If life is merely a joke, the question still remains: for whose amusement?

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: UN Protectorate In Gaza Is Not A Solution, Says Guterres

SubjectAuthor
* UN Protectorate In Gaza Is Not A Solution, Says Guterresltlee1
+* Re: UN Protectorate In Gaza Is Not A Solution, Says Guterresltlee1
|`* Re: UN Protectorate In Gaza Is Not A Solution, Says Guterresltlee1
| `- Re: UN Protectorate In Gaza Is Not A Solution, Says Guterresbmoore
`- Re: UN Protectorate In Gaza Is Not A Solution, Says Guterresltlee1

1
UN Protectorate In Gaza Is Not A Solution, Says Guterres

<79984f1a-ba9d-444f-8562-e323e0b636bbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14071&group=soc.culture.china#14071

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2023 11:02:03 -0800 (PST)
Subject: UN Protectorate In Gaza Is Not A Solution, Says Guterres
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 9 Dec 2023 19:02 UTC

"A UN protectorate in Gaza would not solve the conflict there, the body's Secretary-General said Monday, calling instead for a "transition period" involving Arab nations and the United States and leading to a two-state solution.

Antonio Guterres said it was "important to be able to transform this tragedy into an opportunity" -- which, for him, meant moving "in a determined and irreversible way to a two-state solution."

This means, after the current war between Israel and Hamas fighters in Gaza ends, "a strengthened Palestinian Authority, assuming responsibilities in Gaza," he said.

But the Palestinian Authority cannot go into Gaza backed by Israeli tanks, he added -- meaning the "international community needs to look into a transition period."

"I do not think that a UN protectorate in Gaza is a solution," however, Guterres said.

Instead, he called for a "multi-stakeholder approach" that would see the US act as the "main guarantor" of Israel's security, while Arab nations are "essential" to support Palestinians.

"Everybody needs to come together to create the conditions for the transition, allowing for a strengthened Palestinian Authority to assume responsibilities in Gaza," and from there to a two-state solution, he said."

https://www.barrons.com/news/un-protectorate-in-gaza-is-not-a-solution-says-guterres-71b27f3e

Re: UN Protectorate In Gaza Is Not A Solution, Says Guterres

<1c841b0c-0583-4e36-b4c4-05e35ecbe16en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14142&group=soc.culture.china#14142

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 14:18:31 -0800 (PST)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 22:18 UTC

On Saturday, December 9, 2023 at 7:02:05 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:
> "A UN protectorate in Gaza would not solve the conflict there, the body's Secretary-General said Monday, calling instead for a "transition period" involving Arab nations and the United States and leading to a two-state solution.
>
> Antonio Guterres said it was "important to be able to transform this tragedy into an opportunity" -- which, for him, meant moving "in a determined and irreversible way to a two-state solution."
>
> This means, after the current war between Israel and Hamas fighters in Gaza ends, "a strengthened Palestinian Authority, assuming responsibilities in Gaza," he said.
>
> But the Palestinian Authority cannot go into Gaza backed by Israeli tanks, he added -- meaning the "international community needs to look into a transition period."
>
> "I do not think that a UN protectorate in Gaza is a solution," however, Guterres said.
>
> Instead, he called for a "multi-stakeholder approach" that would see the US act as the "main guarantor" of Israel's security, while Arab nations are "essential" to support Palestinians.
>
> "Everybody needs to come together to create the conditions for the transition, allowing for a strengthened Palestinian Authority to assume responsibilities in Gaza," and from there to a two-state solution, he said."
>
> https://www.barrons.com/news/un-protectorate-in-gaza-is-not-a-solution-says-guterres-71b27f3e

Arab nations and the United States have been involved for decades. Not the crisis has deepened.
At present, China could contribute positively on the long run by making Gaza-West Bank into another
hub of the BRI.

