To give happiness is to deserve happiness.

interests / alt.dreams / 2023/06/10 Saturday: Need for Reading Glasses???

SubjectAuthor
* 2023/06/10 Saturday: Need for Reading Glasses???Richard Silk
`* 2023/06/11 Sunday: Observing a "dead path"?Richard Silk
 `* 2023/06/13 Tuesday: a snack and a dorm room?Richard Silk
  `- 2023/06/14 Wednesday: Down a Lazy Canal, and "Baby Bits."Richard Silk

1
2023/06/10 Saturday: Need for Reading Glasses???

<2d4d2fbe-8ee7-46ee-b9b5-3bde674cfdfen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1773&group=alt.dreams#1773

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 08:04:50 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/06/10 Saturday: Need for Reading Glasses???
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 15:04 UTC

Saw what appeared to be a page of typed / printed text, single spaced, of the size on a typical text book (*larger* than a paperback, *smaller* than a large, family-sized Bible or coffee table book.) The text basically covered the page, allowing for margins, and text fully justified (evenly aligned along both the left and right ends) and presumably in English.

For whatever reason, it seemed as if reading all of it may have been a bit much for the dreamer, and so the mind of the dreamer (and thus the 1st person perspective of the viewer) moved on (toward the right) and the dream ended.

Now the view was *very* clear, like clarity 9+, well let, although it would have been *nice* to have read *something* of the text, although the dreamer had a feeling *as if* one would need one's reading glasses to even attempt such. *Perhaps* that's where the dreamer went, to "find / put on reading glasses." Perhaps.

2023/06/11 Sunday: Observing a "dead path"?

<4a0c3877-b353-4e43-9b76-35003805eb48n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1774&group=alt.dreams#1774

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 19:57:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/06/11 Sunday: Observing a "dead path"?
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 02:57 UTC

While there may have been some prelude to what follows, it was barely noticed during the dream itself, and has since evaporated, yet it led the dreamer to follow a particular entity for the purpose of theoretically finding something, whether to see or otherwise observe some function, ostensibly for the purpose of gaining reason of some kind, but that's all *highly* debatable in lieu of how things turned out—

The dreamer was following someone (or some "thing") similar to a half-human, half-demonic creature. The entity's skin-tone had a hint of red, and it's body mass seemed slightly heavier / denser than that of a typical human, as if from a "plane of greater gravity," such that thicker, stronger mass was necessary in order to exist. Kinda like how birds are lighter in mass in order to fly, but in an opposite fashion.

There was something akin to a yellow streak down the back (spine) of the entity as well, and whether that was the mark of a coward, or possibly just a tattoo of some kind, or possibly a simple marking of skin coloration (like as how some dogs, horses, possibly even cats have spots, for example) is unknown. The dreamer simply had a sense of the need to follow the entity in order to see "what was around the corner."

Well, what followed was a bit "unholy" yet for whatever reason, neither was it frightening: there seemed to be a person (or persons, as in either a chorus or possibly a congregation!) singing in a manner similar to the soundtracks one typically hears in demonic horror movies, with a bunch of "holy—" drawn out yet in an utterly false manner, akin to listening to a "woke" politician, that is, of an *un-holy* sound of "worship," yet in an unholy manner, such as "blind" worship.

The entity came into an area *not unlike* an arena, not unlike a boxing ring or sumo dohyō. (circular ring) but of a square floor area.

There were *two* figures in that area: the entity who had been followed, and another male, more human in appearance, yet still with a darkened, reddish "cast" to his appearance.

The bigger of the two, "Yellow Back," pulled some sort of maneuver as if passing a left arm over the head and back of the beta male, causing the beta to bend over from the force, then with the right arm and hand, made a nearly simultaneous motion, as if somehow "cutting" something between the legs of the beta male. ([Edit: well, that's the way I wrote it this morning. The way I remember it *now* has a bit of confusion as to which arm did what, but it was all *so quick* as to make it really irrelevant to the fact that a "cut" was made.])

The scene was over in nearly a blink, yet there was the unmistakable sense that the beta male had just been "neutered." Clarity: "sub-light"?

Fortunately, there was a much "brighter" dream later on, wherein the dreamer was standing in an area similar to the parking lot outside the KUC building at MTSU (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1116uP0iUQ3wUFhMWYUWLzt6xA4gJSNKE/view?usp=drive_link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/118MwA1ht9ilVKM1REFY-4axYIBFi4YXo/view?usp=drive_link)
facing a police vehicle, approaching from the direction of "Champion Way."

