From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,soc.culture.korean,soc.culture.russian
Subject: Korean post-WW2 history
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 16:36:47 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Sun, 2 May 2021 13:36 UTC

A series of articles about the Korean post-WW2 developments,
which include both Koreas, written by a professional Russian
historian.

<https://tinyurl.com/Syngman-Rhee-1>
<https://tinyurl.com/Kim-Il-sung-1>
<https://tinyurl.com/Syngman-Rhee-2>
<https://tinyurl.com/Kim-Il-sung-2>
<https://tinyurl.com/Syngman-Rhee-3>
<https://tinyurl.com/Pak-Hon-yong>
<https://tinyurl.com/Syngman-Rhee-4>
<https://tinyurl.com/Chang-Myon>
<https://tinyurl.com/Kim-Il-sung-3>
<https://tinyurl.com/Park-Chung-hee-1>
<https://tinyurl.com/Park-Chung-hee-2>
<https://tinyurl.com/Il-sung-Jong-Il>
<https://tinyurl.com/NK-50-to-90s>
<https://tinyurl.com/Chun-Doo-hwan-1>
<https://tinyurl.com/Chun-Doo-hwan-2>
<https://tinyurl.com/Chun-Doo-hwan-3>
<https://tinyurl.com/Roh-Tae-woo>

The historian is reputable <https://bit.ly/3gVYuOs>, while the
outlet is semi-tabloid (so some of their headlines look silly).
The content is pretty readable via a machine translation. Quite
a long reading that includes details about internal situations,
intrigues and factional controversies within the Koreas,
contributions and motives of the Soviet Union, China and America
with regard to the Korean affairs.

That's an individual author's vision, although it to some extent
represents the prevailing modern Russian attitudes, which differ
from the attitudes in China, in America and in the Koreas, - it
would anyway be useful to those who're interested to better know
about the regional history.

Review of the NK history in the Soviet context (another writer).

<https://tinyurl.com/Kims-Soviets>

Re: Korean post-WW2 history

<s6vu9a$c06$1@os.motzarella.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1882&group=soc.culture.china#1882

From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,soc.culture.korean,soc.culture.russian
Subject: Re: Korean post-WW2 history
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 08:18:40 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Thu, 6 May 2021 05:18 UTC

> A series of articles about the Korean post-WW2 developments,
> which include both Koreas, written by a professional Russian
> historian.
>
> <https://tinyurl.com/Syngman-Rhee-1>
> <https://tinyurl.com/Kim-Il-sung-1>
> <https://tinyurl.com/Syngman-Rhee-2>
> <https://tinyurl.com/Kim-Il-sung-2>
> <https://tinyurl.com/Syngman-Rhee-3>
> <https://tinyurl.com/Pak-Hon-yong>
> <https://tinyurl.com/Syngman-Rhee-4>
> <https://tinyurl.com/Chang-Myon>
> <https://tinyurl.com/Kim-Il-sung-3>
> <https://tinyurl.com/Park-Chung-hee-1>
> <https://tinyurl.com/Park-Chung-hee-2>
> <https://tinyurl.com/Il-sung-Jong-Il>
> <https://tinyurl.com/NK-50-to-90s>
> <https://tinyurl.com/Chun-Doo-hwan-1>
> <https://tinyurl.com/Chun-Doo-hwan-2>
> <https://tinyurl.com/Chun-Doo-hwan-3>
> <https://tinyurl.com/Roh-Tae-woo>
>
> The historian is reputable <https://bit.ly/3gVYuOs>, while the
> outlet is semi-tabloid (so some of their headlines look silly).
> The content is pretty readable via a machine translation. Quite
> a long reading that includes details about internal situations,
> intrigues and factional controversies within the Koreas,
> contributions and motives of the Soviet Union, China and America
> with regard to the Korean affairs.
>
> That's an individual author's vision, although it to some extent
> represents the prevailing modern Russian attitudes, which differ
> from the attitudes in China, in America and in the Koreas, - it
> would anyway be useful to those who're interested to better know
> about the regional history.

> Review of the NK history in the Soviet context (another writer).
>
> <https://tinyurl.com/Kims-Soviets>

More stuff on the topic.

Korean War facts/logics review <https://tinyurl.com/Korean-War-1950>
Korean War (another writer) <https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/4415926>
NK features (selective essay) <https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/4334622>

I've collected what seems the most informative and balanced.

interests / soc.culture.china / Korean post-WW2 history