"All Bibles are man-made." -- Thomas Edison

interests / alt.dreams / 2023/05/29 Sunday (Memorial Day, USA): Taylor Swift, then The Angel of Death

SubjectAuthor
* 2023/05/26 Friday: Eating a brick / first solo flight (plus MANY,Richard Silk
`* 2023/05/27 Saturday:Richard Silk
 `* 2023/05/28 Sunday:Richard Silk
  `- 2023/05/29 Sunday (Memorial Day, USA): Taylor Swift, then The AngelRichard Silk

1
2023/05/26 Friday: Eating a brick / first solo flight (plus MANY, MANY more!)

<37b8e918-958a-4bc3-a364-2732d5fa3866n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1766&group=alt.dreams#1766

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 16:38:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/05/26 Friday: Eating a brick / first solo flight (plus MANY,
MANY more!)
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Fri, 26 May 2023 23:38 UTC

facility of mostly floor
gal in car in field (Waiting Woman in Car at Edge of Parking Lot)
eating a brick / bucket of clay
size 60L?
thermostat
building frame w/network wires down every stud
hookers w/pimp
wondering about drugs
spill of Rx
starship journey between locations
gal in solo ultralight (parasail?)

Last night I fell asleep on the couch, woke up around 7 AM, gave the dog an opportunity to go out, she came back in, and I just locked things back down and went to bed. Got up around 9:30 AM, and all these notes (above) are from a *SLEW* of dreams that all just came flowing through:

Facility of Mostly Floor:
The dreamer was walking carefully through a dimly lit area of a building with LOTS of concrete floor space yet simply NOT well lit, no windows observed, no direct lighting (lamps) observed, and *maybe* light was coming in from distant doorways or such. An overcast night at dusk has more light than was seen in this dreamscape.

However, the floor was clearly seen, despite the fact that it looked like people had been simply peeing in places at random, and the dreamer was thinking that it might be a good idea to simply start mopping up the general mess *if* he could even find a mop.

Along the way, there appeared to be a section similar to rows of lockers, like in a gym locker room, where an unobstructed corridor passes by rows of lockers. Again, *dimly* lit, so there was very little interest in going down to examine any of the lockers, especially considering how dim and messy the rest of the building had been so far.

The dreamer goes into an open area (still with walls like concrete, but with a bit of space, like maybe 40'x40' or so) and finds a conversation with a guy who is somehow "working out" (*similar to* working out with weights, yet differently) and a question is asked about why whatever is being practiced, and he says that his method will ensure the ability to lift at least 85 lbs, and the dreamer replies "I can do that now already," as if to say, "so why should I bother with your method?"

Now whether this next bit the same guy or not is unclear, and feels like it *could* be someone else, but: there's this guy (or "entity") who simply "dissolves" (or "fades") into barely 3-dimensional text, like cursive writing (or possibly some other language) that has perhaps a millimeter of relief above the floor. Whether that guy returned or not is unclear, but it may have been analogous with someone quoting someone from the 1800s or earlier, as if the guy's words had been "brought to life" then receded back into the annals of historical quotes.

And that was just the *brief* dream of *one* walk though a *large* space. I have the sneaking hunch that much of these dreams *may* be a consequence of who all contacts me via cyberspace (the Internet) during the course of a day. Maybe, maybe not, but overall clarity was 8 (would've been a lot lower, but the interactions all helped keep it "alive" in my memory rather than evaporating after waking.)

Waiting Woman in Car at Edge of Parking Lot: (gal in car in field):
The dreamer was flowing in motion, as if in a car along a highway, though not too fast, when a vehicle was spotted down near the right edge of a squarish (rectangular?) parking lot (that extended leftish.) I have the impression that the car was actually in the grass before the edge of the parking lot, so the dreamer went down to check out the car (which may have been a convertible, top-down type of sports car, *possibly* a Riverside Red Chevy model, *possibly* a '63'–64 (Sting Ray) 'Vette.)

In the car, waiting patiently, was a woman (of moderate young-mother age) and possibly a young child (sorry, there was not much attention given to the child, and this *may* be a "figment of my imagination," but I *think* it was a blondish-brown-haired boy with light (blue to green) colored eyes. Again, *absolutely* a possibility of my imagination from *after* waking. But there it is.)

I *suspect* the dreamer said something by way of introduction to the female, such as regarding the location / how ya doin', etc.— to which the female replied *something* like: "We're just waiting for our {husband / pilot} to {land/return}."

