repair#16988

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 14:06:40 -0500
 by: Frank - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 19:06 UTC

On 12/26/2021 1:48 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
> Hospitals in Vermont are full of people who aren't sick but test positive
> for Covid.
> <https://www.usasupreme.com/vermont-has-the-highest-vaccination-rate-in-the-nation-and-the-ers-are-clogged-with-vaccinated-people-who-have-no-covid-symptoms-video/>

There are a lot of false positives and I believe people should wait for
symptoms before going to the hospital. I read that here they are
stacked in the corridors of the hospital as there are not enough rooms.

Re: OT. Not Sick, Test +

<sqag0a$rv9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16991&group=alt.home.repair#16991

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 11:32:24 -0800
 by: Bob F - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 19:32 UTC

On 12/26/2021 10:48 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
> Hospitals in Vermont are full of people who aren't sick but test positive
> for Covid.
> <https://www.usasupreme.com/vermont-has-the-highest-vaccination-rate-in-the-nation-and-the-ers-are-clogged-with-vaccinated-people-who-have-no-covid-symptoms-video/>

“As governor Scott has said many times, the COVID positive patients are
in the 8% range of the total number of people in the hospital. So, I
would like to if I may -- not that I’m ignoring the pandemic by any
means -- but we need to actually start focusing on those who are not
COVID positive because that is what is really overburdening the hospital
steadily over these many months, many people having understandably
delayed care because they were concerned about going to the hospitals or
health care setting during the pandemic, many people who have not done
the usual preventive screenings that protect them,” Levine said. “I want
all of the Vermonters who haven’t really paid as much attention to their
health care, to start doing that again so they don’t end up as one of
these statistics, that people whose chronic disease conditions have
accelerated out of control and required a hospital stay.”

Both Smith and every doctor we spoke with stressed that if the community
wants to help, they need to get vaccinated and boostered.

Re: OT. Not Sick, Test +

<i2jhsg5e3l5oo8l5o7b2jrog1s70jqnqmm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17003&group=alt.home.repair#17003

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 15:11:58 -0500
 by: micky - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 20:11 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 26 Dec 2021 10:48:10 -0800 (PST), Dean
Hoffman <deanh6929@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hospitals in Vermont are full of people who aren't sick but test positive
>for Covid.
><https://www.usasupreme.com/vermont-has-the-highest-vaccination-rate-in-the-nation-and-the-ers-are-clogged-with-vaccinated-people-who-have-no-covid-symptoms-video/>

I've heard that 60% of corona transmission is by people who are not
symptomatic.

So it's certainly a problem.

But why do they go to the hospital in Vermont?

Re: OT. Not Sick, Test +

<j2s2leFebb3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17006&group=alt.home.repair#17006

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 07:46:35 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 20:46 UTC

micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote
> Dean Hoffman <deanh6929@gmail.com> wrote

>> Hospitals in Vermont are full of people who
>> aren't sick but test positive for Covid.

>><https://www.usasupreme.com/vermont-has-the-highest-vaccination-rate-in-the-nation-and-the-ers-are-clogged-with-vaccinated-people-who-have-no-covid-symptoms-video/>

> I've heard that 60% of corona transmission
> is by people who are not symptomatic.

But no one can test that claim properly.

> So it's certainly a problem.

> But why do they go to the hospital in Vermont?

Because they have got a positive test result.

Its not even a stupid thing to do because the two
new drug treatments for covid only work when
given very early and plenty cant isolate at home.

Re: OT. Not Sick, Test +

<19tksgttdvqlqml1f84dlud78o1iuhf7d6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17234&group=alt.home.repair#17234

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 21:27:25 -0500
 by: micky - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 02:27 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 27 Dec 2021 07:46:35 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote
>> Dean Hoffman <deanh6929@gmail.com> wrote
>
>>> Hospitals in Vermont are full of people who
>>> aren't sick but test positive for Covid.
>
>>><https://www.usasupreme.com/vermont-has-the-highest-vaccination-rate-in-the-nation-and-the-ers-are-clogged-with-vaccinated-people-who-have-no-covid-symptoms-video/>
>
>> I've heard that 60% of corona transmission
>> is by people who are not symptomatic.
>
>But no one can test that claim properly.

