Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 06:45:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2022/07/08 Friday
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Fri, 8 Jul 2022 13:45 UTC

I had two dreams from last night (actually this morning) that remained in memory to a significant degree that I felt I should write them down:

The first major dream occurred around or before 5:30 AM, and involved the dreamer in a vehicle with another [energy form] who was not directly viewed, but sensed more like someone you know is with you, but is simply not looked at directly. In recalling the dream, however, that other person/form seemed more "lit," like with a soft, unfocused light, not bright, not dim, but definitely "diffused." At any rate, I recall having seen "her" (for reasons I'll explain in a moment) to my right, but due to the words spoken later, that would mean either some wires got crossed up (which is VERY likely in my case!) or that the dreamer was in Europe, or some form of a "right hand drive" vehicle.

The dreamer and "wife" (again, for reasons that will soon become clear) were traveling in a right-to-left perspective (no actual idea on direction) when they stopped at some type of road-side establishment for the purpose of either taking a break, eating, or what have you, when the dreamer came across something like an outdoor, automated hostess. Not a robot, but more like a small marquee similar to a drive-thru menu board.
Along with this digital hostess was a speaker with all sorts of colloquial chat, similar to what one would hear at a small, country market, with a very chatty old farm wife behind the counter, running the store.

It appeared as if the "wife" entity was about to engage with the board, when the dreamer used his right arm to hold her back, as it were, as I (personally) have an aversion to any phone conversations with computer-automated spam callers. (In real life, sometimes I'll tell the recording: "I don't talk to computers" then hang up. Actually, I'm talking to the recording function, but that's really splitting hairs.) (And I mean that I don't talk to computer-driven spam callers on the telephone. I communicate *using* computers all day all week all year, etc.)

Likely as a consequence of the interrupted encounter with the chatty marquee, the dreamer ended up standing in an aisle, *similar* to that of a Greyhound Bus, facing the rear of the bus, with a female (perhaps a more personal version of the voice that had been chatting on the marquee) facing the dreamer, and the dreamer was asking for travel directions. PART of the conversation involved the dreamer telling that he was "on vacation" and his "wife was driving" so that he had "no idea" of where he was at or in what direction he was heading. All he knew was that he was in Indiana / "Illinois" (for some reason he felt somewhere near Chicago and knew that was NOT in Indiana, so he corrected himself in the conversation) and this next part is a bit sketchy, as it's now after 7:30 AM and I went back to sleep after letting the dog out for a few minutes.
It was as if the lady facing the dreamer reached her hands out toward those of the dreamer and they interlaced fingers. The distance was close enough that the elbows were bent rather than locked straight, yet not so close that they were touching torsos. There was a good foot of distance between them, maybe 18" or so.

Still, I have the residual impression that she was moving forward, as if pushing the dreamer backwards (toward the front of the bus) where at some point along this movement, another guy was standing in the aisle as well, and either we passed him OR he came up from behind her to make some kind of romantic advance, and the dreamer simply fist-punched him in the face *using the left fist* (as the guy was on the dreamer's left, the female's right) which was enough to "tap" him out of the discussion.

"That was Robert!" she exclaimed, as if the dreamer had tapped out a known suitor of some type (possibly even her husband?) but the dreamer simply said, "That's OK. It'll only make him sweet on you" (as if having another male around her might make her more desirable to her male.)

Even so, the dreamer was not after romance, but apparently still looking for direction, and all I can say about this encounter in the bus aisle is that perhaps it's referential to "backing up" a bit "in real life," so to speak. No idea. Clarity 9 overall.

The other dream (practically a *suite* of dreams!) occurred prior to 6:30 AM, and involved the dreamer in a vehicle, as if cruising around a less-developed area of campus (at MTSU perhaps?) comparable in feel to an older / past time frame at MTSU, near the northeast when the field across Greenland Drive from Reeves Rogers school was a field, rather than the developed agri-center that it is today.

At any rate, there were two females in the distance, and the dreamer appeared to be offering them a lift to wherever it was they were going (provided they were headed in the same direction, of course.)

While I am unable to remember if they got in or not, the next view involved passing along a street on campus where there were these large (2 or more?) structures, roughly the size of a living room and kitchen of a built home (not an efficiency apartment) with something of a Lima bean shape, also apparently flexible, as if (with a good bit of effort) they could be somehow compacted to a smaller size (for transport) then *released* (expanded) back to full size "on site."

Apparently, these were "bean modules" or "bean homes" or possibly even "dorms" where college-aged kids could live *as if* in a "starter home," yet cheaply (something older young adults would likely like to move OUT of, into larger, *actual* starter homes.)

At any rate, this dream somehow turned into another scene where the dreamer was as if in a home, as if with guests, as if they may have been a work crew of some sort, as if the dreamer had possibly mentioned feeding them, or that there were "greens" available for anyone who wanted any (if anyone was hungry.) Although I cannot recall hearing this specifically in the dream, it may have gone like, "If anyone's hungry, there're greens in the kitchen.."

The reason I bring all this up is because in a related scene, there's an older gentleman (possibly 70s?) who gets the dreamer's attention, and somehow the dreamer finds himself in the kitchen, looking inside the 'fridge ("refrigerator") only to find the interior has been spaciously redesigned as a kind of greenhouse for plants, WELL lit with water *dripping* as if there may have been a kind of misting system within the fridge. There were around 3 to 5 plants in small pots, each maybe the size of a container of sour cream that had been repurposed.

With the fridge door open, there was water dripping out of the bottom onto the floor, so the dreamer shut the door, and the older fellow observed that those water drops would simply evaporate (or "go away," not entirely clear on how he phrased it.) It seemed as if the older fellow had gifted the younger fellow with the growing plants. Reminds me of Matthew 5:45. Clarity 9+.