Life is cheap, but the accessories can kill you.

interests / alt.dreams / 2022/07/22 Friday: silvered hair, peculiar place & animals, and head-in-the-earth.

SubjectAuthor
* 2022/07/20 Wednesday:Richard Silk
`- 2022/07/22 Friday: silvered hair, peculiar place & animals, and head-in-the-eartRichard Silk

1
2022/07/20 Wednesday:

<40c9ead4-aae8-4522-95a4-b9a1ac7a513fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1679&group=alt.dreams#1679

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 05:57:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2022/07/20 Wednesday:
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Wed, 20 Jul 2022 12:57 UTC

A few unusual dreams (but glad to get any at all coherent enough or lasting enough to journal):

The rings:
The dreamer was "keeping" some rings on (his) hand. I'm fairly certain the dreamer was male (due to ring sizes) although there is reason enough to leave the question of gender as "open" on this one:

One ring was around a size 10 or 11, on the dreamer's left ring finger, and appeared to be similar to a high school or possibly college graduation ring, similar to a Josten's style type ring, but the dreamer did not focus on any of the engraved / relief portions that would have given a school or class or major emphasis.

There was also another ring, similar in style, only more of a lady's ring, smaller, maybe a size 5, which appeared to be on the dreamers left index finger.

In real life, this simply would not work, as my own left index finger is around a 10 or 11 as well, possibly even a 12. I have the impression this was about two individuals (one male, one female) whose lives have been merged around a single event. (There's plenty of personal history to support that assumption!)

There was a third ring involved, this one similar to a lady's engagement, wedding, or possibly a cocktail ring, with an assortment of possibly 3 (possibly more) diamonds ranging in size from about .75 carat down to .25 carat. And while the question of actual diamond or zirconium never popped up, the dreamer was somewhat confused as to how it also appeared to be on the dreamer's left hand, so at this point, I can only suspect the dream was about rings, rather than the dreamer's own hand.

Not that this tells anyone very much, but it was in size and shape VERY similar to the wedding ring Beth picked out back in 1985 or '86 (amazing how quickly we forget such details!) although I question as to whether or not the largest diamond in that ring made it up to a full ½ carat. I also find it odd that anything Beth-related or -oriented would be popping up in a dream this far "downstream" from the event. IF I recall correctly, we were married in December of '86 and divorced less than 1 year later in August of '87, even though we'd been in an on-again/off-again relationship since the summer of '82 or '83. (I find doing any math regarding my time with her to be rather confusing, especially in lieu of my brain damage.)

There was a segment of this scene wherein someone (possibly the dreamer) had gotten up then returned to find that one of the class rings (probably the mens' ring) had been left behind on a table for a period of time, and when the dreamer returned to the table where the ring was, the dreamer was relieved to find it was still there (rather than stolen.) Clarity 9-.

The laundry?
The dreamer appeared to be in a home, possibly of a middle-class family, but one with a few problems. The dreamer was looking for "my" work shorts, the pair of cut-off, faded, black denim shorts that I use for yard work IRL.

Someone tossed out the shorts as if into a hallway of sorts (it was NOT of a "clear-cut, plumb and true" type construction, but more like a bowed channel. At this point, it's shape is a bit too flexible for me to describe accurately, other than it was NOT "plumb and true" as is most standard building construction. There was the "sense" of Mother and a daughter present, but they were never actually seen in the dream. Clarity 8-ish.

The chase?
The dreamer seemed to be set on chasing down a guy who appeared to be set on avoiding getting tagged. That's about all I can say on this, except that the dreamer seemed to take a reverse course, similar to an arc pattern, and the guy who had been running away appeared to be somewhat dismayed as if "caught," even though the dreamer never actually "tagged" the individual. Clarity 7+/8-.

The guitarist:
There was a person in the dream, similar to a famous (possibly late?) guitarist, such as a rock 'n roll celebrity, *possibly* Eddie Van Halen. The guitarist appeared to be in an interview with some other person, possibly an interviewer, such as for a media show, such as "Entertainment Tonight" or some other media-packaged venue.

The dreamer was right in front of the guitar, as in possibly less than 2'–3' away, and reached out and strummed one of the strings, lightly, just to hear it (possibly an acoustic guitar, or the amp was down low?) and may have strummed it a second time (unsure) then the guitarist gently put his (right) hand fingers down across the strings to quieten the sound.

Now I'm personally not a guitarist, but I know how the strings are arranged to some extent IRL. Typically, with the guitar's neck aimed left, the lowest string is closest to the top (toward one's head) with the highest string closest to the bottom (toward one's feet.) In this case, it was as if the lowest string was on the bottom. Clarity 9, although the reversed order of the strings was peculiar. Sure, a guitarist is free to string a guitar in any manner he or she chooses, but that's another issue. IF this were in fact a case where the guitarist had "reversed string order," the clarity would've been 9+, due to the strumming of the string and the sound it produced.

The construction site:
The dreamer seemed to be in a vehicle at the start of the dream, headed in a manner *similar* to the feeling of traveling up (north on) East Lytle Street in Murfreesboro (or possibly E. Burton or E. College) with the idea of turning left (south) toward the square. Although I need to point out that these streets were *not exactly* as they are IRL (at least, at the time of this writing.)