*Unfortunately,* the day got a bit busy since when I first started writing this up, earlier today, *before* Church (which started at 10:30 AM local, CDT) and as it's now "21:21" (9:21 PM) I've forgotten just about everything about the cop car approaching (from the north) on "Champion Way," except that the car had lights on top (like a "patrol car" rather than an unmarked) and the driver was very similar to Maggie Lawson (from the TV series, "Psych") (imdb.com/title/tt0491738/mediaviewer/rm4087006976) who, *if I remember correctly,* got out of the vehicle and spoke to the dreamer— and although I seem to recall there was more to this clip, it's really all just evaporated (seeing as how it's now much later, nearly 10 PM!) although it *started* out at around clarity 9+/10- due to my familiarity with that area of campus, as well as the (daylit) brightness of the scene.

2023/06/13 Tuesday: a snack and a dorm room?

<c044718b-38e6-45bf-b590-e5bbe1132e3cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1777&group=alt.dreams#1777

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 08:19:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/06/13 Tuesday: a snack and a dorm room?
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Tue, 13 Jun 2023 15:19 UTC

The dreamer is as if in perhaps the lower bed of a bunk bed. All I can say for *certain* is that it was in a bed-like setting, nearer the floor than in a higher position.

There's some amount of rather tasty, tempting lunch meats (sliced deli selection, possibly of more than one type of meat, but in layers, much like the many layers of a *perfectly* fluffy biscuit.) This stack of sliced meats is *perfect* for a typical young male, say, of teen age or collegiate years.. It's a bit much for an older person, and *way* more than a mouthful for a petite or older woman.

The dreamer is lying upon (his?/the) left side, with the right arm side up, as if to create a small type of shield with (his?/the) body, as if to "hide" the stack of meats that happen to rest *directly adjacent* to the mattress, *as if* on a night stand, yet directly ahead of the solar plexus of the dreamer's body.

That is to say, if it were a mouse trap, anything touching the meats could easily get clobbered (with the free right arm / hand.)

However, there's a "sense" that these meats are available for whomever is hungry, as if the dreamer [himself] has no immediate hunger and is willing to share, although perhaps reluctantly, as if in the sense that if no one takes up the offer, those meats will make for a filling yet also tasty snack later.

Well, there's some type of motion, which is a tad difficult to describe, other than the image appeared very much like the dreamer's dog (who looked remarkably identical to my dog in real life as of the time of this writing) stuck her snout up (from a relative position of about 4 o'clock, if the horizon of the mattress were from 9 to 3) — (if one were to align the mattress as from 12 to 6, as the dreamer *was* in a horizontal position, the snout appeared from around the 7 o'clock position) and snatched a relatively proportional bite sized amount out of the stack of meats, then disappeared (retreated) and the dreamer chuckled something along the lines of: "Well, I did say {they were | it was} available {for | to} whomever wanted any." (Clarity 8+, as the meats were perhaps the clearest element of the dream, although that dog snout was rather clear, yet *quick*.)

This next one is a bit similar in that it appears to be in a bed-related scene, only this time, more like a sleeper dorm room, the kind where there may be 10 to 20 beds, perhaps like army barracks. Only it was full of (standing) females (no beds were actually visible, other than perhaps the one the dreamer was upon) and there were *many* of them, so ages could've been anywhere from teen-aged through *early* 20s. Could it have been a harem? Possibly, but it felt more like a dorm room, with no restriction on access, so a prison or military setting would not apply. It seemed more like just a room full of younger females (past puberty, ~likely~ around 18 or so) possibly gathered together to a common sleeping area, possibly for the sense of general security.

Now here's the interesting (?) part. As of the time of this writing, I'm about a month and 12 days away from my 62nd birthday. I mention this because sure, I've got a range of experiences to draw upon, due to my age, yet I "feel" ageless, as if I'm typically a teen / young adult.

I also have come to understand that, although I am ("the dreamer is") *most likely* male in any given dream, such is an *assumption* or possibly *presumption* although there have been a *few* dreams where gender (XY or XX) has been specifically observed. This was one of those dreams where it was never actually *stated,* yet the action *presumes* that the dreamer in this case is male:

"I" (the dreamer) was on a bed, akin to being on the top bunk, but the well-lit room was of a higher-roof situation, perhaps a barrack, yet not of the average ceiling height of a mid-20th century home. (Some of the typical homes of the latter half of the 20th century had/have *higher* than average ceilings. There are also some homes in the 19th and early 20th centuries that had/have higher ceilings. There does get to be an issue with ceiling height and heating/cooling costs, but that's "in real life," whereas in this dream, there was simply no sense of any ceiling limitation.) (Come to think of it, no *specific* walls were visible, either. It was simply a well-lit area, *as like* a room.)

