From: bashley1...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Subject: Re: Flex Seal edurance properties.
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 13:09:29 -0800
 by: The Real Bev - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 21:09 UTC

On 11/04/2021 11:55 PM, vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
> Curious about how Flex Seal is will mildew, chlorine bleach (hypochorite) and
> cracking? ...

Is this that rubbery tape that sticks and seems to melt into itself? I
used half the roll on a hose leak, which kept right on leaking. I
returned the unused stuff to Walmart.

If you're talking about something else, never mind.

--
Cheers, Bev
An organizer for the "Million Agoraphobics March" expressed

Re: Flex Seal edurance properties.

<glpcqgdf9jpa7c9fi20giqd90pqmnidot9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1322&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#1322

From: dgw...@hotmail.com (Dennis)
Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 10:05:07 -0800
 by: Dennis - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 18:05 UTC

On Sat, 27 Nov 2021 13:09:29 -0800, The Real Bev
<bashley101+aioe@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 11/04/2021 11:55 PM, vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
>> Curious about how Flex Seal is will mildew, chlorine bleach (hypochorite) and
>> cracking? ...
>
>Is this that rubbery tape that sticks and seems to melt into itself? I
>used half the roll on a hose leak, which kept right on leaking. I
>returned the unused stuff to Walmart.
>
>If you're talking about something else, never mind.

I used the Gorilla equivalent of Flex Seal tape to repair a leaky rain
gutter. It is holding surprisingly well. Good thing too, since I can't
get any local gutter shops to even respond to my calls/emails, let
alone actually come out for an estimate.

Dennis (evil)
--
I'm a hands-on, footloose, knee-jerk head case. -George Carlin

Re: Flex Seal edurance properties.

<sobrh3$smn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1325&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#1325

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 17:22:41 -0800
 by: The Real Bev - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 01:22 UTC

On 11/30/2021 10:05 AM, Dennis wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Nov 2021 13:09:29 -0800, The Real Bev
> <bashley101+aioe@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On 11/04/2021 11:55 PM, vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
>>> Curious about how Flex Seal is will mildew, chlorine bleach (hypochorite) and
>>> cracking? ...
>>
>>Is this that rubbery tape that sticks and seems to melt into itself? I
>>used half the roll on a hose leak, which kept right on leaking. I
>>returned the unused stuff to Walmart.
>>
>>If you're talking about something else, never mind.
>
> I used the Gorilla equivalent of Flex Seal tape to repair a leaky rain
> gutter. It is holding surprisingly well. Good thing too, since I can't
> get any local gutter shops to even respond to my calls/emails, let
> alone actually come out for an estimate.

I've recently become aware of the advantages of hot glue. The bar that
holds the little jars on one shelf in my refrigerator door suddenly
became too short to fit into the sockets. No idea how that happened,
but the solution was pretty easy. Especially since we've acquired a
lifetime supply of glue sticks at yard sales.

I really miss yard sales. It used to be that I'd think "I need a _____"
and I'd find one the following Saturday. We called it the Psychic
Shopping Network. I was really pissed when I had to actually buy a NEW
turkey roaster.

And don't get me started about the goddam new Samsung gas stove that
needed four repair visits to fix the same burner. Sheer luck that it
happened within the warranty period, Samsung crap usually fails just a
month or so after the warranty expires. Clearly somebody at the factory
needs to be fired.

--
Cheers, Bev
Bluetooth is especially problematic in San Francisco because it

Re: Flex Seal edurance properties.

<64qnqg1vbhcjcrih4lkg77mqdsb4e0hu1s@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1331&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#1331

From: dgw...@hotmail.com (Dennis)
Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 14:16:41 -0800
 by: Dennis - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 22:16 UTC

On Thu, 2 Dec 2021 17:22:41 -0800, The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com>
wrote:

>And don't get me started about the goddam new Samsung gas stove that
>needed four repair visits to fix the same burner. Sheer luck that it
>happened within the warranty period, Samsung crap usually fails just a
>month or so after the warranty expires. Clearly somebody at the factory
>needs to be fired.

We have a Samsung washing machine that has been working great for ~1.5
years. Should I be worried? ;-)

Dennis (evil)

Re: Flex Seal edurance properties.

<sogrsg$bap$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1332&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#1332

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 14:59:28 -0800
 by: The Real Bev - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 22:59 UTC

On 12/04/2021 02:16 PM, Dennis wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Dec 2021 17:22:41 -0800, The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>And don't get me started about the goddam new Samsung gas stove that
>>needed four repair visits to fix the same burner. Sheer luck that it
>>happened within the warranty period, Samsung crap usually fails just a
>>month or so after the warranty expires. Clearly somebody at the factory
>>needs to be fired.
>
> We have a Samsung washing machine that has been working great for ~1.5
> years. Should I be worried? ;-)

Sucker shouldn't even be broken in yet. Shouldn't. I think my friend's
front-loader started leaking within two years.

--
Cheers, Bev
"A complete lack of evidence is the surest sign