There was a major line of stalled (queued?) traffic on the left, primarily due to construction going on toward the square, the direction in which the traffic was headed. This is where *typically* there are detour signs placed so as to divert traffic further in an ongoing direction, so that one may turn elsewhere, rather than straight into the construction zone, but it appeared that *possibly* there may have been a detour sign a block or two further south (toward the square, which would make this in the area of North Walnut, where the street names crossing Walnut change from "East" to "West." There's also the possibility that this was around North Church Street, where the street names crossing Church are still labeled as "East.")

The dreamer apparently got out of the vehicle, as the next segment appeared to have the dreamer joining a small handful of others who were loading up carts or wheelbarrows of some sort.

The dreamer took one of these carts up toward a foreman type guy who directed the dreamer (southward) toward a location with a name, possibly starting with a "W" (similar to "Wellington," but some evaporation has occurred as I'm writing this) but the dreamer had no idea of where this W-street was located (other than toward the square.) The dreamer asked someone else along the way for continued direction to the W-street / construction location. At this point, the dreamer somehow obtained something akin to opera glasses or possibly binoculars, and although the dreamer used them for a second, there seemed little point in the view as the dreamer really had no idea of where W street was anyways (other than along the path) and figured that when (he) came to the next construction area, all he needed to do was ask the local foreman at that area. End of dream, clarity 8-ish.

This last dream appears to involve the "identity-challenged, logically confused" world of a "trans" type personality.

The dreamer was in a hallway of sorts, as if in an older (1930s or earlier?) house that had possibly been "sliced up" into apartments, as older, larger houses often are. Only this particular hallway seemed of the sort that only had *short* sections that led to short stair cases that led upward (at 90° turns to the right, as contrasted with spiral-type stairways.) Except that the dreamer seemed on a path that led straight, possibly downward, which would've taken the dreamer counter-clockwise toward ground level.

And although I personally would very much prefer to avoid any "gender-fluid" type situation, this dream certainly deals with one:

The dreamer seemed to have gotten into a discussion with what was briefly seen as the face of a "handsome, attractive woman" but after one or two exchanges of thought-words (this may be related IRL to a discussion "online," either one that may have unknowingly occurred previously, or possibly one in the future, either way, "thought words" are like a conversation that occurs as if mentally in one's mind, yet there is no sense of physical speaking, at least not on the part of the dreamer, which leads me to believe this may have been an online discussion portrayed in the dream) the dreamer asked the other entity in the dream if s/he was biologically XX or XY?

You'd have thought the dreamer was asking for one's social security number or birth certificate! The other entity started an harangue regarding gender identity. In real life, there's a quote from a movie, to paraphrase Spock from “Star Trek— Into Darkness”:
[That you are defensive therefore suggests you find my position valid.]

I have a *distinct* feeling that the dreamer had been communicating with an XY trans pretending to be a female.

In the next segment, the dreamer is moving snake-like across the floor, possibly of a hallway, rubbing (his) face on the carpet for the specific purpose of wiping off (reddish) makeup.

Click here to read the complete article
2022/07/22 Friday: silvered hair, peculiar place & animals, and head-in-the-earth.

<b0987c99-9737-42ab-b784-a81d76f05aden@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1680&group=alt.dreams#1680

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 10:41:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2022/07/22 Friday: silvered hair, peculiar place & animals, and head-in-the-earth.
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 17:41 UTC

While I should have posted this one on the "silvered hair" on Thursday, I kept avoiding it until it got put off until today. Sorry, I realize that makes time reckoning a tad awkward, but:

The night & morning *before* last night and this morning, the dreamer was looking *very much as if* in a mirror, noting the full head of dark hair (closer to black than my real life, years-ago brown) and the silvery streaks of gray along the right side (also right in the mirrored image, but if it had been a real person rather than a mirror, it would've been the image's left) along with a very peculiar-looking batch of white hair up in front, with a type of afro-texture to it (in contrast with the otherwise straight-style, Caucasian hair texture.)

I personally puzzled over this dream and what it may have meant most of the day, wondering when something even *remotely* similar might occur IRL, which is WHY I *should* have posted this yesterday morning, because now detractors might say, "Oh, he wrote all this in hindsight" which, although is technically true, ignores the chronological sequence in which it flowed out: Dream, pondering, and then: late yesterday (Thursday) evening, a news clip (possibly on FOX News) came up which told how former officer Thomas Lane of the Minneapolis Police Department had been sentenced for 2½ years for having denied George Floyd (a counterfeiting, drug-using criminal) his (George's) "civil rights."

The news article showed Lane face-on (frontal mug shot?) but the silvery hair on the sides is evident. I can only imagine the white-gray fro in the dream was relevant to the verdict of the law. Clarity 9+ / 10- with a touch of 7.

Friday morning:

Most of the dream activity involved arriving (as if on a vacation, by car, possibly with a small family) at a type of roadside or local attraction, not *too* different from Rock City, but more "homely" in nature, similar to a bed & breakfast of an older, very large home wherein the elderly residents had to go something like a museum in order to keep the doors open / pay the taxes.

