An honest tale speeds best being plainly told. -- William Shakespeare, "Henry VI"

interests / soc.culture.china / How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hersh

SubjectAuthor
* How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hershltlee1
+- Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hershbmoore
+- Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hershltlee1
+- Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hershltlee1
+- Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hershltlee1
+* Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hershltlee1
|`- Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hershltlee1
+- Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hershltlee1
+* Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hershltlee1
|`- Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hershltlee1
`- Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hershltlee1

1
How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hersh

<29a31dd1-c5b3-4c92-8789-18dd20537579n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11912&group=soc.culture.china#11912

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 05:56:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hersh
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Wed, 8 Feb 2023 13:56 UTC

The U.S. Navy’s Diving and Salvage Center can be found in a location as obscure as its name—down what was once a country lane in rural Panama City, ...
"The center has been training highly skilled deep-water divers for decades who, once assigned to American military units worldwide, are capable of technical diving to do the good—using C4 explosives to clear harbors and beaches of debris and unexploded ordinance—as well as the bad, like blowing up foreign oil rigs, fouling intake valves for undersea power plants, destroying locks on crucial shipping canals. The Panama City center, which boasts the second largest indoor pool in America, was the perfect place to recruit the best, and most taciturn, graduates of the diving school who successfully did last summer what they had been authorized to do 260 feet under the surface of the Baltic Sea.

Last June, the Navy divers, operating under the cover of a widely publicized mid-summer NATO exercise known as BALTOPS 22, planted the remotely triggered explosives that, three months later, destroyed three of the four Nord Stream pipelines, according to a source with direct knowledge of the operational planning.
Biden’s decision to sabotage the pipelines came after more than nine months of highly secret back and forth debate inside Washington’s national security community about how to best achieve that goal. For much of that time, the issue was not whether to do the mission, but how to get it done with no overt clue as to who was responsible.

There was a vital bureaucratic reason for relying on the graduates of the center’s hardcore diving school in Panama City. The divers were Navy only, and not members of America’s Special Forces Command, whose covert operations must be reported to Congress and briefed in advance to the Senate and House leadership—the so-called Gang of Eight. The Biden Administration was doing everything possible to avoid leaks as the planning took place late in 2021 and into the first months of 2022.

President Biden and his foreign policy team—National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan, Secretary of State Tony Blinken, and Victoria Nuland, the Undersecretary of State for Policy—had been vocal and consistent in their hostility to the two pipelines, which ran side by side for 750 miles under the Baltic Sea from two different ports in northeastern Russia near the Estonian border, passing close to the Danish island of Bornholm before ending in northern Germany.

The direct route, which bypassed any need to transit Ukraine, had been a boon for the German economy, which enjoyed an abundance of cheap Russian natural gas—enough to run its factories and heat its homes while enabling German distributors to sell excess gas, at a profit, throughout Western Europe. Action that could be traced to the administration would violate US promises to minimize direct conflict with Russia. Secrecy was essential.
America’s political fears were real: Putin would now have an additional and much-needed major source of income, and Germany and the rest of Western Europe would become addicted to low-cost natural gas supplied by Russia—while diminishing European reliance on America. In fact, that’s exactly what happened. Many Germans saw Nord Stream 1 as part of the deliverance of former Chancellor Willy Brandt’s famed Ostpolitik theory, which would enable postwar Germany to rehabilitate itself and other European nations destroyed in World War II by, among other initiatives, utilizing cheap Russian gas to fuel a prosperous Western European market and trading economy.