The dreamer had just basically become aware of a sensation akin to being a rooster in a hen house, that being the awareness of all the many young women in the room, seemingly in jammies of various types, when a rather familiar entity / person comes into the room: "Granny."

For anyone reading this who may be unaware of who "Granny" is, first off, she's no direct relative of mine. She is, however, the great-grand-mother to 3 of my children, via "JAT", a relationship of mine that failed, likely due to transgression of the "no sex before marriage" principle, and that she and I were never officially / legally married, other than perhaps in a *loosely applied* "common law" sense (but nothing legally binding.)

"Granny" *also* happens to be the picture you see beside the word "termagant" in the dictionary.
(duckduckgo.com/?q=termagant) (And that's putting it "kindly.")

At any rate, the dreamer is in a bed, possibly a top bunk, with the camera view / 1st person perspective of *possibly* having a wall behind, and all these females standing up, looking at the dreamer, in an array that spans from the left (west) to the right (east) and at all points in-between. Also, all the females appeared *similar* in size and shape to my daughter, Alyssa, who is 14 this year (as of this past January) so I *suspect* this *may* be a genetically-related type dream, *as if* it's a dream analog of the perspective of the mind in the location of an ovary, particularly in lieu of what happens next:

"Granny" comes in (from stage right— she'd be coming in from the left, from the perspective of the back wall, looking towards the dreamer's perspective) and starts bossing the room, saying something *akin* to [he's got to leave immediately] or possibly [you don't belong in here] to which the dreamer felt a bit "at odds" with her bossiness, as if it felt to be a particular honor to be in that room with all those females. The dreamer felt "peaceful" as to the point of having no feeling of being an aggressive male horn-dog, but genuinely *honored* to be there with all of them, and this bossy termagant had no business nor right to come in and try to tell others what to do or how to behave.

The dreamer actually posed "putting it to a vote" as to whether to stay or leave, with the first question being "all in favor of staying?" and *all* their right hands went up (—all except Granny's, of course.) Every one of them! The consequence of that action resulted in "Granny" turning around and leaving. To say that such felt "right" or "correct" or "gratifying" is to put it "gently," as it was in fact something of a gentle (yet gratifying/honoring) moment. Clarity 9+, although the numerous females *except* for Granny were a *tad* of a "soft focus," clarity 8-ish.

What I *think* all that means is that my daughter may be at what the Jewish folk would consider her age of Bat Mitzvah. And although modern culture has "normalized" such a condition (of maturity / adulthood) to a specific year (such as age 12) I personally consider it as a "unique moment" specific to each individual, such as when a female reaches the point of menarche. There's also the suspicion that, as Granny was "voted on to leave," that it *may* indicate that *all* of Alyssa's (future) offspring may be males, thus "terminating" the (practically insane) matriarchal line of Granny & JAT. (🙏)

2023/06/14 Wednesday: Down a Lazy Canal, and "Baby Bits."

<083a8e9c-d2c8-4544-9506-99723ba3ca20n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1778&group=alt.dreams#1778

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 08:06:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/06/14 Wednesday: Down a Lazy Canal, and "Baby Bits."
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 15:06 UTC

There was a rather lengthy sequence of events involving a straight river (likely a canal) and a female who looked quite a bit like Tilda Swinton as "The Ancient One" in "Doctor Strange" (2016)— (imdb.com/title/tt1211837/mediaviewer/rm715927296)

There was *something* of a "pre-memory" of traveling (swimming? rafting? too faint to recall) upstream, yet the major recollection of the dream begins with the dreamer as if floating on one's back (akin to the "dead man's float" swimming-survival technique) yet in more of a reclining position, as if in bed rather than floating in the water (wherein one's legs would dangle downward.)

The mental image was that of the dreamer floating *back down* along a stream / current that was traveling at a *fairly* decent pace (perhaps a shade faster than walking, unless one had a long stride and had a purpose in getting somewhere) yet was "taking aim" at actually staying mid-stream.

