From: toi...@tr.com (chotto matte kudasi)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: TSMC founder doubts US competence in chip-making
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 15:17:13 +0800
 by: chotto matte kudasi - Thu, 29 Apr 2021 07:17 UTC

On 26/4/2021 11:42 pm, ltlee1 wrote:
> ""At a forum hosted by Taiwanese media outlets, Chang hailed the workhorse mentality of the Taiwanese working class, as well as the island’s deep pool of high-caliber, industrious talent devoted to the chip sector.
>
> At the same time, Chang pointed to an apparent comparative lack of talent in America’s mostly moribund manufacturing sector.
>
> “The United States stood out for cheap land and electricity when TSMC looked for an overseas site but we had to try hard to scout out competent technicians and workers in Arizona because manufacturing jobs have not been popular among American people for decades,” Chang said, according to a transcript of his speech viewed by Asia Times.
>
> Chang also warned about sending Taiwanese managers overseas to run plants.
>
> “Computers of different brands can often be hooked together but not people of different culture,” he said, referring to the preponderance of Taiwanese and Taiwan-trained managers and technicians at TSMC.
>
> “The fact that TSMC’s top-flight executives can deliver top results in Taiwan is no guarantee of similar performance when they are posted overseas.” Only one Westerner sits on the company’s 26-member board.
>
> Taiwan’s state-of-the-art infrastructure helps to rev up TSMC’s operations and time-to-design and time-to-market capacities, he said.
>
> Chang said the island’s efficient and well-developed high-speed rail network and cobweb of expressways provided the vital “circuitry” for TSMC’s research and manufacturing between its headquarters in Hsinchu, near Taipei, and other plants across Taichung and Tainan.
>
> “It was a breeze for us to rotate technicians and staff among the three fabs across the island and when employees change over from one location to another, they even do not need to move their homes thanks to Taiwan’s bullet trains and highways and well-rounded transport and logistical support,” said Chang.
>
> “It’s unlikely we can replicate all these in Arizona.” "
>
> https://asiatimes.com/2021/04/tsmc-founder-doubts-us-competence-in-chip-making/
>
> America has the touch of King Midas. It, however, is short on talents, infrastructure, and culture.

Chang said China is 5 years behind. The gap is closing on their
competitive edge advantage.

China is not competing with TMSC as they will build their own
magnificent arrays of chips.

The top-notch chip will advantage over TMSC will offer friendly
countries with a competitive supply price.

Re: TSMC founder doubts US competence in chip-making

<s6ds7p$eo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1704&group=soc.culture.china#1704

From: ola...@liwe.com (olade)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 16:54:26 +0800
 by: olade - Thu, 29 Apr 2021 08:54 UTC

In US and EU, America would ensure they get the parts replaced or serviced.
Otherwise, the people will no be happy with them.

In US, the authorities can demand replacement. Users can also initiate
class-action on them.

In case in Asia, they would not care anything. Class action not possible on
them. The warranty is also in different ways, too.

Asian people are not them. Asian people cannot bully them. They can bully
Asians. They can belittle Asian as "slant eye" critters.

"chotto matte kudasi" wrote in message news:s6dmhe$r7d$1@dont-email.me...

On 26/4/2021 11:42 pm, ltlee1 wrote:
> ""At a forum hosted by Taiwanese media outlets, Chang hailed the workhorse
> mentality of the Taiwanese working class, as well as the island’s deep
> pool of high-caliber, industrious talent devoted to the chip sector.
>
> At the same time, Chang pointed to an apparent comparative lack of talent
> in America’s mostly moribund manufacturing sector.
>
> “The United States stood out for cheap land and electricity when TSMC
> looked for an overseas site but we had to try hard to scout out competent
> technicians and workers in Arizona because manufacturing jobs have not
> been popular among American people for decades,” Chang said, according to
> a transcript of his speech viewed by Asia Times.
>
> Chang also warned about sending Taiwanese managers overseas to run plants.
>
> “Computers of different brands can often be hooked together but not people
> of different culture,” he said, referring to the preponderance of
> Taiwanese and Taiwan-trained managers and technicians at TSMC.
>
> “The fact that TSMC’s top-flight executives can deliver top results in
> Taiwan is no guarantee of similar performance when they are posted
> overseas.” Only one Westerner sits on the company’s 26-member board.
>
> Taiwan’s state-of-the-art infrastructure helps to rev up TSMC’s operations
> and time-to-design and time-to-market capacities, he said.
>
> Chang said the island’s efficient and well-developed high-speed rail
> network and cobweb of expressways provided the vital “circuitry” for TSMC’s
> research and manufacturing between its headquarters in Hsinchu, near
> Taipei, and other plants across Taichung and Tainan.
>
> “It was a breeze for us to rotate technicians and staff among the three
> fabs across the island and when employees change over from one location to
> another, they even do not need to move their homes thanks to Taiwan’s
> bullet trains and highways and well-rounded transport and logistical
> support,” said Chang.
>
> “It’s unlikely we can replicate all these in Arizona.” "
>
> https://asiatimes.com/2021/04/tsmc-founder-doubts-us-competence-in-chip-making/
>
> America has the touch of King Midas. It, however, is short on talents,
> infrastructure, and culture.

Chang said China is 5 years behind. The gap is closing on their
competitive edge advantage.

China is not competing with TMSC as they will build their own
magnificent arrays of chips.

The top-notch chip will advantage over TMSC will offer friendly
countries with a competitive supply price.

Re: TSMC founder doubts US competence in chip-making

<-JedneNWD87k1BH9nZ2dnUU7-KHNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1724&group=soc.culture.china#1724

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,talk.politics.misc
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 13:16:24 -0500
 by: Byker - Fri, 30 Apr 2021 18:16 UTC

"chotto matte kudasi" wrote in message news:s6dmhe$r7d$1@dont-email.me...

That's "Matte Kudasai" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoAupjcnm1c

I take it you sleep in a chair as well...

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: TSMC founder doubts US competence in chip-making