Nord Stream 1 was dangerous enough, in the view of NATO and Washington, but Nord Stream 2, whose construction was completed in September of 2021, would, if approved by German regulators, double the amount of cheap gas that would be available to Germany and Western Europe. The second pipeline also would provide enough gas for more than 50 percent of Germany’s annual consumption. Tensions were constantly escalating between Russia and NATO, backed by the aggressive foreign policy of the Biden Administration."

https://seymourhersh.substack.com/p/how-america-took-out-the-nord-stream

Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hersh

<9a3c26fc-8981-41a1-9cee-19f86e67621cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11915&group=soc.culture.china#11915

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 11:20:01 -0800 (PST)
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Wed, 8 Feb 2023 19:20 UTC

On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 5:56:19 AM UTC-8, ltlee1 wrote:
> [...]
>
> Nord Stream 1 was dangerous enough, in the view of NATO and Washington, but Nord Stream 2, whose construction was completed in September of 2021, would, if approved by German regulators, double the amount of cheap gas that would be available to Germany and Western Europe. The second pipeline also would provide enough gas for more than 50 percent of Germany’s annual consumption. Tensions were constantly escalating between Russia and NATO, backed by the aggressive foreign policy of the Biden Administration."

Hersh's claims should be taken with a grain of salt. Alex Jones of the left..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seymour_Hersh

Critics have accused Hersh of being a conspiracy theorist. He has been criticised for contradicting the official account of the killing of Osama Bin Laden and for questioning the claim that the Syrian government used chemical weapons on Syrian civilians.[38][26] In 2015, Vox's Max Fisher wrote that "Hersh has appeared increasingly to have gone off the rails. His stories, often alleging vast and shadowy conspiracies, have made startling — and often internally inconsistent — accusations, based on little or no proof beyond a handful of anonymous "officials".[6]

Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hersh

<e373fe32-cb1e-4360-a383-a0dd0757dde4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11922&group=soc.culture.china#11922

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 05:54:10 -0800 (PST)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 13:54 UTC

On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 1:56:19 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:
> [...]
>
> Nord Stream 1 was dangerous enough, in the view of NATO and Washington, but Nord Stream 2, whose construction was completed in September of 2021, would, if approved by German regulators, double the amount of cheap gas that would be available to Germany and Western Europe. The second pipeline also would provide enough gas for more than 50 percent of Germany’s annual consumption. Tensions were constantly escalating between Russia and NATO, backed by the aggressive foreign policy of the Biden Administration."

"Republican Senator Mike Lee of Utah posted on Twitter on Wednesday afternoon that if the
allegations are true, he and many of his colleagues were unaware of the plan.

"I'm troubled that I can't immediately rule out the suggestion that the U.S.. blew up Nord Stream,"
Lee tweeted. "I checked with a bunch of Senate colleagues. Among those I've asked, none were
ever briefed on this. If it turns out to be true, we've got a huge problem."

https://www.newsweek.com/nord-stream-attack-senator-raises-alarms-about-alleged-us-involvement-1780192

Looks like a congressional hearing is coming. And one of the way to clear the issue one way or the other.
Of course, involved US officials could refuse to answer questions. But such refusal would be taken as a kind
of answer.

Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hersh

<87838946-df01-4376-9978-5dc74abfdd56n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11928&group=soc.culture.china#11928

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 07:38:27 -0800 (PST)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 15:38 UTC

> [...]
>
> Nord Stream 1 was dangerous enough, in the view of NATO and Washington, but Nord Stream 2, whose construction was completed in September of 2021, would, if approved by German regulators, double the amount of cheap gas that would be available to Germany and Western Europe. The second pipeline also would provide enough gas for more than 50 percent of Germany’s annual consumption. Tensions were constantly escalating between Russia and NATO, backed by the aggressive foreign policy of the Biden Administration."

"Public comments made by President Joe Biden and several other administration officials
underscored the U.S.’s interest in putting an end to the Russian energy project long before
the explosions occurred.

In January 2022, State Department spokesman Ned Price told NPR : "I want to be very clear:
if Russia invades Ukraine one way or another, Nord Stream 2 will not move forward. I'm not
going to get into the specifics. We will work with Germany to ensure it does not move forward."

At a joint press conference with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz the following month, Biden
told reporters, “If Russia invades — that means tanks or troops crossing the border of Ukraine,
again, then there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2. We will bring an end to it.”

A reporter asked, “But how will you do that exactly, since the project and control of the project
is within Germany’s control?”

Biden replied, “We will, I promise you, we’ll be able to do it.”