Not a with a control, but that doesn't mean they don't have plenty
evidence of it.

>> So it's certainly a problem.
>
>> But why do they go to the hospital in Vermont?
>
>Because they have got a positive test result.
>
>Its not even a stupid thing to do because the two
>new drug treatments for covid only work when
>given very early and plenty cant isolate at home.

I don't new drugs are available yet, esp. not in Vermont ;-) and they
certainly don't have enough to give to people with no symptoms.

The article says they come for a PCR test, but that only takes a couple
minutes.

Re: OT. Not Sick, Test +

<j2vdcaF36s9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17244&group=alt.home.repair#17244

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 14:07:50 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 03:07 UTC

micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote
>>> Dean Hoffman <deanh6929@gmail.com> wrote

>>> I've heard that 60% of corona transmission
>>> is by people who are not symptomatic.

>> But no one can test that claim properly.

> Not a with a control, but that doesn't mean
> they don't have plenty evidence of it.

Not for the 60% claim. Plenty of evidence that
some of the transmission happens that way tho.

>>> So it's certainly a problem.
>>
>>> But why do they go to the hospital in Vermont?
>>
>>Because they have got a positive test result.
>>
>>Its not even a stupid thing to do because the two
>>new drug treatments for covid only work when
>>given very early and plenty cant isolate at home.
>
> I don't new drugs are available yet, esp. not in Vermont ;-)

Yes they are, two of them in fact.

> and they certainly don't have enough
> to give to people with no symptoms.

But are free to wait and see if those develop symptoms.

> The article says they come for a PCR test,
> but that only takes a couple minutes.

It takes much longer than that to get the results.

Re: OT. Not Sick, Test +

<sqe3a3$bav$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17263&group=alt.home.repair#17263

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 20:20:27 -0800
 by: Bob F - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 04:20 UTC

On 12/27/2021 6:27 PM, micky wrote:
> In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 27 Dec 2021 07:46:35 +1100, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote
>>> Dean Hoffman <deanh6929@gmail.com> wrote

>>> I've heard that 60% of corona transmission
>>> is by people who are not symptomatic.
>>
>> But no one can test that claim properly.
>
> Not a with a control, but that doesn't mean they don't have plenty
> evidence of it.
>>
>>> So it's certainly a problem.
>>
>>> But why do they go to the hospital in Vermont?
>>
>> Because they have got a positive test result.
>>
>> Its not even a stupid thing to do because the two
>> new drug treatments for covid only work when
>> given very early and plenty cant isolate at home.
>
> I don't new drugs are available yet, esp. not in Vermont ;-) and they
> certainly don't have enough to give to people with no symptoms.
>
> The article says they come for a PCR test, but that only takes a couple
> minutes.

Have you read about the Merck pill? It apparently works by causing
mutations of the virus, and perhaps the patient. That one I am not going
to consider.

"Molnupiravir works by introducing mutations to the virus, a different
mechanism than in Pfizer’s pill, which interferes with a protease the
virus needs to make copies of itself.

Dean Y. Li, president of Merck Research Laboratories, said the
advantages of the drug include that clinicians will not have to worry
about interactions with commonly prescribed medications or worry about
patients’ liver and kidney function. Pfizer’s antiviral Paxlovid
interacts with many commonly used drugs and is not recommended for
people with severe liver and kidney problems.

“It’s an important part of the armamentarium, and we do think multiple
mechanisms of action are going to be important,” Li said of the
available options.

Because of the way the Merck drug works, some experts fear it will fuel
the rise of new variants or could cause mutations in people who take it
— despite various tests that gave FDA reviewers confidence those risks
were low overall.

