Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 16:09:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Sad A Little To Learn Jessica Macarthur From McNair Class Of 1983
Died In 1998.
From: gregoryc...@gmail.com (Gregory Carr)
 by: Gregory Carr - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 23:09 UTC

Sad A Little To Learn Jessica Macarthur From McNair Class Of 1983 Died In 1998.

The voices in my head were mentioning her name so I looked it up and found the info she is in the annual a few times and I certainly remember her although we never hung out.
============================================================TITAN NEWS · SITEMAP · ARCHIVE · DAILY FIELD REPORT · INTRANET · FORUM

http://www.titanrainbow.com/nwteammcje.html has pictures of her in black and white.

BORN:
October 12, 1965
London, Ontario, Canada
PASSED AWAY:
August 15, 1998
North Vancouver, B C,
Canada

Graduated:
Palmer Jr Secondary,
Richmond, BC
McNair Sr Secondary,
Richmond, BC
Graduated UBC

ODDS & ENDS:
from her TITAN data sheet
Height: 5' 6 1/2" (168cm)
Shoe Size: 7 1/2

SEPT 25, 2011 - found! 9 minutes of raw Jessica audio. Singing, joking, just fooling around on tape. The Lost Studio sessions!
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN...http://www.titanrainbow.com/talent/jessica_mcarthur01.mp3
Most of us in TITAN who knew Jessica, first met her at Matthew McNair Senior Secondary school. Here a young powderkeg of a talent ripped through any and all parts matching energy with all she performed with. It wasn't just her desire it was her style and she retained it throughout her life.

As the only Grade 11 to join the cast in McNair's production of "The Odd Couple" Jessica was not intitally welcomed by the other cast members. It had nothing to do with her but instead that she beat out in audition the person who helped convince the Drama teacher to put on the play, a person who had already played the character the previous year with the other castmates.

It didn't take long however for even the most change-challenged of the group to realize she was the best choice as she seemlessly became "Gwendolyn Pidgeon" meshing perfectly with her "sister Cecily" played by Corinne Hebden. How tough of an act was this? Well not only had Corinne been in the previous version of the play but she was actually English! No matter, Jessica matched her and when it was her line there was no doubt who owned the stage.

Jessica joined TITAN back in it's Cooperative days and did both Production Assistant work as well as bit parts whenever she was able to participate, sadly the bigger projects we all tried to get going either failed to materialize or matured while she was out of town.

Independent of TITAN, Jessica has quite a list of CREDITS and we've included the ones we know of on her CREDITS page.

The hardest part of knowing Jessica was keeping tabs on her, something we were quite successful at until the last year of her life. Having misplaced both her address and her mother's address (which had always helped) we were left in the dark hoping one of us would make another chance encounter with her, rekindling the ties. Sadly it was not to be.

They say the candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long and the shock of losing the light from this particular candle was made only worse by the discovery a year after her passing.

Her notice in the paper - - chanced upon by our of own, unsure if it was indeed her, held and shared when the information could be confirmed - - indicates she had a long struggle with a debilitating illness. On that basis alone we are solemnly comforted that her pain is over and we are equally commited to remembering Jessica as she was, full of spirit, full of life and mischief.

http://www.titanrainbow.com/nwteammcje1.html she wrote poems and had a book made.

CLOSING, OPENING By Jessica McArthur

Fluffy pink animals
scream in the dark
When I crush their diligent selves
into my empty closet
and push the door closed
behind me.

ACTING, STAGE AND FILM CREDITS for Jessica McArthur
COURSES: (known)
Carousel Theatre (2 sessions),
Green Thumb Players
McNAIR Sr Secondary Acting 11 & 12, Stagecraft 11 & 12, Writing & Directing 12. Receiving Grade 11 Drama Award and Grade 12 Richmond Arts Council Bursary
University of British Columbia Drama Department Graduate (degree unknown but presumed B.Arts Theatre, Masters English)
ACTING CREDITS: (known)
Gwendolyn Pidgeon in Theatre McNAIR's presentation of "THE ODD COUPLE" (1981)
Bridgette/Writer in TITAN-RAINBOW's "SOMETHING NEW" (1982)
Catherine in Theatre McNAIR's presentation of "WAITING FOR THE PARADE" (1982)
Chorus Bird/Real Estate Agent in Theatre McNAIR's presentation of Aristophanes: "THE BIRDS" (1982)
Jill in Theatre McNAIR's presentation of "BUTTERFLIES ARE FREE" (1983)
Karoke Girl in RADIO RAINBOW's presentation of "THE RADIO SHOW" (1987)
Gail Quinn in UBC's STAGE CAMPUS '88 Theatre Program presentation of "CRIMINALS IN LOVE" (1988)

PRODUCTION CREDITS: (known)
STAGECREW "The PIGEONS" (1981);
PA "SOMETHING NEW" (1982);
STAGECREW & PROGRAM; Aristophanes: "THE BIRDS" (1982);
PA "AETHER FLEOGAN" (1983);