Asked for a comment on the story, White House spokeswoman Adrienne Watson wrote in an
email to Hersh, “This is false and complete fiction.” Likewise, CIA spokesman Tammy Thorp
wrote, “This claim is completely and utterly false.”

Despite these unequivocal denials, it’s clear the U.S. government had the motivation, the
opportunity, and the means to carry out this operation. Perhaps Hersh’s theory should not
be so easily dismissed. "

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/courage-strength-optimism/was-the-us-responsible-for-the-nord-stream-pipeline-explosions

Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hersh

<83916fdb-8fd1-4232-a6f4-56f2782591c3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11933&group=soc.culture.china#11933

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 12:01:22 -0800 (PST)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 20:01 UTC

On Saturday, February 11, 2023 at 4:30:14 PM UTC, Y A wrote:
> SHI* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For Democratic politicians, SH*T is indeed a likely response collectively speaking.
Taken Out The Nord Stream Pipeline is an act of war. The Biden administration
should not order the operation without informing the Congress.

To Republican leaders, it is a huge problem but also an opportunity. To Democrats,
it is likely to be a nightmare.

BTW, Seymour Hersh had discussed with Matt Taibbi and possibly other people while
preparing the report.

"It shouldn't be be necessary to do this, but for those wondering, I can confirm this is indeed
an article by Seymour Hersh, with whom I've been in touch during the preparation of this article."
https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1623352901111517185?cxt=HHwWgsDQ_Zq3p4ctAAAA

> [...]
> >
> > Nord Stream 1 was dangerous enough, in the view of NATO and Washington, but Nord Stream 2, whose construction was completed in September of 2021, would, if approved by German regulators, double the amount of cheap gas that would be available to Germany and Western Europe. The second pipeline also would provide enough gas for more than 50 percent of Germany’s annual consumption. Tensions were constantly escalating between Russia and NATO, backed by the aggressive foreign policy of the Biden Administration."
> >
> > https://seymourhersh.substack.com/p/how-america-took-out-the-nord-stream

Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hersh

<f5c3697a-7b20-4949-ba42-04f39d741d8an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11950&group=soc.culture.china#11950

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 06:22:14 -0800 (PST)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Mon, 13 Feb 2023 14:22 UTC

> [...]
>
> Nord Stream 1 was dangerous enough, in the view of NATO and Washington, but Nord Stream 2, whose construction was completed in September of 2021, would, if approved by German regulators, double the amount of cheap gas that would be available to Germany and Western Europe. The second pipeline also would provide enough gas for more than 50 percent of Germany’s annual consumption. Tensions were constantly escalating between Russia and NATO, backed by the aggressive foreign policy of the Biden Administration."

So far US and NATO are oddly quiet. In the US both NYTimes and WashingtonPost
did not report Seymour Hersh's article. Neither did these two MSM report White House
denial. But others are more outspoken.
For example, Sky News Australia,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmsiu9cAVj4

Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hersh

<48964193-757e-435b-a235-4ef875f16b91n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11965&group=soc.culture.china#11965

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 09:47:18 -0800 (PST)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 17:47 UTC

On Monday, February 13, 2023 at 2:22:17 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > Nord Stream 1 was dangerous enough, in the view of NATO and Washington, but Nord Stream 2, whose construction was completed in September of 2021, would, if approved by German regulators, double the amount of cheap gas that would be available to Germany and Western Europe. The second pipeline also would provide enough gas for more than 50 percent of Germany’s annual consumption. Tensions were constantly escalating between Russia and NATO, backed by the aggressive foreign policy of the Biden Administration."
> >
> > https://seymourhersh.substack.com/p/how-america-took-out-the-nord-stream
> So far US and NATO are oddly quiet. In the US both NYTimes and WashingtonPost
> did not report Seymour Hersh's article. Neither did these two MSM report White House

Seymour Hersh also commented on his report and media response.
Hersh recounted his experience of submitting his report on the My-Lai massacre. In short,
his report was rejected by all big name publishers. St Louis Daily which published his
Pulitzer winner work was at that time not unlike today's Substack.com. It took a while
for US to accept the My-Lai Massacre reality.

