From: nik...@nikita.com.sw (nikita)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: TSMC founder doubts US competence in chip-making
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 15:15:21 +0800
 by: nikita - Wed, 28 Apr 2021 07:15 UTC

Americans are not good at design of chips.

They used Chinese researchers and scientists to do for them. If one looks at
the number of them in the design of chips and logics, the Chinese is in
their majority of employ.

The white men only sit behind their desk trying their hands writing memos
and politicking against others.

In fact, a great majority of white Americans took other products and studied
their strengths and weakness and used their evaluations to improve their
product to market.

A good example is Seagate. Seagate has a "secret" place in Scott Valley
where they have all the disc drive products made by other brands and places
in other countries.

They opened them and tested them. They looked inside and then evaluated what
changes to be made to become their own product. They have been doing this
since 25 to 30 years ago.

In other words they copied them by reverse engineered them to be their own
without remorse except to blame other countries for intellectual property
theft of theirs instead.

"ltlee1" wrote in message

""At a forum hosted by Taiwanese media outlets, Chang hailed the workhorse
mentality of the Taiwanese working class, as well as the island’s deep pool
of high-caliber, industrious talent devoted to the chip sector.

At the same time, Chang pointed to an apparent comparative lack of talent in
America’s mostly moribund manufacturing sector.

“The United States stood out for cheap land and electricity when TSMC looked
for an overseas site but we had to try hard to scout out competent
technicians and workers in Arizona because manufacturing jobs have not been
popular among American people for decades,” Chang said, according to a
transcript of his speech viewed by Asia Times.

Chang also warned about sending Taiwanese managers overseas to run plants.

“Computers of different brands can often be hooked together but not people
of different culture,” he said, referring to the preponderance of Taiwanese
and Taiwan-trained managers and technicians at TSMC.

“The fact that TSMC’s top-flight executives can deliver top results in
Taiwan is no guarantee of similar performance when they are posted
overseas.” Only one Westerner sits on the company’s 26-member board.

Taiwan’s state-of-the-art infrastructure helps to rev up TSMC’s operations
and time-to-design and time-to-market capacities, he said.

Chang said the island’s efficient and well-developed high-speed rail network
and cobweb of expressways provided the vital “circuitry” for TSMC’s research
and manufacturing between its headquarters in Hsinchu, near Taipei, and
other plants across Taichung and Tainan.

“It was a breeze for us to rotate technicians and staff among the three fabs
across the island and when employees change over from one location to
another, they even do not need to move their homes thanks to Taiwan’s bullet
trains and highways and well-rounded transport and logistical support,” said
Chang.

“It’s unlikely we can replicate all these in Arizona.” "

https://asiatimes.com/2021/04/tsmc-founder-doubts-us-competence-in-chip-making/

America has the touch of King Midas. It, however, is short on talents,
infrastructure, and culture.

Re: TSMC founder doubts US competence in chip-making

<acddd699-5f54-4d96-b620-da759c012db0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1684&group=soc.culture.china#1684

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 04:45:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Wed, 28 Apr 2021 11:45 UTC

On Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 12:15:22 AM UTC-7, nikita wrote:
> Americans are not good at design of chips.

Ha ha ha ha!

> [...]
> and cobweb of expressways provided the vital “circuitry” for TSMC’s research
> and manufacturing between its headquarters in Hsinchu, near Taipei, and
> other plants across Taichung and Tainan.
>
> “It was a breeze for us to rotate technicians and staff among the three fabs
> across the island and when employees change over from one location to
> another, they even do not need to move their homes thanks to Taiwan’s bullet
> trains and highways and well-rounded transport and logistical support,” said
> Chang.
>
> “It’s unlikely we can replicate all these in Arizona.” "
>
> https://asiatimes.com/2021/04/tsmc-founder-doubts-us-competence-in-chip-making/
>
> America has the touch of King Midas. It, however, is short on talents,
> infrastructure, and culture.

Re: TSMC founder doubts US competence in chip-making

<s6c711$94o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1693&group=soc.culture.china#1693

From: bern...@rowoecom.jp (bernoff)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 01:36:14 +0800
 by: bernoff - Wed, 28 Apr 2021 17:36 UTC

Americans should ask the Hungarian late Andy Grove on why white Americans
were bad at design of chip and even nearly everything.