Re: UN Protectorate In Gaza Is Not A Solution, Says Guterres

<03d52e1b-acb2-45cf-95a3-c7f40d596fd3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14181&group=soc.culture.china#14181

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 08:27:59 -0800 (PST)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 16:27 UTC

On Sunday, December 17, 2023 at 10:18:33 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:
> On Saturday, December 9, 2023 at 7:02:05 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:
> > "A UN protectorate in Gaza would not solve the conflict there, the body's Secretary-General said Monday, calling instead for a "transition period" involving Arab nations and the United States and leading to a two-state solution.
> >
> > Antonio Guterres said it was "important to be able to transform this tragedy into an opportunity" -- which, for him, meant moving "in a determined and irreversible way to a two-state solution."
> >
> > This means, after the current war between Israel and Hamas fighters in Gaza ends, "a strengthened Palestinian Authority, assuming responsibilities in Gaza," he said.
> >
> > But the Palestinian Authority cannot go into Gaza backed by Israeli tanks, he added -- meaning the "international community needs to look into a transition period."
> >
> > "I do not think that a UN protectorate in Gaza is a solution," however, Guterres said.
> >
> > Instead, he called for a "multi-stakeholder approach" that would see the US act as the "main guarantor" of Israel's security, while Arab nations are "essential" to support Palestinians.
> >
> > "Everybody needs to come together to create the conditions for the transition, allowing for a strengthened Palestinian Authority to assume responsibilities in Gaza," and from there to a two-state solution, he said."
> >
> > https://www.barrons.com/news/un-protectorate-in-gaza-is-not-a-solution-says-guterres-71b27f3e
> Arab nations and the United States have been involved for decades. Not the crisis has deepened.
> At present, China could contribute positively on the long run by making Gaza-West Bank into another
> hub of the BRI.

If Palestine becomes China's protectorate, China could develop the land and help the people escape poverty
in a hurry. Of course, the prerequisite is that they have to forsake violence. And China would not be involved in
terroritorial issues. Those would be left to the two peoples, Israelis and Palestinians, to sort them out later.
Other nations, especially, the Gulf Council Nations have to agree with such a solution. Stop the cycles of violence
first. Followed by developing the people and the land, political and sovereignty the last.

Re: UN Protectorate In Gaza Is Not A Solution, Says Guterres

<db8cd7f3-d61c-4aad-a687-60f9f36e6031n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14184&group=soc.culture.china#14184

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 14:29:25 -0800 (PST)
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 22:29 UTC

On Saturday, December 23, 2023 at 8:28:01 AM UTC-8, ltlee1 wrote:
> On Sunday, December 17, 2023 at 10:18:33 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:
> > On Saturday, December 9, 2023 at 7:02:05 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:
> > > "A UN protectorate in Gaza would not solve the conflict there, the body's Secretary-General said Monday, calling instead for a "transition period" involving Arab nations and the United States and leading to a two-state solution.
> > >
> > > Antonio Guterres said it was "important to be able to transform this tragedy into an opportunity" -- which, for him, meant moving "in a determined and irreversible way to a two-state solution."
> > >
> > > This means, after the current war between Israel and Hamas fighters in Gaza ends, "a strengthened Palestinian Authority, assuming responsibilities in Gaza," he said.
> > >
> > > But the Palestinian Authority cannot go into Gaza backed by Israeli tanks, he added -- meaning the "international community needs to look into a transition period."
> > >
> > > "I do not think that a UN protectorate in Gaza is a solution," however, Guterres said.
> > >
> > > Instead, he called for a "multi-stakeholder approach" that would see the US act as the "main guarantor" of Israel's security, while Arab nations are "essential" to support Palestinians.
> > >
> > > "Everybody needs to come together to create the conditions for the transition, allowing for a strengthened Palestinian Authority to assume responsibilities in Gaza," and from there to a two-state solution, he said."
> > >
> > > https://www.barrons.com/news/un-protectorate-in-gaza-is-not-a-solution-says-guterres-71b27f3e
> > Arab nations and the United States have been involved for decades. Not the crisis has deepened.
> > At present, China could contribute positively on the long run by making Gaza-West Bank into another
> > hub of the BRI.
> If Palestine becomes China's protectorate, China could develop the land and help the people escape poverty
> in a hurry. Of course, the prerequisite is that they have to forsake violence. And China would not be involved in
> terroritorial issues. Those would be left to the two peoples, Israelis and Palestinians, to sort them out later.
> Other nations, especially, the Gulf Council Nations have to agree with such a solution. Stop the cycles of violence
> first. Followed by developing the people and the land, political and sovereignty the last.