Hersh also said today's NYTime and Washington do not have government sources beyond
US government spoken people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLpGH0BpOnk

Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hersh

<3f50e897-9743-415f-a704-c4442b0f9e38n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12023&group=soc.culture.china#12023

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 14:38:56 -0800 (PST)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 22:38 UTC

> [...]
>
> Nord Stream 1 was dangerous enough, in the view of NATO and Washington, but Nord Stream 2, whose construction was completed in September of 2021, would, if approved by German regulators, double the amount of cheap gas that would be available to Germany and Western Europe. The second pipeline also would provide enough gas for more than 50 percent of Germany’s annual consumption. Tensions were constantly escalating between Russia and NATO, backed by the aggressive foreign policy of the Biden Administration."

Some thoughts:

1. The US is the number one suspect because it has the intention,
the opportunity, and the means to carry out the sabotage.

2. Even insiders like US Senator Mike Lee could be easily dismiss Seymour Hersh's report.

3. Russia was deeply suspicious of the US over the bombing. Seymour Hersh simply reinforces Russian view. Of course, Germany is another victim of the bombing. The issue is therefore unlikely to goes away.

4. Response from the Biden Administration is categorical but non-specific. For example, Biden and/or other officials could walk back his threat to destroy the Nord Stream pipe line. But no such walk back during the past year and in response to the Hersh report. In the absence of walk back, the Biden administration is officially and openly, admitting its intention to destroy the gas pipeline.

Of course, intention per se does not mean much. After all, bombing the pipe line secretly is not a small project. The project is likely to need international cooperation. Hence, the bombing needs meticulous plan and any plan would be reviewed by various people from different nations multiple times.

5. Does the US have such plan(s)?
US governmental response, so far, did not allow the conclusion that such plan does not exist. Or any such plan is not yet finalized. So the answer is YES.

Having a plan or multiple plans certainly does not mean the US would carry out any such plan. Actually, it is the US and all responsible government's job to have contingency plans for as many likely eventuality as possible.

6. IF the US did have plan(s) to bomb the gas pipe line BUT such actually carrying no bombing, did the US inform its US NATO allies any
time after the gas pipe lines were found sabotaged?

So far, NO NATO nation has been speaking up arguing US non-involvement.

Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hersh

<d0a66ad0-dd3b-4269-a99e-97052bf40682n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12083&group=soc.culture.china#12083

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 10:12:54 -0800 (PST)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Tue, 28 Feb 2023 18:12 UTC

> [...]
>
> Nord Stream 1 was dangerous enough, in the view of NATO and Washington, but Nord Stream 2, whose construction was completed in September of 2021, would, if approved by German regulators, double the amount of cheap gas that would be available to Germany and Western Europe. The second pipeline also would provide enough gas for more than 50 percent of Germany’s annual consumption. Tensions were constantly escalating between Russia and NATO, backed by the aggressive foreign policy of the Biden Administration."

The following from Chinatimes.com a ROC media:

"去年9月26日,一件舉世震驚的事件發生了,那就是由俄羅斯天然氣公司與德國、法國和瑞士等歐洲的能源公司合資建造的,從俄國通往德國的兩條天然氣管道,北溪1號和2號的四條管道,三條被徹底炸毀。(北溪1號已運行10年,北溪2號建好之後尚未投產就遭到美國施加壓力,迫使德國停止審核。由於有炸彈未爆,所以有一條管道仍然可用,但是沒有被使用)。炸毀的地點靠近丹麥和瑞典的水域,而管道的構造極其堅固,世界上只有少數高科技國家有能力將其在水深260英尺的地方將其炸毀。

非常奇葩的是,美國的幾個大媒體,素來以客觀標榜的大媒體,在第一時間就傳達了美國的官方信息,指稱多半是俄羅斯所為。這就很令人困惑了,因為俄國天然氣公司擁有這些管道51%的股權,並且管道是俄國的搖錢樹,它還掌控了管道的開關,它完全沒有自殘的理由。

