To err is human, To purr feline. -- Robert Byrne

interests / alt.usage.english / Re: Kitchen Disaster Stories Wanted

SubjectAuthor
* Kitchen Disaster Stories Wantedbruce bowser
`- Re: Kitchen Disaster Stories WantedStefan Ram

1
Kitchen Disaster Stories Wanted

<9fddd37d-e599-4e7d-ab0d-47664317a9fbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=129259&group=alt.usage.english#129259

Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 09:40:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Kitchen Disaster Stories Wanted
From: bruce2bo...@gmail.com (bruce bowser)
 by: bruce bowser - Tue, 3 May 2022 16:40 UTC

On Wednesday, February 19, 1992 at 12:23:45 PM UTC-5, Ken Rose wrote in ref.food.cooking:
> No, not by me!! With the recent postings about kitchen disasters,
> though, I thought there might be interest in the following item that
> appeared in the Food section of the San Jose Mercury News (2/19)
> A cookbook-review magazine is looking for stories about kitchen
> disasters. One woman recently told of her turkey falling down the
> steps and out the door. Calamities must be described in 100 words
> or less. Your reward? A cookbook. Send entries to: Cookbook
> Digest, Dept. NS, 950 Third Ave., 16th floor, New York, N.Y. 10022
> Disclaimer: I have no connection to Cookbook Digest, and my only
> connection to the Mercury News is as a subscriber.
> Ken Rose (ke...@storage.tandem.com)
> The Usual Disclaimer: Any opinions expressed above are mine alone, not
> those of my employer (who is kind enough to allow me Usenet access).

I just have to say, don't know how they go from San Jose ,CA to NYC. That's quite a thump now (let alone then).

Re: Kitchen Disaster Stories Wanted

<San-Jose-20220504131107@ram.dialup.fu-berlin.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=129370&group=alt.usage.english#129370

From: ram...@zedat.fu-berlin.de (Stefan Ram)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Subject: Re: Kitchen Disaster Stories Wanted
Date: 4 May 2022 12:12:15 GMT
 by: Stefan Ram - Wed, 4 May 2022 12:12 UTC

bruce bowser <bruce2bowser@gmail.com> writes:
>I just have to say, don't know how they go from San Jose ,CA
>to NYC.

Do you know the way to San Jose?

interests / alt.usage.english / Re: Kitchen Disaster Stories Wanted