1) China has wreaked havoc on HK, Tibet, etc. Now they're supposed to try it again with Gaza? Imagine...
2) Gaza won't renounce violence, period. Not in practice. Imagine that mess..

Re: UN Protectorate In Gaza Is Not A Solution, Says Guterres

<da8ff90d-d98a-4847-9b34-901c63a265een@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14357&group=soc.culture.china#14357

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 07:48:07 -0800 (PST)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 15:48 UTC

On Saturday, December 9, 2023 at 2:02:05 PM UTC-5, ltlee1 wrote:
> "A UN protectorate in Gaza would not solve the conflict there, the body's Secretary-General said Monday, calling instead for a "transition period" involving Arab nations and the United States and leading to a two-state solution.
>
> Antonio Guterres said it was "important to be able to transform this tragedy into an opportunity" -- which, for him, meant moving "in a determined and irreversible way to a two-state solution."
>
> This means, after the current war between Israel and Hamas fighters in Gaza ends, "a strengthened Palestinian Authority, assuming responsibilities in Gaza," he said.
>
> But the Palestinian Authority cannot go into Gaza backed by Israeli tanks, he added -- meaning the "international community needs to look into a transition period."
>
> "I do not think that a UN protectorate in Gaza is a solution," however, Guterres said.
>
> Instead, he called for a "multi-stakeholder approach" that would see the US act as the "main guarantor" of Israel's security, while Arab nations are "essential" to support Palestinians.
>
> "Everybody needs to come together to create the conditions for the transition, allowing for a strengthened Palestinian Authority to assume responsibilities in Gaza," and from there to a two-state solution, he said."
>
> https://www.barrons.com/news/un-protectorate-in-gaza-is-not-a-solution-says-guterres-71b27f3e

"China has called for a more authoritative and effective Israel-Palestine peace conference and road map to implement a two-state solution, as Tel Aviv’s assault on the Gaza Strip continues.

Speaking to reporters on Sunday, China’s Foreign Minister, Wang Yi, said the international community should “listen” carefully to the legitimate concerns in the Middle East, the Middle East Monitor reported.

“China calls for the convening of a larger-scale, more authoritative and more effective international peace conference, the formulation of a specific timetable and road map for the implementation of the ‘two-state solution’, and support for the prompt resumption of Israel-Palestinian peace talks,” Wang said, as quoted by Reuters news agency.

China and Egypt call for a ceasefire. pic.twitter.com/RQTvys1gLA

— Omar Sakr (@omarsakrpoet) January 15, 2024

His comments came after meetings with his Egyptian counterpart, Sameh Shoukry, in Cairo.

A Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson reportedly said on Monday that the road map needed to be “binding”.

“As for the timing and venue of the conference and where it will be hosted, I think it needs to be determined by all parties through consultation,” Mao Ning said at a regular news conference in Beijing, MEMO reported.

“China also welcomes the active role of the United Nations in this regard,” she said.

China’s top diplomat also on Sunday held talks with the secretary-general of the Arab League on the Gaza conflict and expressed concerns over the Red Sea.

“Influential countries, in particular, need to play an objective, impartial and constructive role in this regard,” the two diplomats said in a joint statement released on Monday by the Chinese foreign ministry..

Last week, Wang said President Xi Jinping had “in-depth communication” with the leaders of Saudi Arabia and Iran to persuade them to let go of past grievances, according to MEMO. He reportedly added that their restoration of ties in 2023 had set off a “wave of reconciliation” across the Middle East.

Wang is currently traveling through Egypt, Tunisia, Togo, and the Ivory Coast until Thursday."

https://www.palestinechronicle.com/china-urges-israel-palestine-peace-conference-road-map/

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: UN Protectorate In Gaza Is Not A Solution, Says Guterres