Nothing cures insomnia like the realization that it's time to get up.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: Shop Light

SubjectAuthor
* Shop LightDean Hoffman
+- Shop LightRod Speed
`* Shop LightBob F
 +* Shop LightBlocko
 |+* Shop LightEd Pawlowski
 ||+* Shop LightBlocko
 |||+* Shop LightEd Pawlowski
 |||`* Shop LightBob F
 ||| `- Shop LightBlocko
 ||+* Shop Lightgfretwell
 |||+- Shop LightEd Pawlowski
 |||+* Shop LightMarilyn Manson
 |||+* Shop LightJim Joyce
 |||`- Shop LightT is a pig ignorant fool
 ||`* Shop LightMarilyn Manson
 || `* Shop Lightgfretwell
 ||  `* Shop Lightlkpo
 ||   `- Shop LightMarilyn Manson
 |`* Shop LightMarilyn Manson
 | `* Shop Lightlkpo
 |  `- Shop LightMarilyn Manson
 `- Shop LightMark Lloyd

Pages:12
Re: Shop Light

<12vksgtvkho6n6ri3q74a3pjeb548gsdq7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17212&group=alt.home.repair#17212

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: Shop Light
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 18:55:32 -0800
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 02:55 UTC

On Mon, 27 Dec 2021 11:42:18 -0800 (PST), Marilyn Manson
>> Sit on the can too long and the lights go off?
>
>Dimmers in bathrooms are my style. Night lights work too.

We have rope light under the toe kicks and under a counter edge near
the toilet.

Re: Shop Light

<86vksglfj2t2flnrmn8299taogmjhr5m07@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17214&group=alt.home.repair#17214

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 19:00:34 -0800
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 03:00 UTC

On Mon, 27 Dec 2021 14:57:10 -0600, Jim Joyce <none@none.invalid>
wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Dec 2021 13:27:43 -0800, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 26 Dec 2021 21:41:41 -0500, Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:
>>
>>>I do use Alexa for a couple of lights, including one in the bedroom.
>>>You can set a timer as well as voice to over ride it.
>>
>>A lot depends if you have a motion sensor or an occupancy sensor. They
>>usually use the same trigger but an occupancy sensor times out after
>>the last motion it say and the commonly used motion sensors (Zenith
>>Heath etc)start the clock with the first motion and time out after
>>that, not being retriggered until it sees another motion after the
>>time out. I have over 20 around my house, inside and out with a mix
>>of those two types. There is no problem in the bathroom as long as you
>>turn a page on the paper you are reading or something if you use the
>>OS, not MS type. I don't have them in our bedroom and the one in the
>>guest room is switchable. I like the lights coming on wherever I go
>>and turning off when I leave.
>
>I'm still capable of flipping a switch as I enter/leave a room, but I
>understand that you're older than me so I know what I might have to look
>forward to one day. Old age ain't for sissies, I guess.

My adoption of motion light was not an old age thing, quite the
opposite. Our daughter (6) didn't understand "off" and she left a
trail of light everywhere she went. She and her Mom were using the
fridge as a night light and someone forgot to close it a few times.
That was my first motion light. It grew from there. That was 36 years
ago. Now I am frustrated when I go somewhere and the lights don't come
on when I walk in.

Re: Shop Light

<ece92bb9-5984-4aad-b6da-decf29b45fd6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17216&group=alt.home.repair#17216

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 16:05:48 -0800 (PST)
From: deanh6...@gmail.com (Dean Hoffman)
 by: Dean Hoffman - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 00:05 UTC

On Monday, December 27, 2021 at 6:00:57 PM UTC-6, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Dec 2021 14:57:10 -0600, Jim Joyce <no...@none.invalid>
> wrote:

