Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.law-enforcement,soc.history.war.misc,sci.military.naval
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Harvard student groups doxxed after signing letter blaming Israel for
Hamas attack
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 09:53:52 -0700
 by: a425couple - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 16:53 UTC

from
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/10/12/harvard-doxxing-truck-accuracy-in-media/71151814007/

Harvard student groups doxxed after signing letter blaming Israel for
Hamas attack
Sarah Al-Arshani
USA TODAY

A truck drove around Harvard University's campus on Wednesday displaying
the names and faces of several students allegedly affiliated with
student-groups that co-signed a letter blaming Israel for Hamas' attack.

The stunt claimed by the conservative media group Accuracy in Media
comes after several CEOs have called on Harvard to release the names of
students affiliated with groups tied to the controversial letter that
solely blamed Israel for the attack.

The billboard called the students “Harvard leading antisemites.”

In a message on X, Hedge fund CEO Bill Ackman called for students to be
named so he and other companies don't hire them.

“One should not be able to hide behind a corporate shield when issuing
statements supporting the actions of terrorists,” Ackman wrote.

Israel news:US death toll rises to 22; lawmaker says Egypt warned Israel
before attack

FILE - Students walk through Harvard Yard, April 27, 2022, on the campus
of Harvard University in Cambridge, Mass. On Wednesday, a conservative
group paid for a truck to drive around campus identifying students who
had signed a letter solely blaming Israel for Hamas' attack.
In a reply to Ackman, severalCEO's supported his call to name the students.

“I would like to know so I know never to hire these people,” Jonathan
Neman, CEO of restaurant chain Sweetgreen said.

Student groups withdraw signature amid backlash
According to the Harvard Crimson, 34 Harvard student groups initially
signed on to the statement originally written by the Harvard
Undergraduate Palestine Solidarity Committee.

"The apartheid regime is the only one to blame," the statement read.

'No student group' speaks on behalf of Harvard
Following the national attention to the statement, the university
distanced itself from the remarks.

"Let me also state, on this matter as on others, that while our students
have the right to speak for themselves, no student group — not even 30
student groups — speaks for Harvard University or its leadership,"
Harvard President Claudine Gay said in a statement on Tuesday.

As of Wednesday, at least eight groups have removed their signatures
amid a growing national backlash and the doxing, the Crimson reported.
At least four sites have published the names and contact information of
students

In a statement to students on Wednesday evening, Harvard Executive Vice
President Meredith L. Weenick criticized online intimidation and
harassment."

"I write tonight to assure you that the University takes seriously the
safety and wellbeing of every member of our community. We do not condone
or ignore intimidation. We do not condone or ignore threats or acts of
harassment or violence," Weenick wrote.

Additionally, Weenick said the Harvard University Police Department will
increase its presences on campus as a precautionary measure.

What’s happening in Israel?After Hamas attack, understanding the
conflict in Gaza

War in the Middle East
Hundreds of Israelis and Palestinians have been killed, and thousands
more have been injured on both sides since Saturday. Israeli Prime
Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declared war after about 1,000 Hamas
fighters stormed across the Israeli border by land and sea in an attack
that caught Israel's military off-guard.

"We are at war, and we will win it," Netanyahu said.

Israel then launched retaliatory military strikes into Gaza, levelling
buildings. Israel has also tightened a blockade on food, fuel and
medicines. Attacks have continued and the death toll on both sides keeps
rising.