接下來,也很奇葩的是,瑞典進行了調查,調查結束後宣布,不能宣布調查結果,因為它太敏感!素來以言論自由自許,並且強調政府政策透明的西方政府在這件事情上表現的是言論不自由,信息不透明。毫無疑問,它不是擔心得罪俄羅斯,它顯然不願意得罪的是美國,因為它正在申請加入北約。

如果我們用美國推理小說最喜歡用的一句話——「追隨錢的去路」(follow the money)——來進行推理的話,那麽,有能力並且有動機炸毀管道,而且可以從中獲利的國家有兩國,一個是美國,一個是挪威,兩者都擁有豐富的天然氣,只是價錢比俄國的天然氣貴。炸毀了管道之後,歐洲的天然氣價格大幅度飆升,這兩國賺的是盆滿鉢滿。

其實,美國內部,如一個主張小政府自由主義(libertarian)智庫Cato Institute 和哥倫比亞大學的經濟系名教授薩克斯(Jefferey Sachs),都曾指出,這是美國主導的行動。可是,大家需要的是證據。今年2月8日,西門•赫什(Seymour Hersh),一位以深挖政府機密為職志並多次獲奬的記者,曾經於1969年在《紐約客》揭發越戰期間在米萊村發生的大屠殺事件而聞名於世(美國大兵在軍官凱里指揮下,屠殺了500多名村民,包括婦女與兒童),已經85歲的他,在其部落格(seymourhersh.substack.com)中發表了他的調查報告,標題是「美國如何毀掉北溪管道」。他從最初的計劃,到實際運作,到參議院中極右派議員的鼓勵,到挪威軍方的直接參與,詳細描述了整個炸毀管道的過程。

他說,主持這項爆炸計劃的是白宮安全顧問蘇利文,參與者包括國務卿布林肯和副國務卿盧嵐(Victoria Nuland)、中情局、軍方和財政部。在俄烏戰爭爆發前兩個月,蘇利文主持了第一次籌劃會議,他們指定由美國海軍設在佛羅里達州巴拿馬市的潛水和打撈中心負責擬定計劃,因為該中心隸屬海軍,不需要經過議會審查。去年6月時,炸彈已經安置在管道上,一直到3個月之後,拜登才下達了炸毀的命令,以至於一個管道上的炸藥沒有被引爆。他說,挪威海軍非常熟悉當地海域,在這項行動中發揮了關鍵作用。

2月7日,也就是在俄烏戰爭爆發前三周,當著當時到訪的德國總理蕭茲,拜登回答記者的問題時說,「如果俄羅斯入侵,那就不會有北溪2號的存在,我們會終止它。」也就是說,他其實在那時已經把話說明了,只是,那時大家都不知道,整套計劃早已經在擬定之中了。

為什麽要炸呢?赫什提到一句最關鍵的話,那就是,「只要歐洲繼續依賴由管道輸入的廉價天然氣,華盛頓就擔心,像德國這樣的國家就不會心甘情願地向烏克蘭提供擊敗俄羅斯所需的經濟和武器的支持。」

在他的報告發表之後,他接受了德國媒體的訪問,表示對《紐約時報》和《華盛頓郵報》沒有充分報導他的報告表示遺憾。這也不難理解,這兩份歷來受到讀者仰賴信實報導的報紙近年來已經成為政府的喉舌,親近民主黨,跟親近共和黨的福克斯有線電視台唱對台,失去其獨立性,尤其是在這次俄烏戰爭中,兩份擁有光榮獨立言論歷史的報紙已經成為拜登的啦啦隊。

這也就說明,美國的上層精英充分瞭解,現在是國難當頭,團結一致的時候了。儘管一般吃瓜群眾還不瞭解當前局勢的嚴重性,可是精英們知道,如果這場戰爭輸了,美國以至於整個西方的好日子也就到頭了。炸毀非常有利於自己盟邦的管道,切斷俄歐之間日益緊密的經濟合作,雖然是極端不靠譜的下三濫行動,可是,狗急跳墻,如果德國仍然依戀俄國廉價的天然氣,退出這場拜登主導的戰事,那麽整個西方陣營就會瓦解。沒有西方的全力支撐,俄烏戰爭必然以失敗告終。

