Newsgroups: soc.history.war.misc,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: a Quora - Did anyone know that Argentina would lose during The
Falklands War with Great Britain?
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 11:51:46 -0700
 by: a425couple - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 18:51 UTC

Simon Nelson
MA from King’s College LondonMon
Did anyone know that Argentina would lose during The Falklands War with
Great Britain?
Most observers around the globe were pretty sure the UK couldn’t re-take
the Falklands and would be humiliated by their Argentinian foe. US
military opinion was particularly gloomy. There was one exception - The
USSR. The Soviets war-gamed the situation and they concluded that not
only would the British win, but because they had the best logistics in
the world as well as very experienced volunteer fighting force, they
would gain a total victory. This wasn’t just an academic exercise for
the Soviets - off the back of their Falklands observations they altered
their Cold War defences to take account of the fact that the UK was
still a force with whom to be reckoned.

4.1K views
View 41 upvotes
1 of 12 answers

James M
· 1h
We still have a force to be reckoned with, we could just do with more of
them

Tony Martin
· 42m
Logistics wins wars. I was serving on a frigate in Jan 1983, and an
opdef signal meant we had half a litre of oil the next day. We were
flying that day. Hollywood pretends that somehow heroes win wars. They
get their heroes, but it isn’t like that in real life.

Re: a Quora - Did anyone know that Argentina would lose during The Falklands War with Great Britain?

<ubjagd$3e5al$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1671&group=soc.history.war.misc#1671

From: muratla...@gmail.com (Jim Wilkins)
Newsgroups: soc.history.war.misc,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military
Subject: Re: a Quora - Did anyone know that Argentina would lose during The Falklands War with Great Britain?
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 16:10:32 -0400
 by: Jim Wilkins - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 20:10 UTC

"a425couple" wrote in message news:7V8DM.90020$KJXf.19282@fx05.iad...

Simon Nelson
MA from King’s College LondonMon
Did anyone know that Argentina would lose during The Falklands War with
Great Britain?

It was very close:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bravo_November