Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.law-enforcement,soc.history.war.misc,alt.economics
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Democrat Mayor Eric Adams' calls for Migrants to stay away from New
York:
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 09:42:05 -0700
 by: a425couple - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 16:42 UTC

Stupid Democrats, they were all for being 'sanctuary cities' when it
was cheap words, but when it starts to cost something, they change.

rom
https://www.foxnews.com/media/migrants-defy-mayor-eric-adams-calls-stay-away-new-york-we-good-people

Migrants defy Mayor Eric Adams' calls for them to stay away from New
York: 'We are good people'
'There is no more room in New York' Adams said during his recent tour of
Latin America
Nikolas Lanum By Nikolas Lanum Fox News
Published October 9, 2023 11:13am EDT

NYC Mayor Adams visits border as city struggles with migrant crisis
FOX News' Jeff Paul on the latest from the border crisis and some
Democrats calling on the federal government to address the crisis

Migrants say they are still determined to make their way to New York
City despite strong rhetoric from Mayor Eric Adams, who recently
finished a four-day tour of Latin America.

Adams had embarked on a trip to Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador and the Darién
Gap, a dangerous jungle terrain between Panama and Columbia, where a
large influx of migrants traveled through last month on their way to the
U.S.-Mexico border.

Speaking to reporters on Tuesday, Adams said that while the official
position of the city is that the border should "remain open," they have
made it clear there should be a "decompression strategy" so the Big
Apple does not have to "carry the burden" of the national government.

"There is no more room in New York," he said. "Our hearts are endless,
but our resources are not. We don't want to put people in congregate
shelters. We don't want people to think they will be employed."

ERIC ADAMS SLAMS BIDEN FOR NOT MEETING, IGNORING MIGRANT CRISIS ON NYC
VISIT: 'EVERYBODY KNOWS WHERE I AM'

Eric Adams Mexico
Eric Adams visited Puebla, Mexico on his 4-day trip to Latin America.
(Reuters/Imelda Medina)

Despite this warning, more than a dozen migrants bound for the U.S. told
The New York Times that Adams' comments would not deter them from
reaching the city.

"I think he, as mayor, is defending his country," Johanna del Valle
Acosta, a mother of three traveling from Venezuela, said.

"Suddenly, other countries see us as a threat, but we are good people
who want to work."

On Friday in Quito, Carlos Gabriel Hernández revealed that he and his
wife and two children had previously attempted to cross the Darién Gap.
While the initial trip proved too treacherous, he said his family still
has plans to reach New York.

Hernández said that he was offended to learn why Adams had decided to
visit and claimed his arrival in the region would not change the minds
of everyone coming through the border.

NEW YORK GOV HOCHUL WANTS TO ‘LIMIT’ WHO CROSSES BORDER, SAYS IT’S ‘TOO
OPEN RIGHT NOW’

Eric Adams Mexico
Eric Adams poses for selfies with local businessmen and dignitaries
during an event at the former Municipal Palace in Puebla, Mexico, on
Thursday. (AP/Fernanda Pesce)

"How can you tell someone not to follow their American dream?" he asked.

The State Department has recently sent several delegations to the Darién
region to discourage migration. However, these calls have often led to
more migrants embarking on the trek. Adams acknowledged the limits of
his efforts, noting that his calls will not change the minds of all
those wishing to come through.

"There isn't one magic pill that's going to solve this crisis, and we
need to be clear on that. But If we sit back and wait for the one magic
pill, then we are going to watch this issue erode," he said.

During the mayor's trip to Mexico City, the Times spoke with 33-year-old
Jhonatan Antony Velásquez Diaz, who traveled 33 days from Venezuela with
his wife and 6-month-old daughter. During the journey, they were robbed
at gunpoint. But the family continued after many friends told them they
had received jobs in New York.

Adams said around 800,000 immigrants from the state of Puebla live in
New York City, which has had to absorb over 120,000 more asylum seekers
in the last year.

"That lifts me up and helps me to keep going," Diaz said. "No matter
what, people are going to get there, and I'm not going to be discouraged
by what a politician says or a mayor says."

ADAMS REACTS TO BIDEN ADMIN LEGALIZING THOUSANDS OF MIGRANTS AFTER
SAYING CRISIS WILL 'DESTROY' NYC

Migrants in NYC
Asylum seekers line up in front of the historic Roosevelt Hotel,
converted into a city-run shelter for newly arrived migrant families in
New York City, United States on September 27, 2023. (Selcuk
Acar/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images)

Not everyone was as optimistic about their prospects once reaching the
city. One man, Henry Aguilar, had been traveling through the jungle with
his wife, three kids and a dog when he received a voice message from a
friend.

"I've been here for a little more than a week, and I haven't been able
to find work," the friend could be heard saying. "It's not as easy as
they paint it."

The family is now planning on heading to Texas after receiving the news.

Other families who crossed into the U.S. have not been as fortunate as
some migrants working in New York.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

One Quito man, Raúl Alfredo Chic, chose to head to the U.S. after
COVID-19 decimated his wood shop business. After traveling by foot, bus
and boat, he was arrested and detained for two months in Texas. Back
home, his equipment was stolen and extortionists attempted to shake down
his wife.

Chica said that while Adams may be able to persuade some people to hold
off on the journey, his family remains steadfast in their decision.

"Even after all that I went through, my wife now wants to go," he said.

For more Culture, Media, Education, Opinion, and channel coverage, visit
foxnews.com/media.

Nikolas Lanum is an associate editor for Fox News Digital.

Conversation594 Comments
1.6K Viewing
Discussions are moderated. For more details, click here.
10 People typing
View 155 new comments
Sort by

Best

milorafferty
57 minutes ago

"Suddenly, other countries see us as a threat, but we are good people
who want to work."

Then work in your own country. If the jobs don't exist, create them.
That is how it works in the U.S.

Share

mytruthhurtsyou
37 minutes ago

An economic collapse in your country does not give you a ticket to my
country. Lawlessness in your country does not negate the laws of my
country. If your country is failing, fix it; do not assume you can
illegally enter mine and ultimately destroy it as well.

Share

AmericaMoreImportant
19 minutes ago

Facts...that's what I say go fix your own country instead of coming here
and making it the same countries you are fleeing...YOU ARE NOT WELCOME

Share

KCJailer
18 minutes ago

Or feel free to get in line behind those who actually followed the rules
and applied instead of just invading.

Share

dimmindlesssheep
14 minutes ago

exactly

Share

exposethedems
51 seconds ago

Why didn't anyone else think of that? Just ask them to stop coming into
the country. BUILD THE WALL!!!!!

Share

stretch777
1 hour ago

“We don't want people to think they will be employed."

They get free food, housing, medical care, clothing and a free phone.
Why would they worry about a job.

Share

fightingirish873
43 minutes ago

My thoughts exactly - why worry about a job when the American taxpayers
will support you!!

Share

AmericaMoreImportant
18 minutes ago

They are employee are you nuts...they are paid under the table all over
the US helping Roofers, Farmers, and any kind of labor for Construction

Share

areyouforeal472
16 minutes ago

And bragging about it.

Share

musicmann23
52 minutes ago

My grandparents came over about 1918 to NYC. Work visas for both.
Grandfather was a skilled stone mason and built bridges in DC area.
Worked till he was 72 years old. Our grandmother was a Butcher. Saw
photos of her with cutting knife and dirty apron. They did it the legal
way. Came through E...

See more

Share

jamvee1942
48 minutes ago

Both sides of my family immigrated, the legal way, during the mid to
late 1800s!