Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 20:16:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: "Some_disabled_people_have_even_decided_to_end_their
_lives_because_their_healthcare_expenses_grew_too_costly...B
ut_I’m_still_in_favor_of_right-to-die_rules_that_offer_end
-of-life_options_to_more_than_just_terminally_ill_patients._
..."
From: ggggg9...@gmail.com (gggg gggg)
 by: gggg gggg - Tue, 1 Nov 2022 03:16 UTC

Concerning assisted dying, according to this:

- Some disabled people have even decided to end their lives because their healthcare expenses grew too costly...But I’m still in favor of right-to-die rules that offer end-of-life options to more than just terminally ill patients. I’ve felt that way ever since I watched my grandmother waste away slowly with Alzheimer’s over many years. She had told us often that she wanted to end her life before she became unable to read, speak, feed herself or dress herself. Yet for almost a decade she lay in a nursing home bed in just that condition, and there was nothing we could do to help her despite knowing her long-standing, unwavering preference.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2022-09-19/aid-in-dying-assisted-suicide

interests / misc.consumers.frugal-living / "Some disabled people have even decided to end their lives because their healthcare expenses grew too costly...But I’m still in favor of right-to-die rules that offer end-of-life options to more than just terminally ill patients. ..."