The dreamer had the impression that the rectangular, paved area may have served as a parking lot. And *rather* than hang around and wait to meet him, the dreamer simply left them to sit by themselves. After all, the scene was *dark* (as if just before the breaking of the dawn) and the area was otherwise totally abandoned. (I *suspect* that I should have remained there longer in order to meet the pilot, which could've been an alternative version of myself, but the dreamer is sometimes *other* than totally sentient of my waking mind-set.)

The dreamer continued along the highway that had led down to the scene (described above) as if on a bicycle (along the right shoulder) as the car with the woman and child, *with* her pilot now driving the car) sped on by (in the right lane) and I *think* there was a wave from the dreamer and / or from the car as they drove past.

Clarity 8 due to low lighting / no clear faces ever observed, no names exchanged, etc.

Eating a Brick / Bucket of Clay:
This one was rather curious— The dreamer held a brick, in shape and structure *very much like* a typical, red-clay brick (commonly used in construction, typically of the outside of a house, in the USA and elsewhere) except that it had a lighter-brown-gray look to it, and the dreamer instinctively took a bite out of it, as if it were some type of crunchy (un-sweet) confection.

The dreamer was crunching along (masticating/chewing) when someone was raising an incredulous note regarding how a person (the dreamer) was *eating* a *brick*!?!?!?

There came into the scene a male of about his early 30s, about the size of someone who may have played a quarterback or runningback in his high school football days, who was acting in the roll of a central, objective perspective, even that of a teacher (so as to show relevance to others.)

He was expounding upon things that represent energy, and while this list is being put together from the waking mind, the actual list of preceding elements was reasonable at the time of dreaming, yet all but the last one was forgotten upon waking: A bucket of gasoline (represents potential energy); a bucket of gunpowder (represents potential energy); a bucket of clay (represents potential energy); leaving us with the unspoken conclusion that was presented by the list: thus, a bucket of clay represents energy. And what do we eat? Various forms of potential energy (that gets digested and used by the body for energy.) Clarity 9.

Size 60L? is about a female (around age 16-ish) who was concerned regarding a white blouse-like top she was wearing. It had short sleeves with a lacy appearance around the edges of the sleeves, as if the material itself were woven from solid-sleeve out to where it became round lace. And, for whatever reason, it reminded me of a Latino-Mexican-type female, such as a quinceanera dress, except more of a shirt for someone who was unable to afford a formal dress.

Now a word of preface— I have basically *zero* understanding of how women's sizes are rated. Sure, I understand "petite" to "small" to "medium" (etc.) yet other than that, no idea. Shoe sizes are different, pants / shirts / everything else, although I do understand a bustline measurement in inches, as well as hips and waist, so a "pretty young adult" would be around 36-24-36 or very close to those measurements.

At any rate, I have an understanding of about what a 40" waist would be for a man's pair of jeans (I slimmed my way down from 38" to 36" to 34" and am now back to around 32"–34", likely 33", but sizes *rarely if ever* come in odd numbers.)

The girl's white blouse had a type of dingy appearance to it, and there was the feeling that she was in need of buying a new one. At this point, there was *something like* a question (from the perspective of the narrative mind) along the lines of "What size do you wear?"

For whatever reason, the dreamer was thinking of something along the lines of "48?" — to which the female replied *something* like along the lines of: "I'm size 60L."

I recall the dreamer's mind was a bit incredulous, as if that number made no sense. Could it be that her appearance in dream is *thinner* than her appearance in waking, physical form? Other than that, clarity 8 (±).

Thermostat: There's been enough time and activity passed by now since waking, that this one is largely forgotten. I *think* it had something to do with setting a thermostat in response to a very stiff, warm wind being blown through air ducts, at a strength and speed sufficient to ruffle anything about a person standing in the directional air stream. I *think* the dreamer adjusted the (wall-mounted) thermostat setting so as to bring the range of inactivity into alignment with the ambient temperature, so as to "turn off" the fan blowers. (Clarity 8-, even originally.)

Building Frame w/Network Wires Affixed Down Every Stud:
The dreamer is (in first person perspective) going through the construction of a building, still in frame-out status (that's like where a house is being built, and you can still walk through all the walls as they are only the studs, yet still lacking the wall boards that physically prevent sound, air and, in *many* cases, light, from passing from one room to another.

The area being walked through is akin to a lengthy (attached) garage, such as the framework of the wall between the garage and another room of the interior of the house, from the perspective of within the garage, heading from a darker area (perhaps towards the inside of the structure) towards the light (perhaps towards the entrance to the garage) and the motion was a *bit* like flowing, as if pulling oneself from stud to stud, yet while showing the construction to a guy who was walking alongside of the dreamer, although the guy appeared to be standing/walking upon the ground, whereas the dreamer seemed to be in more of a floating/guiding mode.