The dreamer was as if mentally choosing to constantly *avoid* changing position as if to "look" to see the course being traveled. There was some figment of an idea that, if the dreamer was flowing "with the current," then the body *should* remain mid-stream naturally. And *if* the dreamer were to end up flowing into the bank (or canal wall) or an obstacle, *then* the dreamer could turn to see to adjust if / as necessary. There was *also* a bit of idea going through the mind as if this were a "trust / faith" type exercise, something to try even if only to see how well it turned out.

There was also a *hint* of an idea that, *if* the dreamer had surveyed the course traveling *upstream*, then any notable obstacles would've been remembered while traveling "downstream."

One other thing: the dreamer's position was that of on one's back, traveling head-first (as *if* flowing downstream) *towards* the "camera's perspective." If "you" (the reader) were "south" on a compass dial, the dreamer would be flowing directly south.

This flowing travel / trust experiment / process continued for a *good* number of seconds (in dream time) which typically translates to a *significant* amount of time "in real life" / waking consciousness. However, as to whether it's a matter of minutes, hours, days, or *significantly* longer, appears irrelevant as to the fact that there was definitely some passage of "time" as the waking consciousness perceives "time."

*At some point,* there was a change in direction, as if there were a deliberate need to turn west in a direct, 90° turn (when flowing southward, west is to the left) although to the dreamer, it was like turning a bit more, as if into a dog-paddle position, then turning to the right (still heading west) and I *think* resuming the position of floating on the back.

From here, the transcription process of recording the dream into words gets a bit "sketchy," as what follows may be *slightly off* from what actually occurred. (In case anyone may have observed, I've been working on "accuracy of translation" from what occurred in a dream into what gets recorded into words. "The Revelation of Saint John of Jesus Christ" absolutely *blows my mind* as to how precise and accurately detailed everything is, even though some of the clarity issues may arise from trying to describe a military helicopter in the words of the 1st century AD Greek, thus the term "locust"..) (This forum, alt.dreams, is both "good and bad" in that once posted, it's posted, and there's no editing for clarity / updates, other than posting a follow-up, yet the idea is to "get it right the first time" before hitting "post" (or "send," whatever.) At least, composing offline, then copy/pasting to the screen, offers the opportunity to review / edit one last time before posting.)

After traveling "west" just a bit, the dreamer becomes aware of an area *to the north* (keeping this all relative to a southern camera perspective) and transitions into a hallway / room (foyer?) of sorts, with only a single structure resting upon the ground, similar to a casket, but with a crystal lid, lying upon the ground (oriented north-south, with the head of the casket to the north.)

For whatever reason, perhaps as a consequence of some type of {force | energy} exerted / thought sent, the crystal clear lid *cracked* / fractured, as if it were of wood, meaning without shattering into a gazillion pieces, or as would safety glass. It simply fractured, and held its basic shape intact. And while there was no immediate understanding as to what happened or why, the dreamer turned (counter-clockwise) away from that area / scene, although somewhere along this part of the dream, the dreamer was in communication with a female looking very much like that "Ancient One" character referenced at the start of this post. All I can recall is that "The Ancient One" was speaking in terms of gently providing words of wisdom, albeit from a female's perspective, which is most always (if not *actually*) reflective of light, rather than transmitting it (although I suppose that when Joan of Arc burned at the stake, she provided *some* light— but even that was *mostly* courtesy of the pyre lit beneath her.) Sadly, whatever she was saying was less than perfectly received, nor even remotely remembered, other than the delivery of the words, which was in the manner of kind, gracious sharing. IF I recall the sequence of dreams correctly, that was likely the end of the dream, clarity all the way from 7 to 11 (considering it may have been partly of an astral journey, possibly of a "time bridge") but mostly 9.

Now as to whether this next sequence / clip is connected to the previous dream *or not* is unclear, but if it were, it would be from traveling further downstream from the cracked casket lid and the Tilda Swinton character (who *may* have been released *as a result of* the casket lid being fractured.)

The dreamer came into a well-lit room *similar* to that of a brewery / distillery, although it had no feel of alchololic spirits being made. What *was* present was a vat, akin to a cauldron (of about 3'–4' diameter across the top, maybe 2½'–3½' in height) filled with what looked very much like baked beans, except that the were bits of white stuff in with the brown stuff. Now whether it was "bubbling" or otherwise, it did appear to have some form of "activity" associated with it, even if only the rising / escaping of methane gas (as there was no sense of "heat" associated with it, but *something* about the vat's contents caught the dreamer's attention.)

Someone (perhaps the narrative mind?) identified the vat's contents as "aborted baby bits." The dreamer turned left (as if proceeding west) and the dream ended, clarity most likely 7+.