From: bunnyhug...@ameritech.net (Heather Kendrick)
Newsgroups: rec.roller-coaster
Subject: Roller coaster Christmas presents
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 22:59:06 -0500
 by: Heather Kendrick - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 03:59 UTC

I hope everyone who celebrates one has had a happy holiday and will have a
good new year. Wondering if anyone got any nice roller-coaster- or
amusement-park-related presents this year? I got a porcelain carousel rabbit
figurine and the ACE roller coaster calendar (the latter of which my husband
gives me pretty much every year).

Digression: yes, I still keep a wall calendar. One at home and one in my
office, actually. The one in my office always used to be the Painted Ponies
calendar which was published for decades and featured very high-quality
photos of rare carousel pieces, mostly photographed against black
backgrounds. I bought it every year, usually either at the Magical Carousel
Shop on the Seaside Heights (NJ) boardwalk or (after the Magical Carousel
Shop closed) the Merry-Go-Round Museum in Sandusky. Unfortunately, that
calendar was discontinued several years ago. It was already fairly pricey
(due to high production values) and it reached a point where the publisher
felt that the price they would have to charge for it would also make it
impossible to sell. Anyway, at that point I started making my calendar every
year with photos I took of carousels during the previous calendar year. So
that´s the one that goes in my office now.

--
Heather, the Carousel Rabbit

Re: Roller coaster Christmas presents

<56931da8-f014-43de-929d-fb15eb0c0912n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1275&group=rec.roller-coaster#1275

Newsgroups: rec.roller-coaster
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2022 17:34:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Roller coaster Christmas presents
From: surfdan...@aol.com (Surf Dance Chris)
 by: Surf Dance Chris - Sun, 2 Jan 2022 01:34 UTC

I got one park related gift… a piece of a prop from the Saw haunted house from Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2017.

I always have paper wall calendar as well, but haven’t found any I like for a reasonable price this year. So it’s gonna be my first year without one, as of now. Maybe if the carnivalwarehouse.com’s gets reduced heavily, I may get that one. I don’t really use my wall calendar often but do glance at it, I keep one next to my desk in my place. I miss the days when many parks made calendars.

Re: Roller coaster Christmas presents

<3f55ff72-ef3c-4109-9fb5-98753f359c4an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1289&group=rec.roller-coaster#1289

Newsgroups: rec.roller-coaster
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 16:29:53 -0800 (PST)
From: rik...@aol.com (Rik P)
 by: Rik P - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 00:29 UTC

On Thursday, December 30, 2021 at 7:59:09 PM UTC-8, Heather Kendrick wrote:

> Digression: yes, I still keep a wall calendar. One at home and one in my
> office, actually.

I've kept so many calendars from previous years that I tend to look through my stack of old calendars for one that matches the current year. Last year was a match for a 2010 Tigers calendar, this year is a match for a 2005 Dark Shadows/Barnabas Collins calendar. Leap years can be tricky.