You'll be called to a post requiring ability in handling groups of people.

interests / misc.consumers.frugal-living / "Childless Adults Are Lone Group Taxed Into Poverty"

SubjectAuthor
* "Childless Adults Are Lone Group Taxed Into Poverty"Lenona
+- Re: "Childless Adults Are Lone Group Taxed Into Poverty"Bob F
`- Re: "Childless Adults Are Lone Group Taxed Into Poverty"The Real Bev

1
"Childless Adults Are Lone Group Taxed Into Poverty"

<6a25c456-b2b1-4200-b702-3e3b0364e94bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1366&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#1366

Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 13:02:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: "Childless Adults Are Lone Group Taxed Into Poverty"
From: lenona...@yahoo.com (Lenona)
 by: Lenona - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 21:02 UTC

The study is from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. (It's not that long.)

https://www.cbpp.org/research/federal-tax/childless-adults-are-lone-group-taxed-into-poverty

Excerpt:

"Childless Worker With Income at Poverty Line Owes $1,000 in Federal Taxes"

From Reddit:

"Here is an interesting link to a study about how childless adults are the only group in the US that are intentionally taxed further into poverty. And there are groups advocating taxing the childless/childfree more, regardless of why they are CF."

https://www.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/s5ejlc/here_is_an_interesting_link_to_a_study_about_how/

More than 100 comments.

Of course, not having children prevents a lot of expenses. However, I, for one, have known at least two well-educated, unmarried, childfree men (now in their 50s - they don't know each other) who have had a great deal of trouble making ends meet and who couldn't get the help they needed from the state, precisely because they don't have children.

And, haven't we all heard of single millennials who ALREADY have to work 60 hours a week or more and so they don't see how they could possibly afford a family, let alone have any "family time"?

Re: "Childless Adults Are Lone Group Taxed Into Poverty"

<ss4s61$5uv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1368&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#1368

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 14:56:00 -0800
 by: Bob F - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 22:56 UTC

On 1/17/2022 1:02 PM, Lenona wrote:
> The study is from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. (It's not that long.)
>
> https://www.cbpp.org/research/federal-tax/childless-adults-are-lone-group-taxed-into-poverty
>
> Excerpt:
>
> "Childless Worker With Income at Poverty Line Owes $1,000 in Federal Taxes"
>
> From Reddit:
>
> "Here is an interesting link to a study about how childless adults are the only group in the US that are intentionally taxed further into poverty. And there are groups advocating taxing the childless/childfree more, regardless of why they are CF."
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/s5ejlc/here_is_an_interesting_link_to_a_study_about_how/
>
> More than 100 comments.
>
> Of course, not having children prevents a lot of expenses. However, I, for one, have known at least two well-educated, unmarried, childfree men (now in their 50s - they don't know each other) who have had a great deal of trouble making ends meet and who couldn't get the help they needed from the state, precisely because they don't have children.
>
> And, haven't we all heard of single millennials who ALREADY have to work 60 hours a week or more and so they don't see how they could possibly afford a family, let alone have any "family time"?

It must be a lot worse today with education loans becoming so huge.

Re: "Childless Adults Are Lone Group Taxed Into Poverty"

<ss57ai$24f$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1369&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#1369

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 18:06:10 -0800
 by: The Real Bev - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 02:06 UTC

On 01/17/2022 01:02 PM, Lenona wrote:
> The study is from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. (It's not that long.)
>
> https://www.cbpp.org/research/federal-tax/childless-adults-are-lone-group-taxed-into-poverty
>
> Excerpt:
>
> "Childless Worker With Income at Poverty Line Owes $1,000 in Federal Taxes"

No matter how little you make, you still have to pay FICA or
self-employment tax. The fact that if you live long enough you'll get
it all back doesn't make it any better on April 15.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Tip: Place your houseplants in front of the television during