Click here to read the complete article
2023/05/27 Saturday:

<1b5fd1ae-fa7e-4ce4-8a2e-8b3194634e39n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1767&group=alt.dreams#1767

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 12:33:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/05/27 Saturday:
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Sat, 27 May 2023 19:33 UTC

Fortunately, I have *very little* memory of the dreams from last night / this morning, *other* than a *vague* memory of a something akin to a directional path, much like the trail left behind by a model rocket launched by a kid on a sunny day from the middle of a field, as seen from the perspective of *above* the path as the vessel travels upward, towards the perspective.

There was *something* of an up, zig to one side, then zag back upwards, but that's all I can recall at the moment. Clarity: *barely remembered at all,* but it was around 7-ish through 8-ish back when it occurred.

2023/05/28 Sunday:

<62e75259-a0f9-4fcf-b750-4dab551d2856n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1768&group=alt.dreams#1768

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 16:04:52 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/05/28 Sunday:
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Sun, 28 May 2023 23:04 UTC

Had an interesting clip of the hallway, only rather than the half-panel/half-wallpaper & wooden floor, it was all of (magnetic) white, dry-erase board, like what I've been using to help my elderly mother (to some extent) keep track of the month/day/date. (She was driving me *NUTS* with her constant "misplacement" of her situational awareness. But that's *directly* due to her stroke, rather than *typical* age-related senility.) Some of the markings on the white boards were of black ink, red ink, and there was the hint of other colors, such as green and purple. Clarity 6+.

The other dream was of a female *very similar to* my daughter, Alyssa, only she was of an age sufficient for riding a motorcycle:

Some guy was apparently displaying a rather fast-paced (speed-type) motorcycle for sale. He was somewhere in the middle-aged group, likely between 30–40. A female (who looked very much like my daughter, Alyssa, who's now 14 years old) sat on the bike (allegedly to give it a test spin) and just *zoomed* off! It felt like she had definitely "left the scene" rather than simply having taken it for a test. The dreamer (narrative or possibly 1st-person / mind perspective) and the guy were both feeling <caught off-guard> and they both attempted to give a half-hearted chase, knowing full well she was *long* gone! (and FAST gone!)

There was a follow-up scene later, where the dreamer was possibly addressing her actions, in something of a conscience/moral learning mode, in a room in a small house (a bit shack-like) presumably somewhere along Hall's Hill Pike, presumably just "a few miles down the road" (from the perspective of the intersection of Scottland and Greenland Drive.) She said something to the dreamer, and he remarked that such a conversation was of a parent-child-type learning content.

The scene with the motorcycle was likely around 8-, whereas the segment with the conversation was closer to 8+.

2023/05/29 Sunday (Memorial Day, USA): Taylor Swift, then The Angel of Death

<2a577e3f-8c50-479a-8d1c-e989fe31c2e0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1769&group=alt.dreams#1769

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!usenet.goja.nl.eu.org!2.eu.feeder.erje.net!feeder.erje.net!news-1.dfn.de!news-2.dfn.de!news.dfn.de!npeer.as286.net!npeer-ng0.as286.net!peer03.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.ams4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer01.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 07:56:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/05/29 Sunday (Memorial Day, USA): Taylor Swift, then The Angel
of Death
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Mon, 29 May 2023 14:56 UTC

The dream before waking was one of the most impressive dreams I've ever had, however, I need to go through some of the *least* impressive ones before getting there, sandwiched between the end and the starting dream:

Taylor Swift (in high school / college?): The scene opens with the dreamer (in the mental first person, the perspective from behind one's own eyes) walking into a hallway of the size, dimension, and appearance of the lower floor of the Keathley University Center (KUC) at MTSU, where the campus U.S. Post Office is located. (MTSU even has its own zip code IRL: 37132.) To get into that hallway, one typically enters a small foyer at the northeast entrance, goes down (rather than up) a half-flight of stairs, and then straight into the hallway, with the post office to the left (east.) Straight through the hallway, up a half-flight of stairs to the opposite foyer, and one is walking out into an older greenspace of the campus, suitable for holding student rallys of up to a few hundred students.

The dream opens up with the dreamer facing Taylor Swift (who is standing still, as if pondering her next action) angled about 45° to her left, the dreamer's right) and the dreamer is *barely* surprised to be standing there, but the *feeling* is more like "of course, we used to go to school together" (although that was NOT spoken, just a kind of "feel" to explain the "feeling" of being there) and the dreamer asks her how school is going, ("OK") and "What classes are you taking?" (And although all this had a "feel" of high school as the dream opened up, the setting and the dialogue *clearly* indicate a collegiate vibe.)

