Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 12:32:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2022/08/01_Monday_—_a_screw_bolt_coming_up_in_the_
floor....
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 19:32 UTC

There were a number of dreams last night / this morning, one involving a type of editing function, wherein the dreamer (very much like myself in real life) was editing written text for the purpose of clarification / focus.

I recall being able to accurately read the text, as it wasn’t moving or flowing or changing in any way, other than the editing being performed, however, whatever that written content was has completely evaporated. As an aside of sorts, I do most of my online text editing / focusing in the group “Discussing Jesus” (at https://DiscussingJesus.quora.com) so the “feel” of the text may have had something of a “religious” or possibly even Boolean (logical) flavor to it..

But the dream that seemed the most concerning was that of a screw (the size of a bolt, with perhaps a full ½” to 1” diameter) poking up (from the beneath) through the floor of what appeared to be a home of sorts. There was also a bolt of roughly the same size, but with a flat end, whereas the screw tip was like that of a self-tapping screw, sort of like an auger, pointed, sharp, dangerous.

The dreamer seemed less concerned about the flat-tipped bolt, as it was merely a trip hazard, but the sharp-tipped screw-like bolt presented a clear and present danger, such that if someone were to step on it, the result could be rather harmful, especially if barefooted or wearing thin-soled footwear.

There was a “sense” of a lot of viscous-like fluid *under* the floor, as if getting under it to remove the offending bolt may have presented a real problem, but the dreamer was in search of a saw blade sufficient to saw the bolt off, flush with the floor, so as to even out the floor’s surface.

Regardless, that’s where the dream ended, and although it seems fairly symbolic with an irritating issue in real life (regarding one of two possible causes, possibly both) the overall clarity was like an 8+, possibly 9-, as there has definitely been some evaporation between the dream and this posting.