> >>A lot depends if you have a motion sensor or an occupancy sensor. They
> >>usually use the same trigger but an occupancy sensor times out after
> >>the last motion it say and the commonly used motion sensors (Zenith
> >>Heath etc)start the clock with the first motion and time out after
> >>that, not being retriggered until it sees another motion after the
> >>time out. I have over 20 around my house, inside and out with a mix
> >>of those two types. There is no problem in the bathroom as long as you
> >>turn a page on the paper you are reading or something if you use the
> >>OS, not MS type. I don't have them in our bedroom and the one in the
> >>guest room is switchable. I like the lights coming on wherever I go
> >>and turning off when I leave.
> >
> >I'm still capable of flipping a switch as I enter/leave a room, but I
> >understand that you're older than me so I know what I might have to look
> >forward to one day. Old age ain't for sissies, I guess.
> My adoption of motion light was not an old age thing, quite the
> opposite. Our daughter (6) didn't understand "off" and she left a
> trail of light everywhere she went. She and her Mom were using the
> fridge as a night light and someone forgot to close it a few times.
> That was my first motion light. It grew from there. That was 36 years
> ago. Now I am frustrated when I go somewhere and the lights don't come
> on when I walk in.

I still hear my dad. "Turn that damn light off" after more than half a century.

Re: Shop Light

<3fd6eb82-b8a5-48e9-a62b-7aa19bf8ad84n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17221&group=alt.home.repair#17221

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 16:25:44 -0800 (PST)
From: comawhit...@gmail.com (Marilyn Manson)
 by: Marilyn Manson - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 00:25 UTC

On Monday, December 27, 2021 at 6:53:42 PM UTC-5, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Dec 2021 11:33:36 -0800 (PST), Marilyn Manson
> <comawhit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> A lot depends if you have a motion sensor or an occupancy sensor. They
> >> usually use the same trigger but an occupancy sensor times out after
> >> the last motion it say and the commonly used motion sensors (Zenith
> >> Heath etc)start the clock with the first motion and time out after
> >> that, not being retriggered until it sees another motion after the
> >> time out. I have over 20 around my house, inside and out with a mix
> >> of those two types. There is no problem in the bathroom as long as you
> >> turn a page on the paper you are reading or something if you use the
> >> OS, not MS type.
> >
> >I stayed at a hotel a few weeks ago and used the bathroom outside
> >the pool area. Damn timer was set for something like 20 seconds. It's
> >easy stay still for 20 seconds in the bathroom. What a PITA. (the light)
> >
> That was a motion detector not an occupancy sensor or it was poorly
> sited

It could have been a motion sensor that was poorly configured. I've installed many
motion sensors, interior and exterior, all that have timers. Typically something like
2 minutes, 4 minutes, 10 minutes.

The only time I've seen motion sensors act like the one in that bathroom is when
they are in test mode, typically used at install so that they can be aimed even in
full daylight.

I doubt it was a poorly sited (sic) occupancy sensor because it didn't matter where
in the bathroom you were. 20 (maybe 30) seconds after coming on, it turned off.

> >> I don't have them in our bedroom and the one in the
> >> guest room is switchable. I like the lights coming on wherever I go
> >> and turning off when I leave.
> >
> >I hate bright lights at night, SWMBO hates all-things-automation (more or less).
> >
> >Three way bulbs in most floor lamps and dimmers in every bedroom & bathroom
> >suits our lifestyle.
> With the exception of one flood in the back yard all of our motion
> activated lights are just enough to see your way around with. We like
> soft light too, usually indirect lighting. I have task lighting where
> I need it.

Re: Shop Light

<0503ad51-3b06-4eff-aac0-2309b9fe0c98n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17222&group=alt.home.repair#17222

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 16:26:50 -0800 (PST)
From: comawhit...@gmail.com (Marilyn Manson)
 by: Marilyn Manson - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 00:26 UTC

On Monday, December 27, 2021 at 7:05:51 PM UTC-5, dean...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, December 27, 2021 at 6:00:57 PM UTC-6, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
> > On Mon, 27 Dec 2021 14:57:10 -0600, Jim Joyce <no...@none.invalid>
> > wrote:

> > >I'm still capable of flipping a switch as I enter/leave a room, but I
> > >understand that you're older than me so I know what I might have to look
> > >forward to one day. Old age ain't for sissies, I guess.
> > My adoption of motion light was not an old age thing, quite the
> > opposite. Our daughter (6) didn't understand "off" and she left a
> > trail of light everywhere she went. She and her Mom were using the
> > fridge as a night light and someone forgot to close it a few times.
> > That was my first motion light. It grew from there. That was 36 years
> > ago. Now I am frustrated when I go somewhere and the lights don't come
> > on when I walk in.
> I still hear my dad. "Turn that damn light off" after more than half a century.