Her response was *something* along the lines of "Science, math and biology" (please note that both biology and math are branches of science) but (since this was an earlier dream of the evening) due to some evaporation, and while that *may* not be an *exact* quote, what happened or was said next has somewhat evaporated.

I have the *feeling* that the dreamer had no desire to fan-geek (or celebrity-gaze) but decided instead to simply end with, "If you need any help with anything, let me know" (or something very similar to that) and the dream (encounter?) ended, clarity 9 to 9+. Please note, she appeared in the dream just as beautiful as always, yet was dressed very smartly for the university setting, like a *well*-dressed, well-adjusted student. I can only surmise that the look on her face was as if she was seriously questioning what her next move might be, and that perhaps my appearing to her right may have helped turn her away from the serious problems that the left is bringing to the world today, or at *least* look "northward" for a moment.

Now come the mundane (boring) type dreams, of which I can only recall maybe parts of one of them at the moment:

The dreamer was in an area with a feel *similar* to US-41 (Nashville Hwy leading northward out of Murfreesboro) on the "eastern" side of the road, *near* where I used to work, as if between Clark Blvd and Northfield.

Facing easterly, from the road, there's a building to the left (northward) that's a *bit* like a Wal*Mart/car repair/combination: that is, it's a place for car stuff, yet has an interior about the size of a smaller Wal*Mart. The dreamer catches a glimpse of the interior of that place, yet has the *distinct* impression that there's a fire breaking out, even though there are no flames and no heat, merely of a spreading, growing disaster. (God help us if Wal*Mart goes "woke" with that lethal D.I.E. sickness.)

The dreamer rushes to an area similar to a driveway / parking lot / paved area to the right (southward) onto the back end of a large, empty dump truck (the kind with no tail gate. What is loaded into the bed of the truck may be dumped without obstruction, similar to a Tonka Toy Truck / earth mover, yet smaller in size, such as a truck that can easily operate along regular roads.)

Apparently, the dreamer is trying to get the attention of either a truck driver in the cab of the truck or possibly a passenger (America is left-hand drive, remember) and there's at least a mention of a fire in the adjacent building. There may have even been a search for a fire hose or extinguisher, but this part of the dream was *low* clarity even in the dreaming, and it was as if there was never any clear evidence of any fire, and no urgent reaction to the news.

So I realize I reserve "clarity 7" for symbolic dreams, but there's an indication this *may* be a symbolic dream anyways, so clarity "7" just about fits. Parts of it were even around clarity 6, though after evaporation, more like 5 or 4, barely above visual level.

Now for *the most* interesting dream I've ever had *other* than one or two particular Gina-related visions:

The dreamer is standing as if in an undefined area, as if outdoors, as if with a group of kids, possibly some adults, and one particular gal who had an appearance of a cross between "Hermione Granger" and "Nancy Drew." She had the look of intelligence, yet also of innocence, like any happy-go-lucky teen raised in a drama-free environment (from the world/political/religious perspective.)

The dreamer *sees* a black figure appearing from above, in the distance, looking like the black-shrouded, classic figure of death, perhaps just a touch reminiscent of one of the background figures of Edvard Munch's "The Scream", although as it came closer, it was very much closer to the Grim Reaper in Monte Python's "The Meaning of Life."

It appeared this black, void of energy was coming for the girl, and the dreamer imagined before seeing it, that exposure to / with the approaching energy void would likely chill her instantly, and sure enough, she began to frost up like a Popsickle dipped in liquid nitrogen.

At that moment, the figure of death became the "Angel of Death" and "his" wings enveloped her from behind, as in a warm embrace. Sure enough, the Angel was indeed a male: a *handsome* male with an appearance of around his mid-40s–early 50s, with *dark* hair, and a *very* familiar face that the dreamer was *trying* to identify. And while the Angel made no effort to hide his face, he had a "countenance" of deep, somber responsibility for taking the frozen female away with him.

While there was not much view of his clothes (as his black wings wrapped around the girl, literally in frozen animation) he did appear to be wearing something of a dark yet warm black,brown, and maybe hints of maroon or red accents and *possibly* white, as perhaps a shirt under a vest? The view was *really* quick, sorry. The dreamer was more interested in his face. I guess you could say "He took her seriously."

That he looked a *bit* like an Antonio Banderas figure gives a misleading impression of how he looked, yet I just now did a search on him, and found he has a daughter (msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/meet-antonio-banderas-gorgeous-daughter/ar-AAY5okv) who looks a bit like the frozen gal in the dream.

The Angel of Death had a look more like one of those classic "Marlboro Man" characters, *very much* like this guy: imdb.com/name/nm0857620/mediaviewer/rm605539840

Clarity: charmed (?)