From: kfl...@KeithLynch.net (Keith F. Lynch)
Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Subject: How do I get a refund from Greyhound?
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 19:03:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Keith F. Lynch - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 19:03 UTC

I recently bought a trip from Chicago to DC. There were three
tickets, Chicago to Columbus, Columbus to Philadelphia, and
Philadelphia to DC, sold to me as a package.

The second bus got into Philadelphia late, at 1:40 pm. The connecting
1:20 pm bus to DC had already left. We were told that we could get
our tickets changed to a 5 pm bus to DC at no extra expense. About a
dozen of us got in line to do so. But after the first two or three,
we were told that that bus was full, and that we'd have to get on an
even later bus to New York, from which we could get another bus to DC.
That bus would have gotten me into DC after Metro stopped running,
stranding me in Union Station overnight unless I wanted to pay a
fortune for a taxi.

So I bought a ticket for a Peter Pan bus to DC, then asked at the
Greyhound counter for a refund for my third Greyhound ticket. They
told me I'd have to do that over the phone. So when I got home I
called Greyhound, only to be told that refunds are only handled at
the station.

How do I get a refund for my third ticket, which was unused through
no fault of my own? Thanks.
--
Keith F. Lynch - http://keithlynch.net/

Re: How do I get a refund from Greyhound?

<8d502b7f-9f49-40c9-a26e-020b0bd3f4dbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1655&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#1655

Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 15:34:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: How do I get a refund from Greyhound?
From: Beaver_F...@live.com (Beaver Fever)
 by: Beaver Fever - Sun, 11 Sep 2022 22:34 UTC

On Friday, September 9, 2022 at 12:04:03 PM UTC-7, Keith F. Lynch wrote:
> I recently bought a trip from Chicago to DC. There were three
> tickets, Chicago to Columbus, Columbus to Philadelphia, and
> Philadelphia to DC, sold to me as a package.
>
> The second bus got into Philadelphia late, at 1:40 pm. The connecting
> 1:20 pm bus to DC had already left. We were told that we could get
> our tickets changed to a 5 pm bus to DC at no extra expense. About a
> dozen of us got in line to do so. But after the first two or three,
> we were told that that bus was full, and that we'd have to get on an
> even later bus to New York, from which we could get another bus to DC.
> That bus would have gotten me into DC after Metro stopped running,
> stranding me in Union Station overnight unless I wanted to pay a
> fortune for a taxi.
>
> So I bought a ticket for a Peter Pan bus to DC, then asked at the
> Greyhound counter for a refund for my third Greyhound ticket. They
> told me I'd have to do that over the phone. So when I got home I
> called Greyhound, only to be told that refunds are only handled at
> the station.
>
> How do I get a refund for my third ticket, which was unused through
> no fault of my own? Thanks.
> --
> Keith F. Lynch - http://keithlynch.net/
> Please see http://keithlynch.net/email.html before emailing me.

Did you pay by credit card? You might wanna try there.

And curious how Greyhound was a better option than flying?

I only take Greyhound to San Diego or Las Vegas.

Re: How do I get a refund from Greyhound?

<4ff128ca-3bb1-43d9-b4e9-e342689d5dcbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1656&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#1656

Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 17:56:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: dakadl...@gmail.com (Dim Witte)
 by: Dim Witte - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 00:56 UTC

On Friday, September 9, 2022 at 11:04:03 AM UTC-8, Keith F. Lynch wrote:
> I recently bought a trip from Chicago to DC. There were three
> tickets, Chicago to Columbus, Columbus to Philadelphia, and
> Philadelphia to DC, sold to me as a package.
>
> The second bus got into Philadelphia late, at 1:40 pm. The connecting
> 1:20 pm bus to DC had already left. We were told that we could get
> our tickets changed to a 5 pm bus to DC at no extra expense. About a
> dozen of us got in line to do so. But after the first two or three,
> we were told that that bus was full, and that we'd have to get on an
> even later bus to New York, from which we could get another bus to DC.
> That bus would have gotten me into DC after Metro stopped running,
> stranding me in Union Station overnight unless I wanted to pay a
> fortune for a taxi.
>
> So I bought a ticket for a Peter Pan bus to DC, then asked at the
> Greyhound counter for a refund for my third Greyhound ticket. They
> told me I'd have to do that over the phone. So when I got home I
> called Greyhound, only to be told that refunds are only handled at
> the station.
>
> How do I get a refund for my third ticket, which was unused through
> no fault of my own? Thanks.
> --
> Keith F. Lynch - http://keithlynch.net/
> Please see http://keithlynch.net/email.html before emailing me.
I think the credit card referral, where you contest the charge, is good. Or what about using the internet to contact Greyhound about this?