You had some happiness once, but your parents moved away, and you had to leave it behind.

interests / soc.culture.china / ‘Our System Needs to Be Broken, and He Is the Man to Do It’

SubjectAuthor
* ‘Our System Needs to Be Broken, and He Is the Man to Do It’ltlee1
`* Re: ‘Our System Needs to Be Broken, and He Is the Man to Do It’ltlee1
 +- Re: ‘Our System Needs to Be Broken, and He Is the Man to Do It’ltlee1
 `- Re: ‘Our System Needs to Be Broken, and He Is the Man to Do It’ltlee1

1
‘Our System Needs to Be Broken, and He Is the Man to Do It’

<d95b47f9-0e5a-43e8-a28b-0e429ab7c9bdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14419&group=soc.culture.china#14419

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 11:44:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: ‘Our_System_Needs_to_Be_Broken,_and_He_Is_the_Man_
to_Do_It’_
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 19:44 UTC

"BEDFORD, N.H. — “This,” Ted Johnson told me, “is what I hope.” We were here the other day at a bar not far from his house, and we were talking about Donald Trump and the possibility he could be the president again by this time next year. “He breaks the system,” he said, “he exposes the deep state, and it’s going to be a miserable four years for everybody.”

“For everybody?” I said.

“Everybody.”

“For you?”

“I think his policies are going to be good,” he said, “but it’s going to be hard to watch this happen to our country.. He’s going to pull it apart.”

The notion that somebody might wish for the country’s dismantling would have sounded shocking coming from anybody, but it was especially jarring coming from Johnson. Because I was at a Nikki Haley town hall at the VFW in nearby Merrimack in the first week of September when Johnson stood up and asked her a question. He introduced himself as an independent voter and a retired soldier and said it felt like the nation was “in a civil war” and that some of his neighbors would hate him if he so much as put up a sign for her in his yard. On his mind, too, was his estrangement from his older brother — a rift the former president had done nothing but widen. He wanted to hear Haley’s plan “to pull us all back together.”

So Johnson’s journey from that VFW last fall to how he says he’s set to vote this week — a four-and-a-half-month turnabout from literally wanting to “pull us back together” to literally wanting to “pull it apart” — offers as instructive an insight as I’ve yet encountered into how on earth we are where we are. Trump could be just a disgraced ex-president facing time in prison.
“He’s a wrecking ball,” Johnson told me here at the place he chose called the Copper Door.

“Everybody’s going to say, ‘Trump is divisive,’” he said, “and he’s going to split the country in half.” He looked at me. “We got it,” he said.

It’s what the Ted Johnsons want."

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/01/22/new-hampshire-primary-voter-00136850

Re: ‘Our System Needs to Be Broken, and He Is the Man to Do It’

<c8eb0cc6-91b7-4c6e-8600-d005a919c9f5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14453&group=soc.culture.china#14453

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 15:08:30 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_‘Our_System_Needs_to_Be_Broken,_and_He_Is_the_
Man_to_Do_It’
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 23:08 UTC

On Thursday, January 25, 2024 at 2:44:13 PM UTC-5, ltlee1 wrote:
> "BEDFORD, N.H. — “This,” Ted Johnson told me, “is what I hope.” We were here the other day at a bar not far from his house, and we were talking about Donald Trump and the possibility he could be the president again by this time next year. “He breaks the system,” he said, “he exposes the deep state, and it’s going to be a miserable four years for everybody.”
>
> “For everybody?” I said.
>
> “Everybody.”
>
> “For you?”
>
> “I think his policies are going to be good,” he said, “but it’s going to be hard to watch this happen to our country.. He’s going to pull it apart.”
>
> The notion that somebody might wish for the country’s dismantling would have sounded shocking coming from anybody, but it was especially jarring coming from Johnson. Because I was at a Nikki Haley town hall at the VFW in nearby Merrimack in the first week of September when Johnson stood up and asked her a question. He introduced himself as an independent voter and a retired soldier and said it felt like the nation was “in a civil war” and that some of his neighbors would hate him if he so much as put up a sign for her in his yard. On his mind, too, was his estrangement from his older brother — a rift the former president had done nothing but widen. He wanted to hear Haley’s plan “to pull us all back together.”
>
> So Johnson’s journey from that VFW last fall to how he says he’s set to vote this week — a four-and-a-half-month turnabout from literally wanting to “pull us back together” to literally wanting to “pull it apart” — offers as instructive an insight as I’ve yet encountered into how on earth we are where we are. Trump could be just a disgraced ex-president facing time in prison.
> “He’s a wrecking ball,” Johnson told me here at the place he chose called the Copper Door.
>
> “Everybody’s going to say, ‘Trump is divisive,’” he said, “and he’s going to split the country in half.” He looked at me. “We got it,” he said.
>
> It’s what the Ted Johnsons want."
>
> https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/01/22/new-hampshire-primary-voter-00136850

