From: kei...@home.com (Keith S)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Floyd Sneed,80,Three Dog Night Original Drummer
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 16:50:41 -0500
 by: Keith S - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 21:50 UTC

https://bestclassicbands.com/floyd-sneed-obituary-three-dog-night-drummer-1-29-23/

Floyd Sneed, the drummer behind Three Dog Night’s remarkable run of
singles in the late ’60s and ’70s, including such classic rock favorites
as “Joy to the World” and “An Old Fashioned Love Song,” has died at the
age of 80. News of his passing, on Jan. 27, 2023, was posted on the
group’s Facebook page on Jan. 29, noting, “Floyd broke many barriers
both musically and culturally.” No cause of death was given.

In the band’s post, they described Sneed as “an absolutely wonderful
human being, a complete original and a sweetheart of a man. He was also
an extraordinarily unique drummer who brought so much to Three Dog
Night’s sound. Floyd broke many barriers both musically and culturally;
he also influenced countless other drummers with his amazing technique.
He will be greatly missed by all of us in the band and the many
musicians, artists and others he inspired throughout his life.”

The band’s Chuck Negron paid tribute on his Facebook page: “A wonderful
man, friend, and musical peer has passed on to the next part of his
journey. Floyd Sneed was a unique and powerful drummer and more
importantly a kind and special human being. I will always cherish the
times he stayed with my wife Ami and I at our home and the hours we
spent spinning tales of our youth when we were Kings.

“I love you Floyd and I will keep you in my heart always.”

Sneed, born Nov. 22, 1942, in Calgary, Canada, received his first drum
kit from his older sister, who was married at the time to Tommy Chong.
In 1968, two years after Sneed moved to Los Angeles, he met the
vocalists Danny Hutton, Chuck Negron and Cory Wells, and along with
guitarist Ron Morgan, bass player Joe Schermie and keyboardist Jimmy
Greenspoon, formed the band Three Dog Night. (Morgan was replaced by
guitarist Michael Allsup before they recorded their first album.)

Beginning with 1969’s cover of Nilsson’s “One,” and thanks in part to
the versatility of its three lead vocalists, Three Dog Night earned an
astounding eleven Top 10 singles through 1973, including the #1s “Mama
Told Me Not to Come,” “Joy to the World,” and “Black and White.”

As his official biography notes, “the rhythm section in Three Dog Night
became as well known for it’s driving force and the beat as the three
lead vocals were.” Sneed continued with the band until 1974, returning
in the ’80s when the band reunited.

At the time of Sneed’s passing, original members Cory Wells (2015),
Jimmy Greenspoon (2015) and Joe Schermie (2012) had pre-deceased him.

Re: Floyd Sneed,80,Three Dog Night Original Drummer

<tr6qkk$fhr$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16154&group=alt.obituaries#16154

From: le...@main.lekno.ws (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 22:06:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 22:06 UTC

Keith S <keith@home.com> wrote:
> https://bestclassicbands.com/floyd-sneed-obituary-three-dog-night-drummer-1-29-23/
>

> Sneed, born Nov. 22, 1942, in Calgary, Canada, received his first drum
> kit from his older sister, who was married at the time to Tommy Chong.
> In 1968, two years after Sneed moved to Los Angeles, he met the
> vocalists Danny Hutton, Chuck Negron and Cory Wells, and along with
> guitarist Ron Morgan, bass player Joe Schermie and keyboardist Jimmy
> Greenspoon, formed the band Three Dog Night. (Morgan was replaced by
> guitarist Michael Allsup before they recorded their first album.)
>

> At the time of Sneed?s passing, original members Cory Wells (2015),
> Jimmy Greenspoon (2015) and Joe Schermie (2012) had pre-deceased him.

So with a 7 man roster now down by 4,
what's left is ~1.2857 Dog Night?

-=-=-

interests / alt.obituaries / Re: Floyd Sneed,80,Three Dog Night Original Drummer