Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 07:00:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/08/22 Tuesday: "Gotta find..." + tree removal + Gina's Rx glasses!
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Tue, 22 Aug 2023 14:00 UTC

The dreamer started out at an area *similar* to MTSU, *similar* to the Keathley University Center, but trying to get too matched up to that specific location (IRL) tends to distort the actual architecture / topography of the dream.

The dreamer was as if driving a car, and the car was as if there were 3 or so people in it, one of them being a female declaring the need to find a bathroom, *quick!* (First time for everything in a dream, eh?) So the dreamer takes the car a *bit* faster along the parking area, towards the KUC-like building, and (as things tend to simply "flow" within a dream sequence) they (at least the dreamer and a female) are headed into the building, and the dreamer is (mildly) announcing something of a [get out of the way / emergency] situation, as the dreamer leads the female towards where a bathroom is thought to be located. There's a sense *as if* perhaps the woman made it into a bathroom, however, the dream ends there, clarity 8+/9- (about average.)

In another dream, the dreamer is in a structure *similar* to a kitchen area, only it's *as if* out doors, as if the ground were of well-trodden dirt rather than hardwood. There's something like a skinny, young pine tree (about an 8" diameter trunk, maybe less?) growing straight up in an awkward place, like, if it had been indoors, similar to the area between a kitchen table and the stove, or sink— it was basically "in the way" yet for whatever reason, had been simply walked around rather than dealt with.

A guy (whom the dreamer took to be my older brother, but that's often misleading as he also appeared to be like my younger self) simply pushed against the tree, and it toppled over, with a root base going down only maybe 2' into the ground, with a radius of about the diameter of the trunk itself, tapering down to a point.

(Note to self: social relationships are like the roots of a tree, reaching out from the trunk / core of life, into the "dirt" / ground of the world / society, in order to nourish the tree, the "self," if you will. The more relationships one has, the better "grounded" one becomes.)

At any rate, the dreamer said something to the "brother" (the objective guy in the dream) such as: "I didn't know they / it could be pushed over so easily," *as if* to [if I'd have known they could be pushed over that easily, I would've done that long ago!] (Please note: last night I watched the episode "Lassie Jerky" of "Psych" on DVR, and in it was a remarkable scene where Detective Juliet ("Jules") uses her foot/leg/body-upon-the-ground in order to push over a tree into the river in order to save Detective Lassiter ("Lassie" — Season 7 Episode 3, imdb.com/title/tt2297654) — so that *may* have had some *tiny* correlation / input to the dream. Still, it was one of the funnier / better / hilarious episodes of "Psych" and it would be *super* cool if that show could return. Sadly, I think the present flavor of California and the world view towards racial and ethnic humor would can the show on the first episode. (It's said the devil can't take a joke— and for good reason— evil has *no* reason.) Clarity 8+-ish, although I have a hunch there's a lot of "7" in there.

In the final dream, the dreamer "sees" Gina trying on a new pair of prescription glasses, *as if* they may be for occasional reading / viewing, however, they may also be "lineless trifocals" (or line-less bifocals) yet she looks *nearly directly at* the dreamer, almost as if the dreamer were viewing the scene (her face) from the perspective of *the mirror*! The dreamer was thinking she looked wonderful (dark hair, medium length) when the dream ended, clarity 10 (*barely* 10-.)