Already breaking?
Briefly, Texas Governor used the Texas National Guard to defy a Supreme Court order. Biden was urged to federalize Texas Guard.
In response, Texas Governor Greg Abbott said that "President Joe Biden federalizing the National Guard would be a total disaster."
Greg Abbot is backed by 25 GOP state governors.

https://www.newsweek.com/federalize-texas-national-guard-joe-biden-greg-abbott-1864537

Re: ‘Our System Needs to Be Broken, and He Is the Man to Do It’

<cd0da539-5f2d-4069-bad0-053fa3f2509dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14455&group=soc.culture.china#14455

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 08:16:54 -0800 (PST)
Man_to_Do_It’
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 16:16 UTC

On Saturday, January 27, 2024 at 6:08:32 PM UTC-5, ltlee1 wrote:
> On Thursday, January 25, 2024 at 2:44:13 PM UTC-5, ltlee1 wrote:
> > "BEDFORD, N.H. — “This,” Ted Johnson told me, “is what I hope.” We were here the other day at a bar not far from his house, and we were talking about Donald Trump and the possibility he could be the president again by this time next year. “He breaks the system,” he said, “he exposes the deep state, and it’s going to be a miserable four years for everybody.”
> >
> > “For everybody?” I said.
> >
> > “Everybody.”
> >
> > “For you?”
> >
> > “I think his policies are going to be good,” he said, “but it’s going to be hard to watch this happen to our country. He’s going to pull it apart.”
> >
> > The notion that somebody might wish for the country’s dismantling would have sounded shocking coming from anybody, but it was especially jarring coming from Johnson. Because I was at a Nikki Haley town hall at the VFW in nearby Merrimack in the first week of September when Johnson stood up and asked her a question. He introduced himself as an independent voter and a retired soldier and said it felt like the nation was “in a civil war” and that some of his neighbors would hate him if he so much as put up a sign for her in his yard. On his mind, too, was his estrangement from his older brother — a rift the former president had done nothing but widen. He wanted to hear Haley’s plan “to pull us all back together.”
> >
> > So Johnson’s journey from that VFW last fall to how he says he’s set to vote this week — a four-and-a-half-month turnabout from literally wanting to “pull us back together” to literally wanting to “pull it apart” — offers as instructive an insight as I’ve yet encountered into how on earth we are where we are. Trump could be just a disgraced ex-president facing time in prison.
> > “He’s a wrecking ball,” Johnson told me here at the place he chose called the Copper Door.
> >
> > “Everybody’s going to say, ‘Trump is divisive,’” he said, “and he’s going to split the country in half.” He looked at me. “We got it,” he said.
> >
> > It’s what the Ted Johnsons want."
> >
> > https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/01/22/new-hampshire-primary-voter-00136850
> Already breaking?
> Briefly, Texas Governor used the Texas National Guard to defy a Supreme Court order. Biden was urged to federalize Texas Guard.
> In response, Texas Governor Greg Abbott said that "President Joe Biden federalizing the National Guard would be a total disaster."
> Greg Abbot is backed by 25 GOP state governors.
>
> https://www.newsweek.com/federalize-texas-national-guard-joe-biden-greg-abbott-1864537

America's immigrants/refugees from its southern border mess showcases American procedural democracy is not
working well. National leaders are too busy in winning elections. They do not pay enough attention in solving people's
problems. The so called free press is not helping. In short, American democracy needs reform wholesale. Reform
retail via the court takes too long.

