Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

interests / soc.culture.china / If China Cracked U.S. Encryption, Why Would It Tell Us?

SubjectAuthor
* If China Cracked U.S. Encryption, Why Would It Tell Us?ltlee1
`- Re: If China Cracked U.S. Encryption, Why Would It Tell Us?stoney

1
If China Cracked U.S. Encryption, Why Would It Tell Us?

<91c4e012-8657-408c-850a-5ca0fe7f5e89n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11844&group=soc.culture.china#11844

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 13:06:36 -0800 (PST)
Subject: If China Cracked U.S. Encryption, Why Would It Tell Us?
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 21:06 UTC

"When Alan Turing cracked the Enigma code during the Second World War, neither the United Kingdom nor the United States immediately published a paper announcing the achievement. Instead, they kept it to themselves so they could keep reading Nazi messages encrypted using Engima machines. Last month, in contrast, Chinese academics from government-run laboratories and research organizations published a paper claiming to have developed a new mathematical strategy to break RSA encryption, today’s standard.

If the Chinese government can crack RSA encryption, then they can break into every U.S. government and private sector system, seeing and exfiltrating anything and everything, achieving true information dominance over Washington and its allies and partners.

There are reasons to doubt the accuracy of the paper’s claims, however, and even more reasons to question why Chinese researchers would show their hand if they really cracked our codes."

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/techland-when-great-power-competition-meets-digital-world/if-china-cracked-us-encryption-why

Re: If China Cracked U.S. Encryption, Why Would It Tell Us?

<4bc4cac1-0a3f-4c23-be5c-19dd852ae02bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11848&group=soc.culture.china#11848

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 22:38:38 -0800 (PST)
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 06:38 UTC

On Monday, January 30, 2023 at 5:06:37 AM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> "When Alan Turing cracked the Enigma code during the Second World War, neither the United Kingdom nor the United States immediately published a paper announcing the achievement. Instead, they kept it to themselves so they could keep reading Nazi messages encrypted using Engima machines. Last month, in contrast, Chinese academics from government-run laboratories and research organizations published a paper claiming to have developed a new mathematical strategy to break RSA encryption, today’s standard.
>
> If the Chinese government can crack RSA encryption, then they can break into every U.S. government and private sector system, seeing and exfiltrating anything and everything, achieving true information dominance over Washington and its allies and partners.
>
> There are reasons to doubt the accuracy of the paper’s claims, however, and even more reasons to question why Chinese researchers would show their hand if they really cracked our codes."
>
> https://nationalinterest.org/blog/techland-when-great-power-competition-meets-digital-world/if-china-cracked-us-encryption-why

No need to tell anyone. Ever since 911 in 2000, US mandated NSA to install automatic reader machines to screen all email accounts used by users from all over the world in news servers and email servers, that set up, operated, stored, and run by Western media in US.

The reader machine connected their servers runs 24/7 will read and picked up any clue of statement, word, icon, slogan, and codes etc. They can, unknown to user, extract, copy, alter, and replaced it back, too. They can screen email automatically and read-picked and segregated suspicious word, statement, for further research reading, scrutiny, monitoring, examination, and classification, and disposal of case.

They can also tap voice messages in email and SMS, and tap conversation on phone calls. They can tap road and pavement cameras of people of interests, too. They can also read and screen forums and articles in servers by media owners. Therefore, they ever tell anyone of what they were doing in prying, nosing, and eyeing the privacy of emails, forums, blogs, news, and others, etc.

So, in short, no need to tell them too.

interests / soc.culture.china / If China Cracked U.S. Encryption, Why Would It Tell Us?