You had lights? ;-)

Re: Shop Light

<a57e494c-bc40-40b8-b16f-9239fb749fb6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17223&group=alt.home.repair#17223

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 16:35:36 -0800 (PST)
From: timothy4...@gmail.com (TimR)
 by: TimR - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 00:35 UTC

When we lived in Europe most common area lights were on motion detectors. Electricity was about 30 cents a kWhr.

Where i worked until recently a very large number of the buildings had motion detector lights. In most buildings they save energy; in a large admin building that got a security check every hour the whole building would light up so probably not.

The electricians hated them because they made trouble shooting so hard. Is it the bulb, the switch, the ballast, the breaker, oh wait, there's a motion detector tied to the breaker, etc. And we got some unreliable batches of motion sensors that resulted in a lot of them being jumped out.

Re: Shop Light

<j2vbgpF2tcgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17237&group=alt.home.repair#17237

From: lkp...@coldmail.com (lkpo)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 13:36:05 +1100
 by: lkpo - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 02:36 UTC

Marilyn Manson <comawhiteknuckles@gmail.com> wrote
> lkpo wrote
>> Jim Joyce <no...@none.invalid> wrote

>> > I'm still capable of flipping a switch as I enter/leave a room,

>> I am too, but have enough of a clue to find it more
>> convenient to have that happen automatically.

> "Convenience" isn't the only thing to consider. For my garage door
> opener, I like the "convenience" of the light coming on automatically.
> The same for the walkways around my house and in my shed.

> However, I also have 3 sets of switched lights in the garage which
> are used - individually or in groups - depending on what I am doing.

Sure, but some of that can be done with more than one
motion sensor and what cant with a voice assistant.

> For my bathroom, bedroom, hallways, etc., I only want
> the lights to come on when I want them to be on.

Rather silly having to always use switches all the time in that situation.

> Sometimes I want the bathroom light on full.

I realise that you only sometimes need to rebuild your makeup from scratch.

> Sometimes the nightlight casts enough light for me to do what I need
> to do. Dimmers provide a multitude of levels in between on and off.

With the best systems like the Philips Hue system, most of that
can be programmed if the different levels are required have a
pattern in them like dimmer when watching TV etc. And even
with the ones that aren't that predictable, it makes more sense
to have the lights done automatically with a separate override
for the less common configs, done with alexa or google voice
assistants rather than a physical switch you have to get up and
go to to change the lights.

> Sometimes I just want a little light in
> the bedrooms, sometimes I want a lot.

Yeah, I realise that again sometimes your
makeup needs a complete rebuild from
scratch after yet another illegal drug binge
and that bad hangovers and your migraines
are a hell of a problem for you at times.

> Dimmers conveniently provide that option.

But again, it makes much more sense to use a decent
system which allows for some configured scenes which
you tell the voice assistant to use when you need that
config than to fart around with physical dimmers and
switches all the time any light needs to be changed.

> Feel free to automate your lighting to your heart's content.

I am.

> For some of us the convenience" you seem to be pushing

I'm not pushing anything, troll boy.

> doesn't fit our lifestyle.

See above.

> For the little bit of "work" it takes to turn a light on or
> adjust a dimmer, I get exactly what I want, when I want it.

Stupid to do that all the time, much better to only
do that when you are doing something unusual.

Re: Shop Light

<j2vdraF39deU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17246&group=alt.home.repair#17246

From: lkp...@coldmail.com (lkpo)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 14:15:50 +1100
 by: lkpo - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 03:15 UTC

<gfretwell@aol.com> wrote
> On Mon, 27 Dec 2021 11:42:18 -0800 (PST), Marilyn Manson
>>> Sit on the can too long and the lights go off?
>>
>>Dimmers in bathrooms are my style. Night lights work too.
>>
> We have rope light under the toe kicks and under a counter edge near
> the toilet.

Because you two are so obscenely ugly that the last thing you need
is to see yourselves with no pants on. Could die laughing in your case.