(Greg: The voices in my head mentioned the Green Thumb players a few times recently. They are a group that used to play in elementary schools. )
https://opengovca.com/vancouver-business/21-113832)

https://www.charitydata.ca/charity/green-thumb-players-society/118947662RR0001/

http://www.titanrainbow.com/nwteammcje2.html

ARCHIVES relating to Jessica McArthur
From the very beginning Jessica was having fun with us. On her PERSONNEL DATA SHEET she correct us, crossing out the word "christian" and replacing it with the words "it's my 1st name, not my christian name".
But the best part was what she put under AREAS OF ACTING OR OTHER INTEREST. For INTEREST she wrote: "INTERESTS: Dancing, writing, skiing, the ocean, travelling, doing things on impulse, having alot of fun, Robert (Bob) Redford, most people, fun times."
But above that were the words: "AREAS: Anything at all unless it includes whips & chains in which case I must be the aggressor."

For us here, perhaps the most touching momento is the photo below. It was taken by Ethel Patricia Davidson, another TITAN we lost recently, of Jessica for her acting portfolio when EP Davidson was taking Photography (Graphic Arts) at McNAIR.
It's a special shot to us here.
http://www.titanrainbow.com/nwteammcje3.html
Places Jessica lived:

London, Ontario
Vancouver, BC
Victoria, BC
Kyoto, Japan
Athens, Greece
Toronto, Ontario
Turkey
Australia
and we believe Mexico
is in there somewhere too.
We're pretty sure she
lived on every continent
except South Africa
and Anarctica.

And we're not putting
them past her either!

OTHER INFORMATION relating to Jessica McArthur
Learning that Jessica had been suffering for so long without having a chance to communicate with her is hard enough, the discovery that she had passed away a year before we learned of it simply highlights for us how easy it is to lose touch with people. We reprint the information from the Vancouver newspaper that was discovered relating to Jessica's passing.
If this news is new to you, we apologize, but believe you have a right to know and a place for reference.

McARTHUR -- Jessica Louise, on 15 August 1998, in North Vancouver, at the age of 32 years after a long struggle with debilitating illness. Survived by her partner Jose (Pepe) Orozco; parents Pamela Temple of Rosedale and William J. McArthur of Vancouver; sister Cecelia Temple (nee McArthur) and nieces Mellissa and Suzanne Corriveau all of Whitehorse, Yukon; half-brother John McArthur; half-sister Heather McArthur; step-parents Douglas A. Carson and B. Lynn Beattie. Service at First Memorial at 602 Kingsway, Vancouver, 2p.m., Saturday, 22 August [1998]. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Canadian Mental Health Association would be greatly appreciated.
http://www.titanrainbow.com/nwteammcje4.html

It happened 23 years ago so I hope everyone has moved on 99% at least but my sympathy and condolences to her family and friends.

(Greg: As a schizophrenic with OCD and adult onset tourette's I have gone to CMHA a few times and found them totally useless and a waste of time. https://www.bcss.org these ppl I found helpful.

Thank you for your generous support!
BC Schizophrenia Society is a Canadian registered charity (charitable number 11880 1141 RR0001) and a charitable tax receipt will be issued to you for your donation.

The gift form below is for a one-time, quarterly or monthly donation to the BC Schizophrenia Society. All donations will be designated to the Area of Greatest Need.

Click here, https://www.gifttool.com/donations/Donate?ID=2002&AID=1869 if you wish to make a donation for Research. Your donation will be made through the BC Schizophrenia Society Foundation, the fundraising arm of BC Schizophrenia Society. I am a regular donor obviously.

Re: Sad A Little To Learn Jessica Macarthur From McNair Class Of 1983 Died In 1998.

<d6392178-132c-425b-933a-4851fa9c0d73n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15563&group=alt.obituaries#15563

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 08:26:21 -0800 (PST)
Died In 1998.
From: cecelia....@gmail.com (Cecelia Griffiths)
 by: Cecelia Griffiths - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 16:26 UTC

On Saturday, 28 August 2021 at 16:09:49 UTC-7, Gregory Carr wrote:
> [...]
>
> (Greg: As a schizophrenic with OCD and adult onset tourette's I have gone to CMHA a few times and found them totally useless and a waste of time. https://www.bcss.org these ppl I found helpful.
>
> Thank you for your generous support!
> BC Schizophrenia Society is a Canadian registered charity (charitable number 11880 1141 RR0001) and a charitable tax receipt will be issued to you for your donation.
>
> The gift form below is for a one-time, quarterly or monthly donation to the BC Schizophrenia Society. All donations will be designated to the Area of Greatest Need.
>
> Click here, https://www.gifttool.com/donations/Donate?ID=2002&AID=1869 if you wish to make a donation for Research. Your donation will be made through the BC Schizophrenia Society Foundation, the fundraising arm of BC Schizophrenia Society. I am a regular donor obviously.

Click here to read the complete article

interests / alt.obituaries / Re: Sad A Little To Learn Jessica Macarthur From McNair Class Of 1983 Died In 1998.