Molnupiravir is not recommended for use during pregnancy. Men and women
of childbearing potential are recommended to use birth control, with men
recommended to use birth control for three months after the last dose.
It is authorized for people 18 and older because it can affect bone and
cartilage growth."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/12/23/merck-covid-pill-fda-authorized/?utm_campaign=wp_to_your_health&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_tyh&wpmk=1&pwapi_token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJjb29raWVuYW1lIjoid3BfY3J0aWQiLCJpc3MiOiJDYXJ0YSIsImNvb2tpZXZhbHVlIjoiNWY4Zjc1NjI5YmJjMGYzNGQ1MDI0MzRhIiwidGFnIjoiNjFjYTMwMTQ5ZDJmZGFiNTZiZTNhMzhhIiwidXJsIjoiaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cud2FzaGluZ3RvbnBvc3QuY29tL2hlYWx0aC8yMDIxLzEyLzIzL21lcmNrLWNvdmlkLXBpbGwtZmRhLWF1dGhvcml6ZWQvP3V0bV9jYW1wYWlnbj13cF90b195b3VyX2hlYWx0aCZ1dG1fbWVkaXVtPWVtYWlsJnV0bV9zb3VyY2U9bmV3c2xldHRlciZ3cGlzcmM9bmxfdHloJndwbWs9MSJ9.o3JbnD6dL6R1HXqrdQ16idmBKeGhxxPXcnz80MTQjZc

Re: OT. Not Sick, Test +

<fquosg1a42eij7hp76b1m25bf4boiqohp8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17462&group=alt.home.repair#17462

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 10:16:48 -0500
 by: micky - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 15:16 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 27 Dec 2021 20:20:27 -0800, Bob F
<bobnospam@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 12/27/2021 6:27 PM, micky wrote:
>> In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 27 Dec 2021 07:46:35 +1100, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote

>>> But no one can test that claim properly.
>>
>> Not a with a control, but that doesn't mean they don't have plenty
>> evidence of it.

>>> Because they have got a positive test result.
>>>
>>> Its not even a stupid thing to do because the two
>>> new drug treatments for covid only work when
>>> given very early and plenty cant isolate at home.
>>
>> I don't new drugs are available yet, esp. not in Vermont ;-) and they
>> certainly don't have enough to give to people with no symptoms.
>>
>> The article says they come for a PCR test, but that only takes a couple
>> minutes.
>

>Have you read about the Merck pill? It apparently works by causing
>mutations of the virus, and perhaps the patient. That one I am not going
>to consider.

I've known you for years now, Bob, and I think a few mutations woudln't
hurt you.

>"Molnupiravir works by introducing mutations to the virus, a different
>mechanism than in Pfizer’s pill, which interferes with a protease the
>virus needs to make copies of itself.
>
>Dean Y. Li, president of Merck Research Laboratories, said the
>advantages of the drug include that clinicians will not have to worry
>about interactions with commonly prescribed medications or worry about
>patients’ liver and kidney function. Pfizer’s antiviral Paxlovid
>interacts with many commonly used drugs and is not recommended for
>people with severe liver and kidney problems.
>
>“It’s an important part of the armamentarium, and we do think multiple
>mechanisms of action are going to be important,” Li said of the
>available options.
>
>Because of the way the Merck drug works, some experts fear it will fuel
>the rise of new variants or could cause mutations in people who take it
>— despite various tests that gave FDA reviewers confidence those risks
>were low overall.
>
>Molnupiravir is not recommended for use during pregnancy. Men and women
>of childbearing potential are recommended to use birth control, with men
>recommended to use birth control for three months after the last dose.
>It is authorized for people 18 and older because it can affect bone and
>cartilage growth."
>
>https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/12/23/merck-covid-pill-fda-authorized/?utm_campaign=wp_to_your_health&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_tyh&wpmk=1&pwapi_token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJjb29raWVuYW1lIjoid3BfY3J0aWQiLCJpc3MiOiJDYXJ0YSIsImNvb2tpZXZhbHVlIjoiNWY4Zjc1NjI5YmJjMGYzNGQ1MDI0MzRhIiwidGFnIjoiNjFjYTMwMTQ5ZDJmZGFiNTZiZTNhMzhhIiwidXJsIjoiaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cud2FzaGluZ3RvbnBvc3QuY29tL2hlYWx0aC8yMDIxLzEyLzIzL21lcmNrLWNvdmlkLXBpbGwtZmRhLWF1dGhvcml6ZWQvP3V0bV9jYW1wYWlnbj13cF90b195b3VyX2hlYWx0aCZ1dG1fbWVkaXVtPWVtYWlsJnV0bV9zb3VyY2U9bmV3c2xldHRlciZ3cGlzcmM9bmxfdHloJndwbWs9MSJ9.o3JbnD6dL6R1HXqrdQ16idmBKeGhxxPXcnz80MTQjZc

Well, these do seem like problems but I'm sure you can handle them.