Re: Shop Light

<9b162f3e-8b4a-4ccb-8c6d-917e5939dfa0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17249&group=alt.home.repair#17249

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 19:27:24 -0800 (PST)
From: comawhit...@gmail.com (Marilyn Manson)
 by: Marilyn Manson - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 03:27 UTC

On Monday, December 27, 2021 at 9:36:15 PM UTC-5, lkpo wrote:
> Marilyn Manson <comawhit...@gmail.com> wrote
> > lkpo wrote
> >> Jim Joyce <no...@none.invalid> wrote

> >> I am too, but have enough of a clue to find it more
> >> convenient to have that happen automatically.
>
> > "Convenience" isn't the only thing to consider. For my garage door
> > opener, I like the "convenience" of the light coming on automatically.
> > The same for the walkways around my house and in my shed.
>
> > However, I also have 3 sets of switched lights in the garage which
> > are used - individually or in groups - depending on what I am doing.
> Sure, but some of that can be done with more than one
> motion sensor and what cant with a voice assistant.

You have no idea what my garage looks like nor do you know how I use it.
As usual, you're spewing bullshit about that which you have no knowledge.

> > For my bathroom, bedroom, hallways, etc., I only want
> > the lights to come on when I want them to be on.
> Rather silly having to always use switches all the time in that situation.

Bullshit.

> > Sometimes I want the bathroom light on full.
> I realise that you only sometimes need to rebuild your makeup from scratch.

lkpo's Posting Rule #1: "When my own argument is so stupid that I even I realize
it, say something really asinine in an attempt to divert."

> > Sometimes the nightlight casts enough light for me to do what I need
> > to do. Dimmers provide a multitude of levels in between on and off.
> With the best systems like the Philips Hue system, most of that
> can be programmed if the different levels are required have a
> pattern in them like dimmer when watching TV etc. And even
> with the ones that aren't that predictable, it makes more sense
> to have the lights done automatically with a separate override
> for the less common configs, done with alexa or google voice
> assistants rather than a physical switch you have to get up and
> go to to change the lights.

I'm already up, idiot. I don't need to talk to my lights while I'm on my
way to take a leak.

> > Sometimes I just want a little light in
> > the bedrooms, sometimes I want a lot.
> Yeah, I realise that again sometimes your
> makeup needs a complete rebuild from
> scratch after yet another illegal drug binge
> and that bad hangovers and your migraines
> are a hell of a problem for you at times.

lkpo's Posting Rule #2: "When I think I've said something so clever
that I've peed myself while giggling, expand on it. Say the same thing
again, but add something to make sure I sound even more like an idiot.

> > Dimmers conveniently provide that option.
> But again, it makes much more sense to use a decent
> system which allows for some configured scenes which
> you tell the voice assistant to use when you need that
> config than to fart around with physical dimmers and
> switches all the time any light needs to be changed.

Your use of exaggeration is noted. Do you sell Pocket Hoses
for a living?

> > Feel free to automate your lighting to your heart's content.
> I am.
> > For some of us the convenience" you seem to be pushing
> I'm not pushing anything, troll boy.

Bullshit.

> > doesn't fit our lifestyle.
> See above.
> > For the little bit of "work" it takes to turn a light on or
> > adjust a dimmer, I get exactly what I want, when I want it.
> Stupid to do that all the time, much better to only
> do that when you are doing something unusual.

"Unusual" is when you make a comment worth considering.

Re: Shop Light

<6ae31e19-c1e3-4100-a511-84ee958e8c93n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17250&group=alt.home.repair#17250

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 19:30:34 -0800 (PST)
From: comawhit...@gmail.com (Marilyn Manson)
 by: Marilyn Manson - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 03:30 UTC

On Monday, December 27, 2021 at 10:16:01 PM UTC-5, lkpo wrote:
> <gfre...@aol.com> wrote
> > On Mon, 27 Dec 2021 11:42:18 -0800 (PST), Marilyn Manson
> >>
> >>Dimmers in bathrooms are my style. Night lights work too.
> >>
> > We have rope light under the toe kicks and under a counter edge near
> > the toilet.
> Because you two are so obscenely ugly that the last thing you need
> is to see yourselves with no pants on. Could die laughing in your case.

Oh, good. Now we're being subjected to grade school humor. Wonderful.

