Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Subject: Synonym of slice for a bit of paint?
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 19:44:59 -0000
 by: Commander Kinsey - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 19:44 UTC

Looking for a synonym of the word slice (noun) suitable for a piece of old paint which has come away from the wall, obviously paint thickness, maybe a few inches across. I'm sure I've used a word for that sort of thing in the past, but it escapes me.

Re: Synonym of slice for a bit of paint?

<tphrfa$t6f$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=165816&group=alt.usage.english#165816

From: rcp...@panix.com (Pierre Jelenc)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Subject: Re: Synonym of slice for a bit of paint?
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 19:55:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Pierre Jelenc - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 19:55 UTC

In article <op.1yirs9njmvhs6z@ryzen.home>,
Commander Kinsey <CK1@nospam.com> wrote:
>Looking for a synonym of the word slice (noun) suitable for a piece of
>old paint which has come away from the wall, obviously paint thickness,
>maybe a few inches across. I'm sure I've used a word for that sort of
>thing in the past, but it escapes me.

Chip? Flake?

Pierre
--
Pierre Jelenc
The Gigometer www.gigometer.com

Re: Synonym of slice for a bit of paint?

<op.1yit5ywrmvhs6z@ryzen.home>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=165819&group=alt.usage.english#165819

Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 20:35:48 -0000
 by: Commander Kinsey - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 20:35 UTC

On Mon, 09 Jan 2023 19:55:22 -0000, Pierre Jelenc <rcpj@panix.com> wrote:

> In article <op.1yirs9njmvhs6z@ryzen.home>,
> Commander Kinsey <CK1@nospam.com> wrote:
>> Looking for a synonym of the word slice (noun) suitable for a piece of
>> old paint which has come away from the wall, obviously paint thickness,
>> maybe a few inches across. I'm sure I've used a word for that sort of
>> thing in the past, but it escapes me.
>
> Chip? Flake?

Flake! FFS my old age. I'm 47 you know. The question is why didn't thesaurus.com know that word?

interests / alt.usage.english / Synonym of slice for a bit of paint?