管道被炸,德國吃了一記當頭悶棍,大企業紛紛出走,經濟前景堪憂,可是,它怎麽辦?綠黨掌控的外交和國防部門就像是美國派遣的第五縱隊,根本不顧德國的本國利益而站隊美國和拜登祭出的價值觀。蕭茲只能做到就是獨排眾議,訪問中國。

Click here to read the complete article
Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hersh

<aede9c6f-6f36-4b90-ba52-9a42f95e7f54n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12084&group=soc.culture.china#12084

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 10:23:11 -0800 (PST)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Tue, 28 Feb 2023 18:23 UTC

On Tuesday, February 28, 2023 at 6:12:56 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:
> [...]
> 2月7日,也就是在俄烏戰爭爆發前三周,當著當時到訪的德國總理蕭茲,拜登回答記者的問題時說,「如果俄羅斯入侵,那就不會有北溪2號的存在,我們會終止它。」也就是說,他其實在那時已經把話說明了,只是,那時大家都不知道,整套計劃早已經在擬定之中了。
> 為什麽要炸呢?赫什提到一句最關鍵的話,那就是,「只要歐洲繼續依賴由管道輸入的廉價天然氣,華盛頓就擔心,像德國這樣的國家就不會心甘情願地向烏克蘭提供擊敗俄羅斯所需的經濟和武器的支持。」
> 在他的報告發表之後,他接受了德國媒體的訪問,表示對《紐約時報》和《華盛頓郵報》沒有充分報導他的報告表示遺憾。這也不難理解,這兩份歷來受到讀者仰賴信實報導的報紙近年來已經成為政府的喉舌,親近民主黨,跟親近共和黨的福克斯有線電視台唱對台,失去其獨立性,尤其是在這次俄烏戰爭中,兩份擁有光榮獨立言論歷史的報紙已經成為拜登的啦啦隊。
> 這也就說明,美國的上層精英充分瞭解,現在是國難當頭,團結一致的時候了。儘管一般吃瓜群眾還不瞭解當前局勢的嚴重性,可是精英們知道,如果這場戰爭輸了,美國以至於整個西方的好日子也就到頭了。炸毀非常有利於自己盟邦的管道,切斷俄歐之間日益緊密的經濟合作,雖然是極端不靠譜的下三濫行動,可是,狗急跳墻,如果德國仍然依戀俄國廉價的天然氣,退出這場拜登主導的戰事,那麽整個西方陣營就會瓦解。沒有西方的全力支撐,俄烏戰爭必然以失敗告終。
> 管道被炸,德國吃了一記當頭悶棍,大企業紛紛出走,經濟前景堪憂,可是,它怎麽辦?綠黨掌控的外交和國防部門就像是美國派遣的第五縱隊,根本不顧德國的本國利益而站隊美國和拜登祭出的價值觀。蕭茲只能做到就是獨排眾議,訪問中國。
> 但是,拜登如此不靠譜地霸凌盟友,早晚必然會付出代價的。且讓我們拭目以待吧。"

Click here to read the complete article
Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hersh

<30b91a31-4399-4e71-a031-62a3e0d6b9c2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12170&group=soc.culture.china#12170

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 05:32:06 -0800 (PST)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 13:32 UTC

> [...]
>
> Nord Stream 1 was dangerous enough, in the view of NATO and Washington, but Nord Stream 2, whose construction was completed in September of 2021, would, if approved by German regulators, double the amount of cheap gas that would be available to Germany and Western Europe. The second pipeline also would provide enough gas for more than 50 percent of Germany’s annual consumption. Tensions were constantly escalating between Russia and NATO, backed by the aggressive foreign policy of the Biden Administration."

"Tulsi Gabbard tells Tucker the Biden admin have been 'busted' on 'absurd cover-up'"
Former presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard weighs in on new intelligence suggesting a pro-Ukrainian group sabotaged the Nord Stream Pipeline on 'Tucker Carlson Tonight.'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6uvHNS-7z0

interests / soc.culture.china / How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline by Seymour Hersh