From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.philosophy.taoism, soc.culture.taiwan, alt.politics.religion, soc.culture.china, talk.politics.china
Subject: The World radio segment on politics and Taoism in Taiwan
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 02:37:43 -0330
 by: David Dalton - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 06:07 UTC

On the December 20 edition of The World there was a segment entitled
"In Taiwan, the gods have a grip on politics” by Patrick Winn with summary

"Taiwan is replete with Taoist temples: sacred grounds where the faithful
seek blessings. Recently, politicians have been seeking both the gods' and
voters' favor. Election season is in high gear — Taiwan chooses its next
government on Jan. 13 — and candidates are converging on temples,
demonstrating their piety to the public. The World’s Patrick Winn follows a
would-be lawmaker facing a tough race, as she campaigns at a Taoist
temple.”

There is a button to play the radio segment at

https://theworld.org/media/2023-12-20/taiwan-gods-have-grip-politics

or

http://tinyurl.com/4rr8vusf .

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
"And if I shed a tear I won’t cage it; I won't fear love;

interests / soc.culture.china / The World radio segment on politics and Taoism in Taiwan