Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 18:39:23 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Wally George
From: Beaver_F...@live.com (Topic Cop)
 by: Topic Cop - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 02:39 UTC

On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 4:26:20 AM UTC-8, radioacti...@gmail.com wrote:
> The late, not-at-all-great Wally George, wasn't a conservative, much less a Conservative. The sad truth is, he wasn't bright enough to HAVE an ideology.
>
> Of course, I'm basing this totally on what I was able to glean from years of watching "Hot Seat" on KDOC/Channel 50 as well as hearing him here and there on local L.A. newstalk or FM radio, whenever a host was foolish enough to give him some airtime as a guest. Based on every such viewing or listening, George was quite nearly a moron.
>
> But I admit that that assessment is based totally on George's pathetic public persona. As it happens, a couple people I worked with in Hollywood knew him off air, and they insisted to me that he was sly (or maybe just stupid) like a fox, and that in fact, he was actually rather informed. And one of these guys claimed he even found him "almost charming" whenever he was not "on"! Both guys had credibility with me, at least until they started peddling this.
>
> I do now regret never making the trip from Mar Vista down to KDOC in Orange County to see "Hot Seat" taped in person; indeed, I watched some of my "Hot Seat" tapes as recently as a couple years ago, but only for the same reason I recorded and reviewed so many hours of that other sui generis (and also now dead) KDOC personality, Dr. W. euGene Scott: for laughs.
>
> BRYAN STYBLE/Florida

You blew it

Some days I will wake up feeling good then it will hit me that he's gone

What a great man

Re: Wally George

<tu07vr$svh$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16658&group=alt.obituaries#16658

From: le...@main.lekno.ws (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 19:59:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 19:59 UTC

Topic Cop <Beaver_Fever@live.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 4:26:20?AM UTC-8, radioacti...@gmail.com wrote:
>> The late, not-at-all-great Wally George, wasn't a conservative, much less a
>> Conservative. The sad truth is, he wasn't bright enough to HAVE an ideology.

Just to be clear,this is not in reference to Walter F. George (1878-1957),
who served as a United States Senator from Georgia from 1922 until shortly
before his death.

Mr. George was a Democrat,not a Conservative,but as a signer of the Southern
Manifesto and opponent of civil rights laws he would generally be regarded as
a "conservative" even though he was more moderate than more "fire-breathing"
kinds of segregationist he served alongside,like "Cotton Tom" Heflin of
Alabama,"Cotton Ed" Smith or Coleman Blease of South Carolina,Theodore Bilbo
of Mississippi,or Clyde Hoey or Furnifold Simmons or Josiah Bailey of
North Carolina.

>> Of course, I'm basing this totally on what I was able to glean from years of watching "Hot Seat" on KDOC/Channel 50 as well as hearing him here and there on local L.A. newstalk or FM radio, whenever a host was foolish enough to give him some airtime as a guest. Based on every such viewing or listening, George was quite nearly a moron.
>>
>> But I admit that that assessment is based totally on George's pathetic public persona. As it happens, a couple people I worked with in Hollywood knew him off air, and they insisted to me that he was sly (or maybe just stupid) like a fox, and that in fact, he was actually rather informed. And one of these guys claimed he even found him "almost charming" whenever he was not "on"! Both guys had credibility with me, at least until they started peddling this.
>>
>> I do now regret never making the trip from Mar Vista down to KDOC in Orange County to see "Hot Seat" taped in person; indeed, I watched some of my "Hot Seat" tapes as recently as a couple years ago, but only for the same reason I recorded and reviewed so many hours of that other sui generis (and also now dead) KDOC personality, Dr. W. euGene Scott: for laughs.
>>
>> BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
>

> You blew it
>
> Some days I will wake up feeling good then it will hit me that he's gone
>
> What a great man

-=-=-

Re: Wally George

<e8d366d0-efa7-490d-aa7d-2eefe63b947en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16660&group=alt.obituaries#16660

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 12:52:42 -0800 (PST)
From: Beaver_F...@live.com (Topic Cop)
 by: Topic Cop - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 20:52 UTC

On Saturday, March 4, 2023 at 11:59:58 AM UTC-8, Louis Epstein wrote:
> Topic Cop <Beaver...@live.com> wrote:
> > On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 4:26:20?AM UTC-8, radioacti...@gmail..com wrote:
> >> The late, not-at-all-great Wally George, wasn't a conservative, much less a
> >> Conservative. The sad truth is, he wasn't bright enough to HAVE an ideology.
> Just to be clear,this is not in reference to Walter F. George (1878-1957),
> who served as a United States Senator from Georgia from 1922 until shortly
> before his death.
>
> Mr. George was a Democrat,not a Conservative,but as a signer of the Southern
> Manifesto and opponent of civil rights laws he would generally be regarded as
> a "conservative" even though he was more moderate than more "fire-breathing"
> kinds of segregationist he served alongside,like "Cotton Tom" Heflin of
> Alabama,"Cotton Ed" Smith or Coleman Blease of South Carolina,Theodore Bilbo
> of Mississippi,or Clyde Hoey or Furnifold Simmons or Josiah Bailey of
> North Carolina.
> >> Of course, I'm basing this totally on what I was able to glean from years of watching "Hot Seat" on KDOC/Channel 50 as well as hearing him here and there on local L.A. newstalk or FM radio, whenever a host was foolish enough to give him some airtime as a guest. Based on every such viewing or listening, George was quite nearly a moron.
> >>
> >> But I admit that that assessment is based totally on George's pathetic public persona. As it happens, a couple people I worked with in Hollywood knew him off air, and they insisted to me that he was sly (or maybe just stupid) like a fox, and that in fact, he was actually rather informed. And one of these guys claimed he even found him "almost charming" whenever he was not "on"! Both guys had credibility with me, at least until they started peddling this.
> >>
> >> I do now regret never making the trip from Mar Vista down to KDOC in Orange County to see "Hot Seat" taped in person; indeed, I watched some of my "Hot Seat" tapes as recently as a couple years ago, but only for the same reason I recorded and reviewed so many hours of that other sui generis (and also now dead) KDOC personality, Dr. W. euGene Scott: for laughs.
> >>
> >> BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
> >

> > You blew it
> >
> > Some days I will wake up feeling good then it will hit me that he's gone
> >
> > What a great man
> >

> -=-=-
> The World Trade Center towers MUST rise again,
> at least as tall as before...or terror has triumphed.

you said that already

interests / alt.obituaries / Re: Wally George