Re: Shop Light

<sublsgdvdd82oejkv80keu0oecrbk511vg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17253&group=alt.home.repair#17253

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 22:36:37 -0800
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 06:36 UTC

On Mon, 27 Dec 2021 16:05:48 -0800 (PST), Dean Hoffman
<deanh6929@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, December 27, 2021 at 6:00:57 PM UTC-6, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
>> On Mon, 27 Dec 2021 14:57:10 -0600, Jim Joyce <no...@none.invalid>
>> wrote:

>> >I'm still capable of flipping a switch as I enter/leave a room, but I
>> >understand that you're older than me so I know what I might have to look
>> >forward to one day. Old age ain't for sissies, I guess.
>> My adoption of motion light was not an old age thing, quite the
>> opposite. Our daughter (6) didn't understand "off" and she left a
>> trail of light everywhere she went. She and her Mom were using the
>> fridge as a night light and someone forgot to close it a few times.
>> That was my first motion light. It grew from there. That was 36 years
>> ago. Now I am frustrated when I go somewhere and the lights don't come
>> on when I walk in.
>
> I still hear my dad. "Turn that damn light off" after more than half a century.

These days with the LEDs I am not sure that is all that important but
I still like the lights coming on as I walk around at night. It also
makes it a little tougher for a burglar. I can see them, they can't
see me. (no motion lights in the bedroom)

Re: Shop Light

<j2vh8sF3saiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17262&group=alt.home.repair#17262

From: lkp...@coldmail.com (lkpo)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 15:14:16 +1100
References: <0383cc82-ae07-40d0-937b-c4665d7bc61cn@googlegroups.com> <sqb385$77v$1@dont-email.me> <j2siodFh80cU1@mid.individual.net> <GJ9yJ.121653$lz3.63143@fx34.iad> <gdbksgpt796tr7ig32s18f6gds4h0v0air@4ax.com> <70aksglu2q9gc53g3sqm9jbdrinc5fk9kl@4ax.com> <j2uvjmFq8dU1@mid.individual.net> <3e3e0667-0d1f-422f-b1be-da910b0155e9n@googlegroups.com> <j2vbgpF2tcgU1@mid.individual.net> <9b162f3e-8b4a-4ccb-8c6d-917e5939dfa0n@googlegroups.com>
 by: lkpo - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 04:14 UTC

Marilyn Manson <comawhiteknuckles@gmail.com> wrote
> lkpo wrote
>> Marilyn Manson <comawhit...@gmail.com> wrote
>> > lkpo wrote

>> > "Convenience" isn't the only thing to consider. For my garage door
>> > opener, I like the "convenience" of the light coming on automatically.
>> > The same for the walkways around my house and in my shed.
>>
>> > However, I also have 3 sets of switched lights in the garage which
>> > are used - individually or in groups - depending on what I am doing.

>> Sure, but some of that can be done with more than one
>> motion sensor and what cant with a voice assistant.

> You have no idea what my garage looks like nor do you know how I use it.

Don’t need to know either, I said SOME for a reason, fuckwit.

And what is or is not sensible in your garage is
irrelevant to what makes sense in the house.

<reams of your trollshit flushed where it belongs>

Re: Shop Light

<d3eba2c6-b25f-491c-8507-30eb9b727ba7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17266&group=alt.home.repair#17266

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 20:35:54 -0800 (PST)
From: comawhit...@gmail.com (Marilyn Manson)
 by: Marilyn Manson - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 04:35 UTC

On Monday, December 27, 2021 at 11:14:27 PM UTC-5, lkpo wrote:
> Marilyn Manson <comawhit...@gmail.com> wrote
> > lkpo wrote
> >> Marilyn Manson <comawhit...@gmail.com> wrote

> >> Sure, but some of that can be done with more than one
> >> motion sensor and what cant with a voice assistant.
>
> > You have no idea what my garage looks like nor do you know how I use it..
> Don’t need to know either, I said SOME for a reason, fuckwit.
>
> And what is or is not sensible in your garage is
> irrelevant to what makes sense in the house.

See, there you go again, spewing shit that you know nothing about.

There are things in my garage that have direct connection to, and
relationship with, things in my house. My garage is essentially an
extension of my house, so here's another case of you not having a
clue.

It's almost unbelievable how fucking stupid you are. What makes it
believable is that you keep proving it.