There is a sense as if having visited this same location multiple times within the dream, such as on at least one previous visit, possibly two other previous visits, but they're practically "phantom memories" within the dream, so let's play this out in "segments":

In one segment, the dreamer is examining the building (mostly done already in the text above) noting a type of darkness to the overall tone of the woodwork (or whatever the walls were made of. A scene from an old, OLD black & white movie of "Great Expectations" comes to mind.)

Inside, in something like a large, rather open ballroom area, there appear to be a NUMBER of characters in various *imaginative* costumes. Not just of people-types, but also of animal and other fantastical (as in "fantasy") type creatures. Rather than be misled by all the pageantry, the dreamer instead came into a segment involving the owner(s) of the location, and although there may have been only one person (an elderly lady) it *may* have been they were an elderly couple (like in their 70s or 80s, slightly hunched over a bit due to osteoporosis, shrinkage of cartilage, etc.) There was *some* discussion with at least one of the persons, but again, whether it was the old woman (more likely) or an old man is unclear (due in part to SOME evaporation already, as most of this dream was secondary to another segment.)

In another segment, as if in the parking lot of the aforementioned location, the dreamer observed several *very* unusual characters perambulating (at a walking pace) across the lot (possibly a yard) allegedly toward the building (this is all being "knitted together" in order to make some sort of cohesive sense.)

One of the characters that "pulled focus" (got the main attention of the dreamer) was rather green in appearance, and looked and walked like an elephant-type creature. There was someone else with a man-looking appearance but with a *dark* brown appearance, similar to a guy in a gorilla suit, but possibly as a big-foot or some other critter. The dreamer asked aloud (as close to verbatim as possible): "What is that called?" (referring to the green elephant-type creature— and note that it WAS walking on 4 legs like a pachyderm. And BIGGER than a buffalo, possibly bigger than a camel, but smaller than a full-sized, adult elephant.)

"A 'Human-Creature'," came the reply.

The dreamer (for whatever reason) was somewhat unsure if the words had been heard clearly and asked again, "A *what*?"

"A 'Human-Creature'," came the same reply, both answers having a type of focus on the syllable "man," as if the green elephant were a male IRL— but that's more of an assumption than in evidence in any way.

I suppose what the dreamer *should* have asked was: "Can you explain that, please?" but I *suspect* (as I write this up) that the meaning aligned with the concept that sometimes what we regard of as "people" in the "real world" may be (symbolically) depicted in other forms within dreams.

Now to another segment that has as much or more focus pull than the critters in the parking lot:

The dreamer seemed to have a *pet deer* out in a grassy meadow-like area (very open, with LOTS of room in which to run around.) The deer seemed like a young male, with very fine antlers (meaning "fine" like fine wires. There was nothing "thick" about them whatsoever.) There was a sense that the deer (young buck) was not about to "run away" or "flee" yet there was also the sense that it was "free" to do as he pleased as well. (As I type this, I am very much inclined to believe that this critter is symbolic of my youngest son, Landon, who has reached out to me from his adoptive home, elsewhere in Tennessee, who is approaching 14½ years old (next month) IRL.)

What caught my attention was that the filaments between his two main antlers (wires) contained some TEXT as if woven / grown / displayed between them. The dreamer did take a moment to get a good look at one of the words (which seemed like a business or company type name) but that word was less than perfectly understood. It was clearly seen, but imperfectly understood, thus, has completely evaporated, likely even before the dream segment ended. The dreamer would have had to have taken time to inquire as to the text (and the word) in order to have had better retention / understanding. There was other activity out in this field / meadow scene, possibly involving another creature, similar to a large rabbit, but such details are simply too vague to recollect at this point. Clarity between 7 and 8+.

The "Head in the Hole" (or in the Earth) was about a young female (possibly 12 or 13?) with a kind of innocent vitality directed at accomplishing a goal: digging a very circular hole (perhaps 2' wide, max) straight down (around 3–4' maybe?) with the objective of sticking her head (and body) down into the hole. There was *some* comment, as if she were saying her objective was digging a hole straight to China, but the exact words were unclear even in the dream, much less after some evaporation.

There may have been some assistance from the dreamer, using a thin gardening trowel, to clear some of the soil away from the (leftish) side of the hole, but it may have been the girl doing the digging. Unclear. Clarity 8-, perhaps that of an "average dream" without too much symbology nor any distinct clarity. Oh yes, the gal *may* have had light brown hair, and it *may* have been in a pixie cut, but again, LOTS of unclear elements within this dream.

In a *possibly related* dream, the dreamer was in a location *as if* in prehistoric times, where humans (or sentient life, if you will) lived in caves.. The scene was as if from within a narrow crevice view of the outside, which was certainly greenish in appearance, but not TOO tropical / jungle. More like a generally clearer area, like where a small family or community might play or work, whatever, outside during the day. This was only a *quick* (maybe ½–¾ second?) "glimpse" of the light outside from the perspective of the darkness inside the (presumed) cave. Clarity: "prehistoric."