Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 12:16:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: New, modern, advanced, improved
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 19:16 UTC

I watched another Carson tonight with "Gabriel Kaplan" before he did the Kotter thing. His standup is generally not very good. But tonight he did a 10 minute impersonation of Ed Sullivan drunk out of his skull introducing a variety of acts with stuff like, "Ok, our next act is a Negro doing some soul crap for you."

Other "inapropriate" intros of minorities and other social unfortunates were presented. The bit had it's moments.

I see this sort of stuff in a lots of older movies and TV show. The watchdogs have not latched on to it for whatever reason. It's minor stuff, but if it happened today they'd be all over it.

It is funny how people today see themselves as open and tolerant but are censor bigots at heart. Even Kaplan himself would probably come out against the stuff he did that night, especially if done by somebody else.

"Today we are very open- minded and progressive and cannot allow the narrowmindedness of yesterday to permeate our world." ..... Nostrodamus - 1432 or like whenever, man - I mean like way back, Dads, like way in time .

Narrowmindedness: "N word #648."

Nostrodamus: "N word 1,862."

Re: New, modern, advanced, improved

<16d58801-24f3-4e48-a98e-d10187a0eb0bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1371&group=alt.life.sucks#1371

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 20:08:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: New, modern, advanced, improved
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 03:08 UTC

On Saturday, June 19, 2021 at 3:16:04 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> I watched another Carson tonight with "Gabriel Kaplan" before he did the Kotter thing. His standup is generally not very good. But tonight he did a 10 minute impersonation of Ed Sullivan drunk out of his skull introducing a variety of acts with stuff like, "Ok, our next act is a Negro doing some soul crap for you."
>
> Other "inapropriate" intros of minorities and other social unfortunates were presented. The bit had it's moments.
>
> I see this sort of stuff in a lots of older movies and TV show. The watchdogs have not latched on to it for whatever reason. It's minor stuff, but if it happened today they'd be all over it.
>
> It is funny how people today see themselves as open and tolerant but are censor bigots at heart. Even Kaplan himself would probably come out against the stuff he did that night, especially if done by somebody else.
>
> "Today we are very open- minded and progressive and cannot allow the narrowmindedness of yesterday to permeate our world." ..... Nostrodamus - 1432 or like whenever, man - I mean like way back, Dads, like way in time .
>
> Narrowmindedness: "N word #648."
>
> Nostrodamus: "N word 1,862."

What happens if you are new and do not know what N word is being forbidden. Maybe this is why some immigrants talk funny - trying to avoid the words they think are offensive.

Re: New, modern, advanced, improved

<6c83d217-ed0f-40e1-af4d-3488f54be204n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1372&group=alt.life.sucks#1372

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 20:51:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 03:51 UTC

> What happens if you are new and do not know what N word is being forbidden. Maybe this is why some immigrants talk funny - trying to avoid the words they think are offensive.

Who are you to say immigrants talk funny? What do you mean by that? My grandparents were immigrants. But you're right, they do talk funny. So what? Does that make them bad people? Here you are once again trying to stir the pot with your usual hate and bigotry. We need immigrants in this newsgroup to referee our disputes. Outsiders to settle our infighting. We need diversity. The immigrants will enjoy full term membership but will be allowed to post only if things between us get heated and we need an unbiased third voice to keep us in line. To immigrant membership I vote "Yea." I know you'll vote "Nay" just to be different. See, this proves my point. Our disagreements would end quickly and fairly with an unbiased immigrant voice in the mix. They are fair people because they are new to the land and don't want to make enemies. Therefore they are the best Judges. Got to get them now before they have a chance to be corrupted. So that is my plan, to get a few immigrants and minorities in here to make things more fair and honest for all of us.

Know what I'm sayin homes?

interests / alt.life.sucks / Re: New, modern, advanced, improved