> <reams of your trollshit flushed where it belongs>

Yep...your standard MO. When you can't fight back, you delete.

How often did you get your ass kicked in high school, assuming you
actually went to school? You probably stayed home just to keep the
ass kickings to a minimum.

Go away. Your crap is getting tiresome. You barely put up a decent
fight anymore.

Re: Shop Light

<j2vklhF4evaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17267&group=alt.home.repair#17267

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 16:12:13 +1100
References: <0383cc82-ae07-40d0-937b-c4665d7bc61cn@googlegroups.com> <sqb385$77v$1@dont-email.me> <j2siodFh80cU1@mid.individual.net> <GJ9yJ.121653$lz3.63143@fx34.iad> <gdbksgpt796tr7ig32s18f6gds4h0v0air@4ax.com> <70aksglu2q9gc53g3sqm9jbdrinc5fk9kl@4ax.com> <j2uvjmFq8dU1@mid.individual.net> <3e3e0667-0d1f-422f-b1be-da910b0155e9n@googlegroups.com> <j2vbgpF2tcgU1@mid.individual.net> <9b162f3e-8b4a-4ccb-8c6d-917e5939dfa0n@googlegroups.com> <j2vh8sF3saiU1@mid.individual.net> <d3eba2c6-b25f-491c-8507-30eb9b727ba7n@googlegroups.com>
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 05:12 UTC

Marilyn Manson <comawhiteknuckles@gmail.com> wrote
just the trollshit that is always spewing from the back of it.

Re: Shop Light

<nIIyJ.111941$OB3.23574@fx06.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17317&group=alt.home.repair#17317

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: not.em...@all.invalid (Mark Lloyd)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 12:29:35 -0600
 by: Mark Lloyd - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 18:29 UTC

On 12/26/21 19:00, Bob F wrote:

[snip]

I have one of those and like it. It replaces a regular switch (although
it does take a larger box) and has 7 buttons. On for 5, 10, or 30
minutes or 1, 2, or 4 hours. The seventh button keeps it on.

> A timer light switch. I like the old fashioned twist for the time you
> want ones, which then turns off when the time runs out. They are not
> cheap, but very easy to use for anyone.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"If a man would follow, today, the teachings of the Old Testament, he
would be a criminal. If he would follow strictly the teachings of the
New, he would be insane." -- Robert G. Ingersoll

Re: Shop Light

<FCJyJ.47560$bn2.22287@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17332&group=alt.home.repair#17332

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: not.em...@all.invalid (Mark Lloyd)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 13:31:49 -0600
 by: Mark Lloyd - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 19:31 UTC

On 12/27/21 18:05, Dean Hoffman wrote:

> I still hear my dad. "Turn that damn light off" after more than half a century.

and I hear my mother yelling "FLUSH IT!!!!".

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"If a man would follow, today, the teachings of the Old Testament, he
would be a criminal. If he would follow strictly the teachings of the
New, he would be insane." -- Robert G. Ingersoll

Re: Shop Light

<t1KyJ.159907$VS2.153723@fx44.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17339&group=alt.home.repair#17339

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: not.em...@all.invalid (Mark Lloyd)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 14:00:24 -0600
 by: Mark Lloyd - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 20:00 UTC

On 12/27/21 21:27, Marilyn Manson wrote:

[snip]

> I'm already up, idiot. I don't need to talk to my lights while I'm on my
> way to take a leak.

Talking is something I should not do during the night. it makes it
harder to get back to sleep. I've never had the problem of "middle
insomnia" and don't want to start. Pushing a button (for light) is much
less of a disturbance than ASKING for light.

I suppose if I wanted to automate it, I could put a mat switch on the
floor where my feet touch when I get up (and hope the cat doesn't use it
as a launch pad).

[snip]

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"If a man would follow, today, the teachings of the Old Testament, he
would be a criminal. If he would follow strictly the teachings of the
New, he would be insane." -- Robert G. Ingersoll

Re: Shop Light

<sgKyJ.47562$bn2.7025@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17341&group=alt.home.repair#17341

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: not.em...@all.invalid (Mark Lloyd)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 14:16:21 -0600
 by: Mark Lloyd - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 20:16 UTC

On 12/28/21 00:36, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:

[snip]

> These days with the LEDs I am not sure that is all that important but
> I still like the lights coming on as I walk around at night. It also
> makes it a little tougher for a burglar. I can see them, they can't
> see me. (no motion lights in the bedroom)

I have a LED nightlight in the bathroom (and Lilly's lights* in the
hall) but never in the bedroom. I want it to be dark in there.

