Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat. -- R. Heinlein

interests / rec.roller-coaster / Re: Six Flags Policies (was Re: Coaster Names)

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Six Flags Policies (was Re: Coaster Names)Maddox Cox
`- Re: Six Flags Policies (was Re: Coaster Names)TheK-ManRocks

1
Re: Six Flags Policies (was Re: Coaster Names)

<dea0964d-2ba9-4c46-9445-499a826b8d34n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1768&group=rec.roller-coaster#1768

Newsgroups: rec.roller-coaster
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 02:37:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Six Flags Policies (was Re: Coaster Names)
From: maddox.a...@gmail.com (Maddox Cox)
 by: Maddox Cox - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 09:37 UTC

On Wednesday, October 14, 1992 at 3:05:15 PM UTC-4, Michael A. Cornell wrote:
> SARCASM?? WHAT SARCASM...WHERE DID YOU SEE SARCASM? hehehe
> I love using sarcasm BTW.
> As for KD not letting you ride the Rebel Yell in whatever seat you
> want, I think they don't have the room for it. There's no room
> in the station. It's been a while since I've been to KI so correct
> me if I'm wrong, but I think the Racer has a bit more room in the
> station.
> The problem I have with Six flags is, these are NEW coasters, and
> they insist on makeing stations which do not allow you to sit
> where you want. Another thing I don't like about them is the
> amount of Twin rides out there. If I recall correctly from the
> queue line for the GASM, the Shockwave is the same ride except
> the lift hill on the GASM is three feet higher. WOW-WE-WOW! I
> sure am impressed. My family got tired of how boring SFGAd is
> we've only been there once in the past 5 years, and that was to
> ride the GASM and Shockwave. I didn't mind the GASM, it's
> just in the WORST location known to man, next to the parking lot.
> The commercials they showed, were of the Shockwave in Great
> America, and gave me the imprssion that it ran by the lake. I
> was dissapointed. That's why I like the Vortex at KI, it
> uses the terrain so well. You look from the top of the lift hill
> right into the Beast...great stuff!
> That's enough flame for now, don't want anyone to choke on it.
> Mike "Call Batman the Jersey Devil" Cornell
Oh my gosh this is so ironic now

Re: Six Flags Policies (was Re: Coaster Names)

<7c829db8-6393-4b42-a54a-6d0a3cc6baecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1769&group=rec.roller-coaster#1769

Newsgroups: rec.roller-coaster
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 19:15:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: thekmanr...@gmail.com (TheK-ManRocks)
 by: TheK-ManRocks - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 02:15 UTC

On Wednesday, October 18, 2023 at 5:37:45 AM UTC-4, Maddox Cox wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 14, 1992 at 3:05:15 PM UTC-4, Michael A. Cornell wrote:
> > SARCASM?? WHAT SARCASM...WHERE DID YOU SEE SARCASM? hehehe
> > I love using sarcasm BTW.
> > As for KD not letting you ride the Rebel Yell in whatever seat you
> > want, I think they don't have the room for it. There's no room
> > in the station. It's been a while since I've been to KI so correct
> > me if I'm wrong, but I think the Racer has a bit more room in the
> > station.
> > The problem I have with Six flags is, these are NEW coasters, and
> > they insist on makeing stations which do not allow you to sit
> > where you want. Another thing I don't like about them is the
> > amount of Twin rides out there. If I recall correctly from the
> > queue line for the GASM, the Shockwave is the same ride except
> > the lift hill on the GASM is three feet higher. WOW-WE-WOW! I
> > sure am impressed. My family got tired of how boring SFGAd is
> > we've only been there once in the past 5 years, and that was to
> > ride the GASM and Shockwave. I didn't mind the GASM, it's
> > just in the WORST location known to man, next to the parking lot.
> > The commercials they showed, were of the Shockwave in Great
> > America, and gave me the imprssion that it ran by the lake. I
> > was dissapointed. That's why I like the Vortex at KI, it
> > uses the terrain so well. You look from the top of the lift hill
> > right into the Beast...great stuff!
> > That's enough flame for now, don't want anyone to choke on it.
> > Mike "Call Batman the Jersey Devil" Cornell
> Oh my gosh this is so ironic now

______

Don'tcha love it!

Real subject banter, among folks who cared and knew what they
were talking about. Friendly debate too.

A time capsule of UseNet, and the internet at large, before FAKEbook
and other so-called social media walls degraded it to below tabloid
status!