The important thing to remember about walking on eggs is not to hop.

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: [AI Rule #1] Thomas Friedman: Why Ukraine and Gaza Are Even Bigger Than You Think

SubjectAuthor
* [AI Rule #1] Thomas Friedman: Why Ukraine and Gaza Are Even Bigger Than You Thinltlee1
+- Re: [AI Rule #1] Thomas Friedman: Why Ukraine and Gaza Are Even Bigger Than You bmoore
`- Re: [AI Rule #1] Thomas Friedman: Why Ukraine and Gaza Are Even Bigger Than You ltlee1

1
[AI Rule #1] Thomas Friedman: Why Ukraine and Gaza Are Even Bigger Than You Think

<7f128efe-1a4e-4eeb-b469-42aaba923fc1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14418&group=soc.culture.china#14418

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 07:46:21 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [AI Rule #1] Thomas Friedman: Why Ukraine and Gaza Are Even Bigger
Than You Think
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 15:46 UTC

"There are many ways to explain the two biggest conflicts in the world today, but my own shorthand has been that Ukraine wants to join the West and Israel wants to join the Arab East — and Russia, with Iran’s help, is trying to stop the first, and Iran and Hamas are trying to stop the second."

Actually, it is simpler. It is so simple that one could fashion AI Rule #1 about humans. All other things being equal, getting rich.

Ukraine wants to join the West because Ukrainians want to be wealthy. For non-ethnic Russians without manufacturing and/or trading connection with Russia and its near-aboard friends, joining the West which is wealth is an easy way out. The same for Israel wish to join Arab East which is oil rich.

How about AI Rule #2?
Ukrainians, at least for non-ethnic Russians, they in gerenal might not mind treating ethnic Russians badly. Israelis, in general, don't mind treating Palestinians badly too.

Re: [AI Rule #1] Thomas Friedman: Why Ukraine and Gaza Are Even Bigger Than You Think

<e4afa06e-f321-423d-88cc-09bda6593287n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14420&group=soc.culture.china#14420

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 12:00:49 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [AI Rule #1] Thomas Friedman: Why Ukraine and Gaza Are Even
Bigger Than You Think
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 20:00 UTC

On Thursday, January 25, 2024 at 7:46:23 AM UTC-8, ltlee1 wrote:
> "There are many ways to explain the two biggest conflicts in the world today, but my own shorthand has been that Ukraine wants to join the West and Israel wants to join the Arab East — and Russia, with Iran’s help, is trying to stop the first, and Iran and Hamas are trying to stop the second."
>
> Actually, it is simpler. It is so simple that one could fashion AI Rule #1 about humans. All other things being equal, getting rich.

AI rule #1 is about the ability to perceive the environment. Nothing to do with getting rich.

> Ukraine wants to join the West because Ukrainians want to be wealthy. For non-ethnic Russians without manufacturing and/or trading connection with Russia and its near-aboard friends, joining the West which is wealth is an easy way out.

No, the Ukrainians want to be free.

> The same for Israel wish to join Arab East which is oil rich.

Weird comment.

> How about AI Rule #2?
> Ukrainians, at least for non-ethnic Russians, they in gerenal might not mind treating ethnic Russians badly. Israelis, in general, don't mind treating Palestinians badly too.

Re: [AI Rule #1] Thomas Friedman: Why Ukraine and Gaza Are Even Bigger Than You Think

<a35b3c23-fc29-4cb0-93ca-47fac5525351n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14458&group=soc.culture.china#14458

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 08:47:00 -0800 (PST)
Bigger Than You Think
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 16:47 UTC

On Thursday, January 25, 2024 at 10:46:23 AM UTC-5, ltlee1 wrote:
> "There are many ways to explain the two biggest conflicts in the world today, but my own shorthand has been that Ukraine wants to join the West and Israel wants to join the Arab East — and Russia, with Iran’s help, is trying to stop the first, and Iran and Hamas are trying to stop the second."
>
> Actually, it is simpler. It is so simple that one could fashion AI Rule #1 about humans. All other things being equal, getting rich.
>
> Ukraine wants to join the West because Ukrainians want to be wealthy. For non-ethnic Russians without manufacturing and/or trading connection with Russia and its near-aboard friends, joining the West which is wealth is an easy way out. The same for Israel wish to join Arab East which is oil rich.
>
> How about AI Rule #2?
> Ukrainians, at least for non-ethnic Russians, they in gerenal might not mind treating ethnic Russians badly. Israelis, in general, don't mind treating Palestinians badly too.

AI Rule #3 on human behavior regarding R2P (responsibility to protect ) is more questionable.

"The Responsibility to Protect (R2P or RtoP) is a global political commitment which was endorsed by the United Nations General Assembly at the 2005 World Summit in order to address its four key concerns to prevent genocide, war crimes, ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity.[1][2] The doctrine is regarded as a unanimous and well-established international norm over the past two decades.[3]

The principle of the Responsibility to Protect is based upon the underlying premise that sovereignty entails a responsibility to protect all populations from mass atrocity crimes and human rights violations.[4][5][6] The principle is based on a respect for the norms and principles of international law, especially the underlying principles of law relating to sovereignty, peace and security, human rights, and armed conflict.[7][8] The R2P has three pillars:

Pillar I: The protection responsibilities of the state – "Each individual state has the responsibility to protect its population from genocide, war crimes, ethnic cleansing, and crimes against humanity"
Pillar II: International assistance and capacity-building – States pledge to assist each other in their protection responsibilities
Pillar III: Timely and decisive collective response – If any state is "manifestly failing" in its protection responsibilities, then states should take collective action to protect the population.[9][10]" (from Wikepedia)

The ICJ rule on Israel Genocide case seems to give Israel another month of indiscriminately killing. Else, the ruling could be cease fire now.
Submit a plan to support Israel's claim that further killing would not be violate the principle of its R2P regarding Gazan civilians.