BTW, the LED nightlight is multicolor. It comes on write but pressing a
button changes the color. I like green, which provides another benefit.
I can thee if power has gone out recently, since when it comes back on
it has "forgotten" what color to be and comes on white.

* named after a little cat that often slept there.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"If a man would follow, today, the teachings of the Old Testament, he
would be a criminal. If he would follow strictly the teachings of the
New, he would be insane." -- Robert G. Ingersoll

Re: Shop Light

<edd109b6-0999-4b14-8752-3ab410f0e13cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17343&group=alt.home.repair#17343

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 12:37:56 -0800 (PST)
From: comawhit...@gmail.com (Marilyn Manson)
 by: Marilyn Manson - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 20:37 UTC

On Tuesday, December 28, 2021 at 3:16:29 PM UTC-5, Mark Lloyd wrote:
> On 12/28/21 00:36, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > These days with the LEDs I am not sure that is all that important but
> > I still like the lights coming on as I walk around at night. It also
> > makes it a little tougher for a burglar. I can see them, they can't
> > see me. (no motion lights in the bedroom)
> I have a LED nightlight in the bathroom (and Lilly's lights* in the
> hall) but never in the bedroom. I want it to be dark in there.
>
> BTW, the LED nightlight is multicolor. It comes on write but pressing a
> button changes the color. I like green, which provides another benefit.
> I can thee if power has gone out recently, since when it comes back on
> it has "forgotten" what color to be and comes on white.
>
> * named after a little cat that often slept there.

We have a multicolor LED nightlight in a hallway. It fades in and out,
cycling through 4 different colors every 3 minutes or so. SWMBO
likes it so I let it be.

The flashing clocks on the range and night stand clue me in to
power outages. ;-)

I have some puck lights that I installed in a display nook probably 30
years ago. I think they are halogen. They have a touch pad which
cycles through 3 levels of light then off. Whenever the power comes
back on, the lights glow at the lowest setting. Unfortunately, the nook
is in a guest bedroom, out of view of the door, so it's no good as a
post-power-outage indicator. On more than a few occasions, those
lights have glowed for several days before we noticed that they were
on. ;-)

Re: Shop Light

<j31tb2Fhot4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17398&group=alt.home.repair#17398

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 18:52:41 -0700
<sqb385$77v$1@dont-email.me> <j2siodFh80cU1@mid.individual.net>
<GJ9yJ.121653$lz3.63143@fx34.iad>
<gdbksgpt796tr7ig32s18f6gds4h0v0air@4ax.com>
<70aksglu2q9gc53g3sqm9jbdrinc5fk9kl@4ax.com>
<j2uvjmFq8dU1@mid.individual.net>
<3e3e0667-0d1f-422f-b1be-da910b0155e9n@googlegroups.com>
<j2vbgpF2tcgU1@mid.individual.net>
<9b162f3e-8b4a-4ccb-8c6d-917e5939dfa0n@googlegroups.com>
<t1KyJ.159907$VS2.153723@fx44.iad>
 by: rbowman - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 01:52 UTC

On 12/28/2021 01:00 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
> On 12/27/21 21:27, Marilyn Manson wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> I'm already up, idiot. I don't need to talk to my lights while I'm on my
>> way to take a leak.
>
> Talking is something I should not do during the night. it makes it
> harder to get back to sleep. I've never had the problem of "middle
> insomnia" and don't want to start. Pushing a button (for light) is much
> less of a disturbance than ASKING for light.
>
> I suppose if I wanted to automate it, I could put a mat switch on the
> floor where my feet touch when I get up (and hope the cat doesn't use it
> as a launch pad).

Ah, yes, the cat... Usually if he is in at night he sleeps on the bed
near my feet but sometimes he wants a change of pace. Nothing like
stepping on a large black cat sprawled on the floor between me an the
bathroom.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: Shop Light