Re: OT. Not Sick, Test +

<76583e1e-f04b-481e-9ca6-6b810cfe69efn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17464&group=alt.home.repair#17464

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 07:33:03 -0800 (PST)
From: trad...@optonline.net (trader_4)
 by: trader_4 - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 15:33 UTC

On Sunday, December 26, 2021 at 1:48:14 PM UTC-5, dean...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hospitals in Vermont are full of people who aren't sick but test positive
> for Covid.
> <https://www.usasupreme.com/vermont-has-the-highest-vaccination-rate-in-the-nation-and-the-ers-are-clogged-with-vaccinated-people-who-have-no-covid-symptoms-video/>

It's not exactly hospitals that are full, it says the ER is getting a lot of
people looking to get tested. IDK who those people would be. Any
insurance plan I've seen there is a substantial co-pay for going to the
ER, testing is available for free elsewhere, you don't wind up near a lot
of sick people, etc. Maybe Medicaid provides for free ER visits, IDK,
but I doubt it.

Throughout this whole pandemic there hasn't been good advice as to
what exactly you should do if positive. An interesting question, if you
have Covid symptoms and call up your regular doctor, what do they do?
Tell you to come in for a visit? Go get tested first, then they will see you?
Tell you that you're on your own, if symptoms are severe, go to the ER?
I wish I had asked my doctor that question. I've asked that of a few people
now and they don't know the answers either. Some think that because all
doctors are screening for Covid, doing temp checks, etc that means that
if you have Covid symptoms, they won't see you. I'm thinking that it means
they will see you, but take appropriate precautions. If they aren't seeing
people, then you would think all the ERs would be overflowing.

Re: OT. Not Sick, Test +

<sqi0uf$2ap$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17469&group=alt.home.repair#17469

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 08:04:39 -0800
 by: Bob F - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 16:04 UTC

On 12/29/2021 7:16 AM, micky wrote:
> In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 27 Dec 2021 20:20:27 -0800, Bob F
> <bobnospam@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/27/2021 6:27 PM, micky wrote:

>>> Not a with a control, but that doesn't mean they don't have plenty
>>> evidence of it.

>>> I don't new drugs are available yet, esp. not in Vermont ;-) and they
>>> certainly don't have enough to give to people with no symptoms.
>>>
>>> The article says they come for a PCR test, but that only takes a couple
>>> minutes.
>>

>> Have you read about the Merck pill? It apparently works by causing
>> mutations of the virus, and perhaps the patient. That one I am not going
>> to consider.
>
> I've known you for years now, Bob, and I think a few mutations woudln't
> hurt you.

Nice guy!

