Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,soc.history.war.misc
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Cory_Booker,_in_Israel_over_weekend,_denounces_
‘horrific’ attack by Hamas
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 12:32:57 -0700
 by: a425couple - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 19:32 UTC

OK then!

Cory Booker, in Israel over weekend, denounces ‘horrific’ attack by Hamas
Last Updated: Oct. 9, 2023 at 3:09 p.m. ET
First Published: Oct. 9, 2023 at 11:57 a.m. ET
By Weston BlasiFollow
comments1
More than 1,100 people have been killed and thousands wounded in attack
by Hamas

New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker was in Israel when Hamas launched its
surprise attack over the weekend. Israel formally declared war on Sunday
in retaliation against Hamas. COREY BOOKER/X

‘About this time yesterday, I was jogging … in the Old City when I got
an urgent call from my chief of staff, telling me to get back to the
hotel as quickly as I could, that Israel was under attack.’

— U.S. Sen. Cory Booker
That was New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker describing what it was like to be
in Jerusalem during the attack on Israel by Hamas over the weekend.

Booker arrived in Israel on Friday to attend a meeting of the N7
Initiative, which aims to foster better relations between Israel and
Arab and Muslim countries, a Booker spokesperson told Fox News. The
Democratic senator returned to the U.S. on Sunday.

See also: Here’s what Israel-Hamas war means for oil prices as fighting
continues

“My team and I are now safe, but like many we are shaken, angered, and
heartbroken by the hundreds killed, the thousands injured, those taken
hostage, and all who are directly affected by these sickening terrorist
attacks,” Booker wrote in a post on X on Sunday.

Booker later released a formal statement denouncing the attacks.

“I emphatically condemn Hamas’ horrific acts of violence, kidnapping and
terror targeting Israeli families, children and other civilians in towns
and cities across the nation of Israel. I stand with the people of
Israel and the families of those who have lost loved ones,” he wrote.

Hamas launched a surprise attack on Israel on Saturday, firing thousands
of rockets from Gaza.

Israel formally declared war on Sunday, giving a green light for
“significant military steps” to retaliate against Hamas, which is
designated as a terrorist organization by the U.S.

More than 1,100 people have been killed and thousands wounded on both
sides as of Monday.

Re: Cory Booker, in Israel over weekend, denounces ?horrific? attack by Hamas

<koj5b5Fd65mU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1759&group=soc.history.war.misc#1759

From: johndill...@duck.com.invalid (John Dillinger)
Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,soc.history.war.misc
Subject: Re: Cory Booker, in Israel over weekend, denounces ???horrific??? attack by Hamas
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2023 13:15:32 -0700
 by: John Dillinger - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 20:15 UTC

On Mon, 9 Oct 2023 12:32:57 -0700, a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Cory Booker, in Israel over weekend, denounces ‘horrific’ attack by Hamas

A Hamas leader just said they killed no civilians. They were all Israeli
agents.