Re: ‘Our System Needs to Be Broken, and He Is the Man to Do It’

<1daa0b2e-b35b-49cf-bcf7-592a0fd67db7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14478&group=soc.culture.china#14478

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 13:04:53 -0800 (PST)
Man_to_Do_It’
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 21:04 UTC

On Saturday, January 27, 2024 at 6:08:32 PM UTC-5, ltlee1 wrote:
> On Thursday, January 25, 2024 at 2:44:13 PM UTC-5, ltlee1 wrote:
> > "BEDFORD, N.H. — “This,” Ted Johnson told me, “is what I hope.” We were here the other day at a bar not far from his house, and we were talking about Donald Trump and the possibility he could be the president again by this time next year. “He breaks the system,” he said, “he exposes the deep state, and it’s going to be a miserable four years for everybody.”
> >
> > “For everybody?” I said.
> >
> > “Everybody.”
> >
> > “For you?”
> >
> > “I think his policies are going to be good,” he said, “but it’s going to be hard to watch this happen to our country. He’s going to pull it apart.”
> >
> > The notion that somebody might wish for the country’s dismantling would have sounded shocking coming from anybody, but it was especially jarring coming from Johnson. Because I was at a Nikki Haley town hall at the VFW in nearby Merrimack in the first week of September when Johnson stood up and asked her a question. He introduced himself as an independent voter and a retired soldier and said it felt like the nation was “in a civil war” and that some of his neighbors would hate him if he so much as put up a sign for her in his yard. On his mind, too, was his estrangement from his older brother — a rift the former president had done nothing but widen. He wanted to hear Haley’s plan “to pull us all back together.”
> >
> > So Johnson’s journey from that VFW last fall to how he says he’s set to vote this week — a four-and-a-half-month turnabout from literally wanting to “pull us back together” to literally wanting to “pull it apart” — offers as instructive an insight as I’ve yet encountered into how on earth we are where we are. Trump could be just a disgraced ex-president facing time in prison.
> > “He’s a wrecking ball,” Johnson told me here at the place he chose called the Copper Door.
> >
> > “Everybody’s going to say, ‘Trump is divisive,’” he said, “and he’s going to split the country in half.” He looked at me. “We got it,” he said.
> >
> > It’s what the Ted Johnsons want."
> >
> > https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/01/22/new-hampshire-primary-voter-00136850
> Already breaking?
> Briefly, Texas Governor used the Texas National Guard to defy a Supreme Court order. Biden was urged to federalize Texas Guard.
> In response, Texas Governor Greg Abbott said that "President Joe Biden federalizing the National Guard would be a total disaster."
> Greg Abbot is backed by 25 GOP state governors.
>
> https://www.newsweek.com/federalize-texas-national-guard-joe-biden-greg-abbott-1864537

Getting physical?

"Thousands of people will reportedly converge on the southern border this week as part of a convoy seeking to stop migrants illegally entering the U.S..

It comes amid Texas' escalating feud with the Biden administration over immigration enforcement. Last week, the Supreme Court allowed Border Patrol agents to resume cutting razor wire that Texas installed along a stretch of the U.S.-Mexico border. The wire was among a series of aggressive measures that Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has taken at the border in a bid to curb illegal crossings. He remained defiant despite the high court's ruling, saying Texas had a "constitutional right to self-defense."

Now, the "Take Our Border Back Convoy" is heading to border towns in Texas, Arizona and California to call on the government to secure the southern border.

The group, which is organizing on the Telegram platform, has billed the convoy and accompanying rallies as "peaceful assembly and prayer."

https://www.newsweek.com/take-our-border-back-convoy-descend-texas-1864790

interests / soc.culture.china / ‘Our System Needs to Be Broken, and He Is the Man to Do It’