>> "Molnupiravir works by introducing mutations to the virus, a different
>> mechanism than in Pfizer’s pill, which interferes with a protease the
>> virus needs to make copies of itself.
>>
>> Dean Y. Li, president of Merck Research Laboratories, said the
>> advantages of the drug include that clinicians will not have to worry
>> about interactions with commonly prescribed medications or worry about
>> patients’ liver and kidney function. Pfizer’s antiviral Paxlovid
>> interacts with many commonly used drugs and is not recommended for
>> people with severe liver and kidney problems.
>>
>> “It’s an important part of the armamentarium, and we do think multiple
>> mechanisms of action are going to be important,” Li said of the
>> available options.
>>
>> Because of the way the Merck drug works, some experts fear it will fuel
>> the rise of new variants or could cause mutations in people who take it
>> — despite various tests that gave FDA reviewers confidence those risks
>> were low overall.
>>
>> Molnupiravir is not recommended for use during pregnancy. Men and women
>> of childbearing potential are recommended to use birth control, with men
>> recommended to use birth control for three months after the last dose.
>> It is authorized for people 18 and older because it can affect bone and
>> cartilage growth."
>>
>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/12/23/merck-covid-pill-fda-authorized/?utm_campaign=wp_to_your_health&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_tyh&wpmk=1&pwapi_token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJjb29raWVuYW1lIjoid3BfY3J0aWQiLCJpc3MiOiJDYXJ0YSIsImNvb2tpZXZhbHVlIjoiNWY4Zjc1NjI5YmJjMGYzNGQ1MDI0MzRhIiwidGFnIjoiNjFjYTMwMTQ5ZDJmZGFiNTZiZTNhMzhhIiwidXJsIjoiaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cud2FzaGluZ3RvbnBvc3QuY29tL2hlYWx0aC8yMDIxLzEyLzIzL21lcmNrLWNvdmlkLXBpbGwtZmRhLWF1dGhvcml6ZWQvP3V0bV9jYW1wYWlnbj13cF90b195b3VyX2hlYWx0aCZ1dG1fbWVkaXVtPWVtYWlsJnV0bV9zb3VyY2U9bmV3c2xldHRlciZ3cGlzcmM9bmxfdHloJndwbWs9MSJ9.o3JbnD6dL6R1HXqrdQ16idmBKeGhxxPXcnz80MTQjZc
>
> Well, these do seem like problems but I'm sure you can handle them.

Re: OT. Not Sick, Test +

<b9brsgt154d1eurc7mf8uccv5oqp850qqt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17519&group=alt.home.repair#17519

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 05:02:49 -0800
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Thu, 30 Dec 2021 13:02 UTC

On Wed, 29 Dec 2021 07:33:03 -0800 (PST), trader_4
<trader4@optonline.net> wrote:

>On Sunday, December 26, 2021 at 1:48:14 PM UTC-5, dean...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hospitals in Vermont are full of people who aren't sick but test positive
>> for Covid.
>> <https://www.usasupreme.com/vermont-has-the-highest-vaccination-rate-in-the-nation-and-the-ers-are-clogged-with-vaccinated-people-who-have-no-covid-symptoms-video/>
>
>It's not exactly hospitals that are full, it says the ER is getting a lot of
>people looking to get tested. IDK who those people would be. Any
>insurance plan I've seen there is a substantial co-pay for going to the
>ER, testing is available for free elsewhere, you don't wind up near a lot
>of sick people, etc. Maybe Medicaid provides for free ER visits, IDK,
>but I doubt it.
>
>Throughout this whole pandemic there hasn't been good advice as to
>what exactly you should do if positive. An interesting question, if you
>have Covid symptoms and call up your regular doctor, what do they do?
>Tell you to come in for a visit? Go get tested first, then they will see you?
>Tell you that you're on your own, if symptoms are severe, go to the ER?
>I wish I had asked my doctor that question. I've asked that of a few people
>now and they don't know the answers either. Some think that because all
>doctors are screening for Covid, doing temp checks, etc that means that
>if you have Covid symptoms, they won't see you. I'm thinking that it means
>they will see you, but take appropriate precautions. If they aren't seeing
>people, then you would think all the ERs would be overflowing.
We are fixin to find out. My wife came home from Michigan with a cold
and she thinks it must be covid so she is going to see the doctor as
soon as we can get her in but I bet she will be over it by then. This
is not unusual tho. She seems to get a cold every time we go someplace
where it snows.

Re: OT. Not Sick, Test +

<oq32tgl72c02fc7f3sd5nqq62ugu3g3ue3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17744&group=alt.home.repair#17744

From: cla...@snyder.on.ca (Clare Snyder)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2022 21:44:27 -0500
 by: Clare Snyder - Sun, 2 Jan 2022 02:44 UTC

On Mon, 27 Dec 2021 21:27:25 -0500, micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com>
wrote:

>In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 27 Dec 2021 07:46:35 +1100, "Rod Speed"
><rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote
>>> Dean Hoffman <deanh6929@gmail.com> wrote

