From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Saltiest Fast Food Orders
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 04:17:44 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 11:17 UTC

https://www.eatthis.com/saltiest-fast-food-orders/

If you like the added flavor salt brings to a Big Mac patty, you may
sometimes wonder, "What can I order that has even MORE salt?"

Here is a list of some of the saltiest fast food items.

By the way, Americans eat on average about 3,400 mg of sodium per day.
However, the Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends adults limit
sodium intake to less than 2,300 mg per day—that's equal to about 1
teaspoon of table salt! For children under age 14, recommended limits
are even lower.

The Saltiest Fast-Food Item is…the Pizza Hut Buffalo Chicken Melt
SODIUM: 3,820 mg

Dairy Queen Honey BBQ Sauced & Toasted Chicken Strip Basket
SODIUM: 3,570 mg

Raising Cane's The Caniac Combo
SODIUM: 3,160 mg

Arby's Classic French Dip & Swiss
SODIUM: 2,540 mg

Arby's Half Pound Beef 'N Cheddar
SODIUM: 2,530 mg

Arby's Roast Turkey Ranch & Bacon Sandwich
SODIUM: 2,520 mg

Burger King Bacon King
SODIUM: 2,405 mg

Dairy Queen Country Platter With Ham
SODIUM: 2,350 mg

Dairy Queen Triple Backyard Bacon Ranch Signature Stackburgers
SODIUM: 2,310 mg

All of the above items have more than 1 teaspoon of salt

Burger King Double Sausage, Egg, & Cheese Croissan'wich
SODIUM: 2,196 mg

Subway The Beast Sub
Sodium: 2,080 mg

Wendy's Loaded Nacho Chicken Combo
SODIUM: 2,070 mg

McDonald's Big Breakfast with Hotcakes
SODIUM: 2,070 mg

Burger King Egg-Normous Burrito
SODIUM: 2,055 mg

Chick-fil-A Chicken, Egg & Cheese Biscuit
SODIUM: 1,870 mg

Wendy's Big Bacon Classic Triple Burger
SODIUM: 1,850 mg

Raising Cane's The Sandwich Combo
SODIUM: 1,700 mg

Culver's Triple Bacon Deluxe
SODIUM: 1,700 mg

Just for comparison, a Big Mac all by itself has 1050mg of sodium,
while a McDonald's Big Mac Combo Meal ups sodium intake to 1,365 mg.

Re: Saltiest Fast Food Orders

<ov2k2jp38hkt1ejrkcrntvjbvst9103n0l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17347&group=alt.food.fast-food#17347

From: kw1...@kw.kw (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Re: Saltiest Fast Food Orders
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 00:54:18 -0700
 by: KWills - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 07:54 UTC

On Wed, 24 Apr 2024 04:17:44 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

Various snips for brevity and of items for which I have no comment.

>https://www.eatthis.com/saltiest-fast-food-orders/
>
>If you like the added flavor salt brings to a Big Mac patty, you may
>sometimes wonder, "What can I order that has even MORE salt?"
>
>Here is a list of some of the saltiest fast food items.
>
>By the way, Americans eat on average about 3,400 mg of sodium per day.
>However, the Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends adults limit
>sodium intake to less than 2,300 mg per day—that's equal to about 1
>teaspoon of table salt! For children under age 14, recommended limits
>are even lower.
>
>The Saltiest Fast-Food Item is…the Pizza Hut Buffalo Chicken Melt
>SODIUM: 3,820 mg

From what I've been told, it doesn't even taste good.

[...]

>Arby's Classic French Dip & Swiss
>SODIUM: 2,540 mg

SNAP! I'm glad I was eating the French Dip when I was in my 20's
and 30's. My body could better handle the higher level of sodium back
then.

>Arby's Half Pound Beef 'N Cheddar
>SODIUM: 2,530 mg

I don't think I could eat a half pound, but I do get the regular
without a bun.

[...]

>All of the above items have more than 1 teaspoon of salt

Which cannot be very healthy.

[...]

>McDonald's Big Breakfast with Hotcakes
>SODIUM: 2,070 mg

In the early 90's, the hotcakes breakfast was a go to for me many
mornings.

[...]

>Wendy's Big Bacon Classic Triple Burger
>SODIUM: 1,850 mg

EEK! This is another one I'll get sans bun. I get cheese with it,
but nothing else. I don't know how much, if any, difference this
makes.

[...]

>Just for comparison, a Big Mac all by itself has 1050mg of sodium,
>while a McDonald's Big Mac Combo Meal ups sodium intake to 1,365 mg.

But, as we learned from Jenny, there is no salt (or pepper) on a
Big Mac. :)

--
'Veni, Vidi, Velcro'
I came, I saw, I stuck around.