From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Subject: Re: Molded wood -vs- plastic toilet seat
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 22:30:05 -0800
 by: The Real Bev - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 06:30 UTC

On 01/18/2022 06:01 PM, Qas wrote:
> they are not more durable than plastic. Plastic seats last longer as they dont discolour or stain

We had a real oak one for a while. Ultimately it cracked, giving the
back of my leg a nasty pinch. The plastic one (lowers slowly by itself,
as if we weren't capable of lowering it ourselves without a loud crash)
that came with the toilet is thin plastic that relies on structure for
strength -- and I feel really unsafe standing on it to reach the top
shelf over the toilet. In addition, the underside is a real bitch to
clean.

Why does anyone ever design a surface that needs to be cleaned WITH
COMPLEX NOOKS AND CRANNIES? WTF do they teach in design school -- that
we LIKE to clean?

--
Cheers, Bev
"You can make a signature quote seem authoritative by

interests / misc.consumers.frugal-living / Re: Molded wood -vs- plastic toilet seat