Just look around at the American cars from Ford to Chrystal and etc. Rough
and prone to breakdown.

No one buys American cars in Asia and South East Asia markets.

Chrystal closed its assembly plant in Thailand after they had too many
unsold cars found no consumer buyers. Cars were then sold half price with no
warranty.

American car cannot last more than one year. When breakdown in the first
three months, they do not car nor give a damn about the complaints.

These are true stories and can be found in official media in the internet.
Public comments were bad designs, poorly made, poor quality and unreliable.

Americans used their hands to play with guns and used their head on who to
shoot and massacre.

"ltlee1" wrote in message

[...]

<3342be8f-0fb4-4210-b8af-91c61080ee48n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1694&group=soc.culture.china#1694

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 10:56:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Wed, 28 Apr 2021 17:56 UTC

On Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 10:46:12 AM UTC-7, bernoff wrote:
> [...]
> and time-to-design and time-to-market capacities, he said.
>
> Chang said the island’s efficient and well-developed high-speed rail network
> and cobweb of expressways provided the vital “circuitry” for TSMC’s research
> and manufacturing between its headquarters in Hsinchu, near Taipei, and
> other plants across Taichung and Tainan.
>
> “It was a breeze for us to rotate technicians and staff among the three fabs
> across the island and when employees change over from one location to
> another, they even do not need to move their homes thanks to Taiwan’s bullet
> trains and highways and well-rounded transport and logistical support,” said
> Chang.
>
> “It’s unlikely we can replicate all these in Arizona.” "
>
> https://asiatimes.com/2021/04/tsmc-founder-doubts-us-competence-in-chip-making/
>
> America has the touch of King Midas. It, however, is short on talents,

You China chauvinists are as bad as the Trumpers in the US. All words, no substance.

Now you are singing the praises of Taiwan, a fine island nation that you are ready to destroy of they don't join the CCP.

You are hypocritical, weird and crazy.

Re: TSMC founder doubts US competence in chip-making

<s6dhbj$qo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1701&group=soc.culture.china#1701

From: toi...@tr.com (samakon)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 13:48:44 +0800
 by: samakon - Thu, 29 Apr 2021 05:48 UTC

On 29/4/2021 1:36 am, bernoff wrote:

> [...]
> and cobweb of expressways provided the vital “circuitry” for TSMC’s
> research
> and manufacturing between its headquarters in Hsinchu, near Taipei, and
> other plants across Taichung and Tainan.
>
> “It was a breeze for us to rotate technicians and staff among the three
> fabs
> across the island and when employees change over from one location to
> another, they even do not need to move their homes thanks to Taiwan’s
> bullet
> trains and highways and well-rounded transport and logistical support,”
> said
> Chang.
>
> “It’s unlikely we can replicate all these in Arizona.” "
>
> https://asiatimes.com/2021/04/tsmc-founder-doubts-us-competence-in-chip-making/
>

> America has the touch of King Midas. It, however, is short on talents,

Thai people bought a American made car but it cannot last them even a
few months.

American cars are prone to overheated and breakdown of parts even when
brand new. In Asian countries, the car problem is similar.

Thailand's Chrysler assembly plant was aimed to assemble cars for sales
and distributions to Asia markets.

But they can't sell any as users complained and seek compensation. But
they never compensate anything, not even a cent.

The promised of warranty repair was never done as they say waiting for
spare parts.

When one goes to their service center, they will say the weather is too
hot for the car engine.

If one goes to the center on a stormy day, they will say the street
flooding in Thailand is too heavy for the door to stop the water seeping
in.

If one called the center, there was no reply or take the call.

If one asks them when they can replace the faulty parts, they will say
"no sure"' "wait for spare part".

But "waiting for spare part" still never come. It's all bluffing and
bullshit.

At the end of the day, with the car broken down, the domestic errands
cannot be done at all.

After 100 years, Americans cannot make a "workable" reliable car is
evidence of their competence.

After more than 100 years of American car building, and with modern
technology, Americans still cannot redesign or remake a proper standard
workable car.

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: TSMC founder doubts US competence in chip-making