From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: Home Depot Exide 24F car battery warranty
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 02:21:01 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 07:21 UTC

On Sun, 19 Dec 2021 06:45:51 -0000 (UTC), fos <fos@sdf.org> wrote:

>On 2021-12-19, Bob F <bobnospam@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Doesn't the word "Home" in Home Depot mean anything to anybody?
>
>>> Is it really that difficult to Google "exide battery dealer near me" ?!
>
>>> You don't go to an auto parts store to buy hardware, so why in the
>>> actual fuck would anyone go to a hardware store to buy motor vehicle
>>> parts?
>
>> Because they want one that is "aged to perfection"?
>
>Better off going to a distributor and getting a new "blem"(ished) battery
>without a warranty than buying who knows what the fuck you're getting
>at a hardware store then chasing ghosts for a warranty if needed.

Walmart.
It's a Johnson controls battery and the warranty is pretty much no
questions asked. I am not sure about which one is the best because I
suspect most of the price difference is just the warranty. I put their
top grade in my boat and it blew a cell open about 20 months in. They
just gave me another one, no hassle. I knew how it worked so I had the
new one in my cart when I went to the service desk. I got out faster
than if I stood in line at a cashier and bought one.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: Home Depot Exide 24F car battery warranty