You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist. -- Indira Gandhi

interests / alt.dreams / 2022-09-06 Tuesday: "Why have I never seen this before?"

SubjectAuthor
* 2022-09-06 Tuesday: "Why have I never seen this before?"Richard Silk
`- 2022-09-09 Friday: Days without QEII = 1, KCIII=1Richard Silk

1
2022-09-06 Tuesday: "Why have I never seen this before?"

<4d4b82ea-8ea7-43db-b118-d3d2e07829a8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1705&group=alt.dreams#1705

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 12:30:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2022-09-06 Tuesday: "Why have I never seen this before?"
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Tue, 6 Sep 2022 19:30 UTC

I was having difficulty remembering a dream sequence that had occurred prior to waking around dawn. I knew the dreamer had been involved in some sequence of events, but the memory was all but totally evaporated, even as the clarity had only been around 3 or 4 (barely with color and images and communication.)

So I went back to sleep, thinking not much else would happen between dawn and breakfast, and figured I'd spend the time with some morning meditation before getting up for breakfast and coffee, but *what happened* was rather unexpected:

I must have fallen completely asleep, because when I awoke (likely before 10 AM?) I'd just had the *most vivid* dream— barely half a degree shy of "lucid," and *certainly* of clarity 9++! It was as clear compared with all the other dreams I can recall as a 55" flat screen high definition 1080p is to a 40" CRT UHF/VHF type (*OLD* school!) television set. It was *so clear* that the dreamer was wondering something to himself which I'll lay out in the description:

The dreamer was at a type of party (small group) of people, likely in their 30s or 40s, possibly with some outliers as well, but they "lost focus" to what else was going on—

The dreamer noticed a calendar-sized item pinned on a door jamb that may have been a magazine *or* in a calendar format (didn't study it *that* much) but it did appear to have *pages* to it. The displayed page had some type of pencil-sketch (more like a sepia-ink tone) using fine lines (like a .2 or .1 mm nib, rather than a softer, #2 pencil that has a wider, fuzzier line in appearance) and appeared to involve at least one guy (maybe a youth or teen?) as if in an outdoor scene (possibly with trees or maybe a home in the background.)

The dreamer might have taken a moment to "focus" on the graphic, but was instead drawn to the activity of the group, wherein a dark-haired guy (maybe 30s or 40s, full-sized frame, not fat, not skinny, not exactly a muscle jock, either, but likely a paper pusher of some sort, or a mathematician, philosopher, etc.— a "professional" type, and with a full head of hair, no thinning noticed, maybe like Tucker Carlson as a template) was holding a clear, plastic *cup* aloft in order to demonstrate a principle involving air currents (such as from a central heat & air vent up on the wall, near the ceiling, rather than down in the floor.)

The guy was standing with a few other adults in what looked like an open-view kitchen area (as if one could see through the wall, as if the kitchen were separated by an open serving zone to the living room) in order to show a neat trick involving what looked like egg-shaped ("ovoid") ping pong balls in a *large* cooking pot (only clear, rather than yellowish like "Visionware"®, more like a very large Pyrex® pot.) Just as a rough guesstimate, that pot was maybe 5 to 10 gallons in volume, maybe 2' in diameter at the base, 2½' at the top, and maybe 2'–2½' tall. A geometry mathlete could possibly render that into capacity, but hey, this was just a (rather vivid) dream, so to continue:

The guy would hold the clear cup (which looked like a party-sized beer cup of the same shape as the larger one that was possibly "on the stove," although what that larger pot may have actually been "on" was more "understood" than actually visible in the dream— I *suspect* the word for the cup shape is "tumbler"—) up in the air, in order to "catch" the air current (allegedly from the vent) and as this was done, the egg-like ping-pong balls would flow up in the air, gravitating toward the air stream, toward the cup, where they would begin to "backwash" along the air stream, rather than flow around the cup and fall to the ground.

The guy *may* have done this twice. I have a vague recollection that it was a *repeated* demonstration, as the amount of flow of the ping-pong balls to the cup seemed directly relevant to the directness of the cup's orientation to catching the air current.

It was as if the dreamer could *barely sense* the air flow itself.

This next bit is somewhat conjecture, as I have no *clear* recollection of it happening, but it seems like by lowering the cup out of the air current, the balls returned back into the pot, rather than falling to the ground.

