From: news2...@bartheld.net (Volker Bartheld)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.dirt
Subject: Re: oil for DRZ400
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 16:31:28 +0200
 by: Volker Bartheld - Thu, 7 Apr 2022 14:31 UTC

On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 15:03:24 -0700 (PDT), Martha White wrote:
> I got out of street bikes and back to enduro bikes. I have some Castrol
> semi synthetic 10W40 that is 4 T and wonder if that would work well in
> the bike?

The viscosity would. A problem might be additives (wet clutch), but as long
as the Castrol is meant for bikes, there is no reason to worry. And it's a
japanese bike after all, not a KTM LC4 Supercompetition where they were
not able to provide an oil recommendation other than the $$$ Motul/Shell
Advance Ultra where the clutch would not slip, even with 3 harder springs
(out of 6).

Volker