Good-bye. I am leaving because I am bored. -- George Saunders' dying words

interests / alt.dreams / 2022/08/17 Wednesday (making some notes / one dream)

SubjectAuthor
* 2022/08/17 Wednesday (making some notes / one dream)Richard Silk
`- 2022/08/18 Thursday: Impressive Ex!Richard Silk

1
2022/08/17 Wednesday (making some notes / one dream)

<d85450c5-6320-49c7-ac10-7fbc5f6638a6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1691&group=alt.dreams#1691

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 09:47:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2022/08/17 Wednesday (making some notes / one dream)
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 16:47 UTC

Last Monday (8/15) Mom took a fall and snapped her arm bone. Not gonna make a big drama over it, but just wanted to note this as a type of personal entry / journal memo.

This morning (8/17) I had a rather curious dream experience directly before waking (around 6 AM? I'd fallen asleep on the couch, and got up around 4 AM to "get to bed," so I *think* this occurred prior to getting back up again at 6):

The dreamer (in this case, me, myself, and I) was enjoying a moment with my son Charles (possibly Logan? those two are VERY similar at a young age! — although I'm *fairly* certain this was Charles!) as in a scenario where he was just a tot, maybe 3 or 4? and being cuddly/snuggly, that father/son warmth of total happiness for no apparent reason. This lasted all of 2 or 3 seconds before I ("the dreamer") began to observe an internal question related to his age— then the dream ended. There was no scenic detail, other than just a close-in view of the young tot in my arms, possibly with a white background, but it wasn't actually "seen," or "observed," per se. Clarity ❤️.

I was, to some extent, "let down" a bit upon waking, even though I was thankful for the moment(s) just shared. I suppose one could say "let down" in the sense that, after cuddling with one's baby boy, sure, reality of the physical world is a bit of a "lesser plane of existence," so to speak.

2022/08/18 Thursday: Impressive Ex!

<50af511c-74ad-4789-b888-925492695f01n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1692&group=alt.dreams#1692

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 08:01:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2022/08/18 Thursday: Impressive Ex!
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 15:01 UTC

There were a few dreams that sorta blended into the background/evaporation upon waking, however, one segment remained relatively "solid" until I could get here to the keyboard, some 2½–3 hours later—

The dreamer had been accompanying a female as if "just along for the ride," so to speak, with no apparent personal motivations to speak of. Remember, this is from a "vague" dream to start with, down in the clarity 6 level, but what stood out was the view of a large safe (like larger in size than the external dimensions of the sci-fi prop, the TARDIS) roughly 6'x6'x8' (possibly smaller than the sci-fi prop, the "Pandorica") but with the distinct appearance of banker's vault black steel, and what possibly could've been a large combination dial in the front center, standing alone in the middle of an open floor, similar in size to a ballet studio (although it was only glimpsed in passing, rather than taking a close-up inspection.)

The idea that I (or possibly the dreamer) picked up on in the dream was that the female was there to make a withdrawal from her account. Only as the dreamer neared the female (again, this was as in an assistant capacity, not some lurker or jihad terrorist with malice aforethought) she remarked that, for whatever reason (again, clarity 6) she was unable (or the account may have been unavailable, etc.)

The dreamer replied something like: "That's OK, we can use my bank" as casually as if it were simply an ATM out of order.

There was a distinct sense of the dreamer's mind wanting to go get another look at that bank vault, but as the couple exited the direction from which they entered, the dream seems to have ended and the dreamer had the feeling that the vault was no longer in the middle of that room where it had been glimpsed earlier. The thought also ran through the dreamer's mind in what must have been a "real life" moment of cross-over thinking: "WHAT?" as in "What money / what bank?!"

Now as mentioned before, that dream seemed to have ended.

Before going into this next one, I'd like to mention a *brief* clip of a view of the dreamer's right hand, with something on what may have been the right index finger, as if a square piece of tape-like material (from a quarter inch to a third of an inch square, possibly 1/16" thick?) that had a translucent, bone-colored quality. The dreamer "flicked" the finger in order to get it off.

And I know, this was a *short* clip, but I have the impression that it may have been akin to "spiritual bone," as if had it been placed properly at the point of someone's fracture, that fracture might have healed, much like placing a band-aid over a skin laceration (cut.)

Moving on to this last scenario, the dreamer is actually holding open a door for what appears to be my 2nd ex-wife (Helen) entering a building (the idea of "dry cleaners" went through my mind, but the location looked a bit more like a Hardee's or McDonald's restaurant. What made the biggest impression in this dream is that Helen looked *fine!* as if slimmer, younger, and along with that "slimmer" was the "lighter" appearance as well.

FYI, IRL, "Helen" is the mother of my firstborn son, Charles. But I have no recollection of her *ever* looking as sleek and attractive as she appeared in that dream. The dreamer even said something to her along the lines of "You're looking *fine* today!" and giving her a thumbs-up. She'd said something in reply, which wasn't clear even at the time, but the dreamer basically repeated that line a second time (along with the thumbs-up.)

All I can say is, her physical appearance was as if a mix between her real life appearance and as if she had the body/genes of Gina. Ah well.... clarity 8+/9-.