I can recall the dreamer thinking to (him)self, "I never saw" (or: "I wonder why I've never seen") "this trick/demonstration before?"

In the dream / astral perspective, it was as if a master projectionist were holding a class with a few of his advanced students on how to draw souls out of their bodies (the eggs from the pot, thence back to the pot.)

In a scientific-developer's perspective, something like this *could* possibly occur using electronic (possibly ion) fields and various types of charges / intensities between the material of the balls, as well as the cup and the air current, not at all unlike how electricity flows from negative to positive (depending upon how one understands electricity. In the common view, electricity flows from + to -, but that's another [real world] discussion..)

When I awoke from this dream, I *think* I was still wondering "How did he *do* that?" and "Why haven't I seen this before?" / "THAT'S new!" The only thing that *kept* this from being a "lucid dream" is that the dreamer never realized "I'm dreaming" but in fact thought it was "real life."

2022-09-09 Friday: Days without QEII = 1, KCIII=1

<35b92ec1-279f-42b3-bef4-5c9d8aa3c1cbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1708&group=alt.dreams#1708

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 10:44:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2022-09-09 Friday: Days without QEII = 1, KCIII=1
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 17:44 UTC

While I've never been much of a "royalist" (perhaps because I'm an American / Tennessean) but while growing up, I kept wondering why there was never a King of England, and then started to notice things like QE's husband was a "Queen's Consort" and things like that, which never actually made much sense. Like, did he marry her *after* the birth of their children? Talk about having an emasculated father figure!

And what of Charles' 2nd wife? Does the 2nd runner up get to be the Queen? It all "swims in the face of" John 7:24.

So Queen E died yesterday, yet as that child growing up, it began to be "ingrained" in me that QE would *always* be Queen, even though I kept looking forward to their being a King.

I'd been thinking QE may have been holding out to pass the crown on to her grandson rather than her son, but such was not to be the case.

Either way, it puts the Anglican Church in a somewhat different light, having the Monarchy as the "head of the Church" rather than Jesus, which seems a shade anti-Christian, much like how Catholics follow a Pope who follows Peter. Protestants (some unknowingly) follow Martin Luther who follows Paul..

Meanwhile, Christians follow Jesus.

As to the dream from this morning, of which only one was memorable enough to stick around, there was a bird much like a falcon but with a peaceful sense to it, much like a larger dove. It *could* have actually been a seagull, but I'm unfamiliar with those types of birds (as I'm in a "landlocked state," even though I grew up water skiing in the lakes here) but as it wasn't flying away, the dreamer had this sense that if somehow a perch stance could be held, maybe the bird would come over and land.

There had been *some* thought (prior to taking that stance) that perhaps the bird was drone-like, being remotely controlled, and that if the dreamer followed the bird, he might find who was at the controls. This is what led to the scene of taking a stance. There *may* have been a kind of "subtext" to the scene, as if the bird *may* have been perched on a fence, like one of those 8' tall backyard privacy fences made of consecutive, vertical boards. But if that was the case, it was so relatively brief as to be nearly gone unnoticed, other than that the bird seemed to have been perched on *something.*

The dreamer looked at the bird for a moment, then thinking that perhaps birds might be wary of predatory eyes (eyes in front, rather than to the sides, like deer, rabbits, some birds, etc.) the dreamer looked away over the arm stretched out away from the bird. When the dreamer looked back to see if the bird was coming, it appeared to be flying towards another destination.

What that destination may have been is slightly unclear, but I have the impression of a young female with a station wagon-like vehicle with an open trunk (sort of like a lift-up hatch back on an SUV) to which the dreamer had the thought along the lines of [There's no way I'm competing against that] and the dream ended.

Please note that the dreamer had something of a 1st-person/2nd-person instance involving the blond male standing out in the field with arms outstretched, as if to invite the bird to land. The male was perhaps in his very late teens / early 20s, yet had the sense of knowing what he was about— purposeful, defined. What is unclear is whether or not the male was the dreamer, and seen as from a 3rd person omniscient perspective, or whether the male was being viewed as a 2nd person participant within the dream.

As far as any particular meaning that may be drawn from this (at the moment) a few things come to mind, that being, the writings of Richard Bach (author of "Jonathan Livingston Seagull") as well as how much of those writings "resonate" with Old Testament, Hebrew/Judeo concepts, along with *some* divergence from the teaching of Jesus.

Clarity 9 to 9+, although it did drop off quickly at the end.