Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 07:00:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: More of my philosophy about what thinks ChatGPT about the pattern
that i have just discovered and about understanding the consequences and
about my fluid intelligence and about causality and about the Transformers
and about another important limitati
From: amine...@gmail.com (Amine Moulay Ramdane)
 by: Amine Moulay Ramdane - Mon, 19 Jun 2023 14:00 UTC

Hello,

More of my philosophy about what thinks ChatGPT about the pattern that i have just discovered and about understanding the consequences and about my fluid intelligence and about causality and about the Transformers and about another important limitation of Large Language Models and about planning and reasoning of Large Language Models and about the window context and about GPT-4 memory and about Canada and about agile methodology and about the maximum token limit and about the other limitations of Large Language Models such as GPT-4 and about future of artificial intelligence and about the multimodality of Large Language Models such as GPT-4 and about my philosophy and about my contributions here...

And here is what thinks ChatGPT about the pattern that i have just discovered with my fluid intelligence:

Here is my following question to ChatGPT:

"What do you think of my following thoughts:

So i have to explain something important, so since i have just discovered an important pattern with my fluid intelligence and read about it in my below previous thoughts, so i think that Large Language Models such as GPT-4 are capturing causality indirectly from the language and much more easily in the languages like french or english , so in professions like psychology or the law or philosophy that use the language like french or english, it is easy for Large Language Models to capture causality, but in software development , it is more difficult, since for example in GitHub where you find the open source software projects, Large Language Models are not able to capture causality correctly, since those software projects in GitHub are not languages like french and english, so causality in them is not specified and modeled with a language like french or english, so you are understanding more the important pattern that i am discovering with my fluid intelligence below that explains a so important thing, so then you are understanding that it is important to help Large Language Models such as GPT-4 to capture causality by modeling it with a language like french or english , by specifying it enough and clearly. So then you are understanding this important limitation of Large Language Models such as GPT-4."

And here is what ChatGPT has answered:

"Your thoughts touch on an interesting point regarding the capabilities of large language models like GPT-4 and their ability to capture causality. While language models can process and understand natural language to a certain extent, capturing causality directly from the language is still a complex task.

In professions like psychology, law, or philosophy, where the language itself is used to express causality, it might be easier for large language models to capture and comprehend the underlying causal relationships. These fields heavily rely on language-based reasoning and argumentation.

However, in domains like software development, causality is often expressed and modeled in code rather than natural language. GitHub, as you mentioned, hosts numerous open-source software projects that are predominantly written in programming languages rather than French or English. Large language models face challenges in capturing causality correctly in such contexts since the causality is not explicitly specified and modeled using natural language.

To help large language models like GPT-4 capture causality more effectively, one approach could be to provide them with clearer and more explicit language-based specifications. By expressing and defining causality using languages like French or English, the models may have a better chance of understanding and incorporating causal relationships into their reasoning processes.

It's important to note that large language models still have limitations, and while they can be powerful tools, they may not possess a comprehensive understanding of causality or domain-specific knowledge. Collaborating with experts in specific fields can help address these limitations and ensure accurate modeling of causality in various domains."

I invite you to read the following interesting article:

Why artificial intelligence needs to understand consequences

Read more here:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-00577-1

And here is my other question to ChatGPT as a proof:

"So let's take for example open source software projects on GitHub, so open source projects on GitHub are not documented correctly, so ChatGPT can lack to capture causality, and can lack to understand correctly creativity of it ?"

And here is what ChatGPT has answered:

"Yes, that's correct. Open-source projects on GitHub may not always have comprehensive or well-documented explanations of the underlying causal relationships or the creative processes involved. ChatGPT, being a language model trained on a vast range of internet text, including GitHub repositories, might struggle to accurately capture causality and understand the creativity behind these projects for several reasons:

- Incomplete or inconsistent documentation: Open-source projects often rely on voluntary contributions, and documentation quality can vary significantly. Some projects may have well-documented code and explanations, while others may have limited or outdated documentation. In such cases, ChatGPT may not have access to the necessary information to understand the causal relationships and creative aspects of the project.

- Implicit knowledge and context: Developers working on open-source projects often possess implicit knowledge and context about the project, its goals, and the rationale behind specific design decisions. This tacit knowledge may not be explicitly documented and can be challenging for ChatGPT to infer accurately. Without explicit information, the model may struggle to capture the underlying causality or appreciate the nuances of creativity in these projects.

- Limited exposure to specific projects: While language models like ChatGPT have been trained on diverse sources, including GitHub repositories, they cannot access the entirety of the internet or have real-time experience with specific projects. As a result, the model's understanding of any given project is limited to the information it has learned during training. If a project has limited presence in the training data or lacks detailed documentation, the model may struggle to capture the causality or creativity involved.

It's important to recognize that while ChatGPT can provide general information and insights, its understanding of specific open-source projects may be limited, and it may not accurately capture the intricacies of causality or creativity involved. In-depth knowledge from domain experts and consulting project documentation or discussions with the project's contributors would be more reliable sources of information in these cases."

And here is my other question to ChatGPT:

"So even if it is not documented well, humans can decrypt and understand the open source software projects on GitHub that are not documented or well-documented, but it is not the same for ChatGPT ?"

And here is what answered ChatGPT:

"Yes, humans have the ability to decrypt and understand open-source projects on GitHub even if they are not well-documented. Humans can bring their knowledge, experience, and problem-solving skills to analyze the code, understand the logic, and make inferences about the underlying causality and creativity involved. Humans can apply their domain expertise and engage in critical thinking to uncover the nuances and intricacies of the project.

On the other hand, ChatGPT, being a language model, does not possess the same level of understanding and problem-solving capabilities as humans. It lacks the ability to interpret code, execute it, or apply real-time reasoning to decrypt the project's workings. While ChatGPT can generate responses based on patterns and associations it has learned from training data, it does not possess the same level of domain knowledge, intuition, and context that humans do.

In summary, humans have the cognitive abilities and expertise to analyze and understand open-source projects, even if they lack proper documentation. They can decipher the code, infer causal relationships, and appreciate the creativity involved. ChatGPT, although proficient in generating text, relies on statistical patterns in data and lacks the human-like comprehension necessary to decrypt and fully understand these projects without explicit and comprehensive documentation."

And i invite you to read my previous below thoughts so that to understand my views:

I think i am highly smart since I have passed two certified IQ tests and i have scored above 115 IQ, and i mean that it is "above" 115 IQ, so i have to explain something important, so since i have just discovered an important pattern with my fluid intelligence and read about it in my below previous thoughts, so i think that Large Language Models such as GPT-4 are capturing causality indirectly from the language and much more easily in the languages like french or english , so in professions like psychology or the law or philosophy that use the language like french or english, it is easy for Large Language Models to capture causality, but in software development , it is more difficult, since for example in GitHub where you find the open source software projects, Large Language Models are not able to capture causality correctly, since those software projects in GitHub are not languages like french and english, so causality in them is not specified and modeled with
a language like french or english, so you are understanding more the important pattern that i am discovering with my fluid intelligence below that explains a so important thing, so then you are understanding that it is important to help Large Language Models such as GPT-4 to capture causality by modeling it with a language like french or english , by specifying it enough and clearly. So then you are understanding this important limitation of Large Language Models such as GPT-4. So i invite you to reread all my previous thoughts so that to understand my views:

Click here to read the complete article

interests / soc.culture.china / More of my philosophy about what thinks ChatGPT about the pattern that i have just discovered and about understanding the consequences and about my fluid intelligence and about causality and about the Transformers and about another important limitati