Round Numbers are always false. -- Samuel Johnson

interests / alt.life.sucks / "If you don't like it, you can fuck off!"

SubjectAuthor
* "If you don't like it, you can fuck off!"Ivan May
`* "If you don't like it, you can fuck off!"Thomas Joseph
 `- "If you don't like it, you can fuck off!"bosodeniro@gmail.com

1
"If you don't like it, you can fuck off!"

<696d9be3-25d4-48d7-bda5-f7e1a61abe9dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1618&group=alt.life.sucks#1618

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 09:32:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: "If you don't like it, you can fuck off!"
From: ivanalla...@gmail.com (Ivan May)
 by: Ivan May - Sun, 27 Jun 2021 16:32 UTC

Keith was a good drummer, and it sucks that he wasted away.

Who You Are is a good album.

Re: "If you don't like it, you can fuck off!"

<f30578e0-9aba-41a6-803e-89f3c6e39d07n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1619&group=alt.life.sucks#1619

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 15:51:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: "If you don't like it, you can fuck off!"
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sun, 27 Jun 2021 22:51 UTC

On Sunday, June 27, 2021 at 12:32:45 PM UTC-4, Ivan May wrote:
> Keith was a good drummer, and it sucks that he wasted away.
>
> Who You Are is a good album.

Keith was the best. When I was in my prime in Hollywood, hanging out with industry bigwigs as well as artists of renown, I had my own pad, a loft in fact - a big place - and I would invite the best musicians and singers of the era over to jam. A lot of the really good songs you remember to this day were written in my pad. They came from improv style jams which I would interrupt every now and yelling, "That's it, right there - that's what we want to hear", and the guys would yell for me to shut the fuck up, they haven't reached their peak yet. That is when I learned to simply tape their jams and not to interrupt. Later I would play the best parts back to them and some would be astounded. I remember one time Mick Jagger and his boys were riffing at my pad and I caught what I thought was one of the best moments of music I ever heard. I told Mick about it, asked him to listen. "Yeah, yeah, I remember that part - I remember playing it. Didn't think it was much at the time - I was soaring man, really into the future, not dwelling so much in the here and now. Yeah, no doubt about it, I missed that one." Next thing you know Mick and his crew have taken that simple riff and turned it into a tune that zoomed to number one on the charts. I will not mention the song because I don't need a law suit right now. Anyway, I once invited a bunch of the best drummers in the biz over to my pad. They all knew it would be a good time. They brought their band mates with them but I said it won't matter because tonight I want to hear only drums. Nothing else. So, one after the other the best stickmen in the biz took over and I'd close my eyes and listen - no backup, no song, just the sticks working their magic. I did this a number of times - inviting only drummers over - and I kept doing it until I was able to tell who was holding the sticks and bouncing them off the skins. Oh man those were the days. Was Keith the best? Not in my opinion. I think his drumming sucked. But then Keith was not one of the big names I invited to play at my pad. So I never really got to groove on Keith's sound all by itself as I did with so many of the other greats of that era whose names I will not mention because of possible law suits.

Rock on brother man!

Re: "If you don't like it, you can fuck off!"

<d86ed8a6-fb16-43d3-a5d9-2a0b486ed9b1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1645&group=alt.life.sucks#1645

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 11:01:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: bosoden...@gmail.com (bosodeniro@gmail.com)
 by: bosodeniro@gmail.com - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 18:01 UTC

On Sunday, June 27, 2021 at 3:51:11 PM UTC-7, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, June 27, 2021 at 12:32:45 PM UTC-4, Ivan May wrote:
> > Keith was a good drummer, and it sucks that he wasted away.
> >
> > Who You Are is a good album.
> Keith was the best. When I was in my prime in Hollywood, hanging out with industry bigwigs as well as artists of renown, I had my own pad, a loft in fact - a big place - and I would invite the best musicians and singers of the era over to jam. A lot of the really good songs you remember to this day were written in my pad. They came from improv style jams which I would interrupt every now and yelling, "That's it, right there - that's what we want to hear", and the guys would yell for me to shut the fuck up, they haven't reached their peak yet. That is when I learned to simply tape their jams and not to interrupt. Later I would play the best parts back to them and some would be astounded. I remember one time Mick Jagger and his boys were riffing at my pad and I caught what I thought was one of the best moments of music I ever heard. I told Mick about it, asked him to listen. "Yeah, yeah, I remember that part - I remember playing it. Didn't think it was much at the time - I was soaring man, really into the future, not dwelling so much in the here and now. Yeah, no doubt about it, I missed that one." Next thing you know Mick and his crew have taken that simple riff and turned it into a tune that zoomed to number one on the charts. I will not mention the song because I don't need a law suit right now. Anyway, I once invited a bunch of the best drummers in the biz over to my pad. They all knew it would be a good time. They brought their band mates with them but I said it won't matter because tonight I want to hear only drums. Nothing else. So, one after the other the best stickmen in the biz took over and I'd close my eyes and listen - no backup, no song, just the sticks working their magic. I did this a number of times - inviting only drummers over - and I kept doing it until I was able to tell who was holding the sticks and bouncing them off the skins. Oh man those were the days. Was Keith the best? Not in my opinion. I think his drumming sucked. But then Keith was not one of the big names I invited to play at my pad. So I never really got to groove on Keith's sound all by itself as I did with so many of the other greats of that era whose names I will not mention because of possible law suits.
>
> Rock on brother man!

It's one thing to be a conspiratorial copy-pasting drone like "Gus" whoever he is (in 2015 no less), it's quite another to be a soft-brained typist who happily bangs on a keyboard whether anybody's listening or not and says happily just what he "feels" day in day out.

interests / alt.life.sucks / "If you don't like it, you can fuck off!"