JOHN PAUL ELECTED POPE!! (George and Ringo miffed.)

interests / alt.obituaries / Author Susan Meachen: Dead or no? Lengthy (and bizarre) article

SubjectAuthor
* Author Susan Meachen: Dead or no? Lengthy (and bizarre) articleJason
`- Re: Author Susan Meachen: Dead or no? Lengthy (and bizarre) articleLouis Epstein

1
Author Susan Meachen: Dead or no? Lengthy (and bizarre) article

<156b365c-891d-4c9e-acb1-98d8d3b2d061n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15789&group=alt.obituaries#15789

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 02:16:15 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Author Susan Meachen: Dead or no? Lengthy (and bizarre) article
From: jsnsmith...@gmail.com (Jason)
 by: Jason - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 10:16 UTC

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/10/us/susan-meachen-romance-author-alive-death-cec/index.html?utm_content=2023-01-10T21%3A00%3A04&utm_term=link&utm_source=twCNN&utm_medium=social

In September 2020, fans and friends of Susan Meachen received devastating news. The romance writer’s Facebook account posted a message saying she had died. A later post claimed she had taken her own life and suggested her actions were the results of online bullying by others in her thriving, close-knit online writing group.

Over the next two years, her fellow writers and loyal followers helped keep her memory alive through her published works. However, her Facebook account made a shocking claim this month: Meachen was still alive, and she wanted to return to writing.

“Let the fun begin,” the post concluded.

The bizarre post plunged Meachen’s fans and fellow writers into confusion and rage. Did the woman they had considered a friend, a colleague and a mentor stage a devastating, years-long ruse? Those who spoke to CNN say the scandal has threatened to upend the trust and collaboration that keeps their independent publishing community going. More than that, their search for answers after years of mourning has only turned up more questions.

REMAINDER OF ARTICLE AT LINK

Re: Author Susan Meachen: Dead or no? Lengthy (and bizarre) article

<tpqmmf$l97$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15826&group=alt.obituaries#15826

From: le...@main.lekno.ws (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 04:29:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Fri, 13 Jan 2023 04:29 UTC

Jason <jsnsmith565@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/10/us/susan-meachen-romance-author-alive-death-cec/index.html?utm_content=2023-01-10T21%3A00%3A04&utm_term=link&utm_source=twCNN&utm_medium=social
>
> In September 2020, fans and friends of Susan Meachen received devastating news. The romance writer?s Facebook account posted a message saying she had died. A later post claimed she had taken her own life and suggested her actions were the results of online bullying by others in her thriving, close-knit online writing group.
>
> Over the next two years, her fellow writers and loyal followers helped keep her memory alive through her published works. However, her Facebook account made a shocking claim this month: Meachen was still alive, and she wanted to return to writing.
>
> ?Let the fun begin,? the post concluded.
>
> The bizarre post plunged Meachen?s fans and fellow writers into confusion and rage. Did the woman they had considered a friend, a colleague and a mentor stage a devastating, years-long ruse? Those who spoke to CNN say the scandal has threatened to upend the trust and collaboration that keeps their independent publishing community going. More than that, their search for answers after years of mourning has only turned up more questions.
>
> REMAINDER OF ARTICLE AT LINK

I am reminded of Henry Earl Singleton,later founder of Teledyne,
faking his death to quit the Stranger Club science fiction group
(a 1940s drama recounted when the surviving members other than him
were the fan guests of honor at the 1989 World Science Fiction
Convention)...in this case there was a supposed fiancee among the
"bereaved".

-=-=-

interests / alt.obituaries / Author Susan Meachen: Dead or no? Lengthy (and bizarre) article