>>> I've heard that 60% of corona transmission
>>> is by people who are not symptomatic.
>>
>>But no one can test that claim properly.
>
>Not a with a control, but that doesn't mean they don't have plenty
>evidence of it.
>>
>>> So it's certainly a problem.
>>
>>> But why do they go to the hospital in Vermont?
>>
>>Because they have got a positive test result.
>>
>>Its not even a stupid thing to do because the two
>>new drug treatments for covid only work when
>>given very early and plenty cant isolate at home.
>
>I don't new drugs are available yet, esp. not in Vermont ;-) and they
>certainly don't have enough to give to people with no symptoms.
>
>The article says they come for a PCR test, but that only takes a couple
>minutes.

Here in Ontario you only get a PCR test if you are in an "at risk
category or are symtomatic -and good luck then. My daughters got their
tests at 7am (and tested positive) They both wotk from home but my
younger daughter went grocery shopping on the 22nd and was symptomatic
on the 25th - we got together on the 24th and 25th and by the 27th
both my wife and I were symptomatic. Not serious - but cough,
headaches, runny nose, body aches and lethargy. All of us are double
vaxxed and booked for the booster. My wife and older daughter were hit
hardest and are both pretty much on the mend - U;m still coughing
(aggravated by running out of asthma meds for a whole day at the
beginning of the infection -- and without it - I COUGH!!!

Re: OT. Not Sick, Test +

<c61bdd79-1b91-457e-9b1b-fd17feda7ef9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17766&group=alt.home.repair#17766

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 07:39:50 -0800 (PST)
From: trad...@optonline.net (trader_4)
 by: trader_4 - Sun, 2 Jan 2022 15:39 UTC

On Thursday, December 30, 2021 at 5:03:18 AM UTC-5, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Dec 2021 07:33:03 -0800 (PST), trader_4
> <tra...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, December 26, 2021 at 1:48:14 PM UTC-5, dean...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> Hospitals in Vermont are full of people who aren't sick but test positive
> >> for Covid.
> >> <https://www.usasupreme.com/vermont-has-the-highest-vaccination-rate-in-the-nation-and-the-ers-are-clogged-with-vaccinated-people-who-have-no-covid-symptoms-video/>
> >
> >It's not exactly hospitals that are full, it says the ER is getting a lot of
> >people looking to get tested. IDK who those people would be. Any
> >insurance plan I've seen there is a substantial co-pay for going to the
> >ER, testing is available for free elsewhere, you don't wind up near a lot
> >of sick people, etc. Maybe Medicaid provides for free ER visits, IDK,
> >but I doubt it.
> >
> >Throughout this whole pandemic there hasn't been good advice as to
> >what exactly you should do if positive. An interesting question, if you
> >have Covid symptoms and call up your regular doctor, what do they do?
> >Tell you to come in for a visit? Go get tested first, then they will see you?
> >Tell you that you're on your own, if symptoms are severe, go to the ER?
> >I wish I had asked my doctor that question. I've asked that of a few people
> >now and they don't know the answers either. Some think that because all
> >doctors are screening for Covid, doing temp checks, etc that means that
> >if you have Covid symptoms, they won't see you. I'm thinking that it means
> >they will see you, but take appropriate precautions. If they aren't seeing
> >people, then you would think all the ERs would be overflowing.
> We are fixin to find out. My wife came home from Michigan with a cold
> and she thinks it must be covid so she is going to see the doctor as
> soon as we can get her in but I bet she will be over it by then. This
> is not unusual tho. She seems to get a cold every time we go someplace
> where it snows.

Sorry to hear that. Two of the three friends I have that are unvaccinated
now have Covid, husband and wife. Wife is Qanon level anti-vax. She has
it worse, though not severe. It's been about a week now since she first had
symptoms, she most likely got it from her church group, where they had
an outbreak. I was in a car with the husband for about an hour two
days before he had symptoms. That was over a week ago now and
I have no symptoms, so I'm probably OK. But it does show how easy
it is to get exposed and why people should get vaccinated. I wonder
if people who go unvaccinated, get infected, pass it on and then
the person dies from it feel any remorse.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: OT. Not Sick, Test +