A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems. -- P. Erdos

interests / alt.dreams / 2022/11/18 Friday: Word Play

SubjectAuthor
* 2022/11/15 Tuesday: lotsa floating / hovering (like flying.)Richard Silk
`- 2022/11/18 Friday: Word PlayRichard Silk

1
2022/11/15 Tuesday: lotsa floating / hovering (like flying.)

<1c95da13-1552-44aa-ac3c-08d95f416c0bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1762&group=alt.dreams#1762

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 08:15:02 -0800 (PST)
Subject: 2022/11/15 Tuesday: lotsa floating / hovering (like flying.)
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Tue, 15 Nov 2022 16:15 UTC

Last night / this morning, the dreamer was as if in a social gathering of a handful of people, as if in or around some buildings / a building / perhaps with a room or rooms (I know, that's vague, but there's been some evaporation already this morning, and I'm just trying to whittle this down to the essentials)— it was *almost* like a work environment but where there was very little tension / pressure / no "burden" to get anything done, almost as if we (everyone present) were at the start of a full hour lunch break.

While the dreamer was walking along with someone, perhaps in a wide hallway, the dreamer simply "float upwards" into a hovering position, as if lying prone (stomach downward) flat upon a bed, but there was no bed present in the dream— the dreamer was simply [hovering / floating] about 2' to 3' above the average head height of the [ground-based dream-characters] (and I personally only *rarely* sleep that way. Usually I lie supine or on my (right) side (occasionally on the left, but primarily on the right. Supposedly, lying upon one's right side "aids" the heart at night by relieving pressure on the left side of the chest.)

At any rate, the dreamer was [floating / hovering] along during discussion with someone (*likely* a female!) walking on the ground (although there *were* others in the area, likely some guys) and somehow the female made a remark *to* the dreamer (who was floating/hovering in the air) regarding (his) aerial status.

The dreamer (who sounded a lot like my inner voice) was explaining to her how it appears to function such that whenever a [sense of self-space is distributed laterally, towards one's pelvis / legs]— which was in essence the dreamer giving a "real time" description of what it's like to be "flying" within a dream, although the dreamer was unaware of the situation actually being within a dream. (It was not a "lucid dream," by definition, as a "lucid dream" is one in where the dreamer is aware one is within a dream, dreaming.) There was, curiously, a "thought" that went through the dreamer's mind, possibly as a sentence to another character within the dream, that such floating / hovering / flying is usually indicative of when one is in a dream.

There was more than one occasion in which the dreamer went "floating" (I seem to recall two occasions, although there *may* have been a third, wherein the dreamer actually *covered an amount of distance* as if flying, but those other two elements have evaporated beyond the point of being able to reliably journal anything about them, other than they occurred) yet there was also a segment, seemingly around the same building complex (which *may* have been a dream-construct regarding the space on Quora, "Discussing Jesus" (at https://DiscussingJesus.Quora.Com ) yet there was this one segment that seemed "awkward," to say the least:

The dreamer had been looking for a place / opportunity to "leak a kidney" to use a colloquial vernacular, and was *standing* in front of a toilet (rather than a urinal) in an *open* area / room (about the size of maybe 24'x24' or possibly 30'x30'?) in an [upper right, northwest] corner of the room.

Now, personally, I've been working on taking phytosterols / aromatase inhibitors (such as Saw Palmetto, as well as dietary changes, such as in eating certain veggies that contribute phytosterols and avoiding other sources that contribute to aromatase, which converts into estrogen within the body) in the course of reducing BPH (enlarged prostate due to inflammation due to aromatase) so while the dreamer is standing in front of a toilet (NOT a wall urinal!) there's a female standing to the dreamer's left, either patiently awaiting her turn, OR simply watching, in which case, the dreamer simply felt a bit "uncomfortable" and simply walked away from the scene.

This segment segues either before or after another scene, which was a bit more biological (and *medically* / physiologically R-rated to some extent):

The dreamer was actually urinating (in male fashion) although it *felt* awkward, as if there were a "hole in the pipe" *prior to* the actual tip, which is an actual medical condition known as "penile shaft hypospadias" (where the ureter is located along the shaft.) Apparently, there are all types of subvariants of the condition as well (IRL) but in the dream, the affectation was around "midshaft" toward "distal". Also, although this was not *specifically* noticed, the organ in view *may* have been uncircumcised. The dreamer was more concerned with the hypospadias condition rather than the presence or absence of the foreskin, but "upon review" of the scene (from the waking individual's perspective) it *may well have been* (likely *was*) uncircumcised.

During the observation (clarity 9 to 9+!) the dreamer simply placed the dreamer's right forefinger beneath the point of the hypospadias and the flow then proceeded normally, out of the "front tip" of the ureter (which *was* clearly circumcised!)

(Warning! If the reader researches any images associated with hypospadias, some of them (well, all of them, really) are rather graphic. Some borderline "disturbing" if one is unaccustomed to viewing medial abnormalities.)

Well, that's about all for now. I'm sure the rest of the dreams that may have been encountered have all evaporated by this point.

2022/11/18 Friday: Word Play

<3c628524-fc48-4565-89c6-d4920b1c2c1en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1763&group=alt.dreams#1763

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 02:46:51 -0800 (PST)
Subject: 2022/11/18 Friday: Word Play
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 10:46 UTC

The dreamer was involved in some form of word-play in the dream before waking, shortly before 4:30 AM this morning.

There was an ongoing effort to "bridge" two words together, such as something dealing with dinosaurs with a word similar to gerontology, which is the study of the physical aspects of aging (which *isn't THAT* big of a stretch, but still) so as to result in a word *similar* to "dinogerontology" (although that *may not have been exactly* the word in the dream.)

I suspect this may be due to the ongoing discussions I've been making regarding the "old earth / young earth" debates, that "I AM (One, Now *is*) the *consequence* of *ALL* past *and* the *cause* of *ALL* future (see tinyurl.com/itta-topic-AmBe for a fuller layout of the solution to the argument.)