Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 01:27:49 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Does China Really Pick Winners?
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 09:27 UTC

On Monday, December 19, 2022 at 4:04:13 PM UTC+8, David P. wrote:
> Does China Really Pick Winners?
> By The Editorial Board, Dec. 14, 2022, WSJ

> China is a formidable economic competitor, but the key to its success is the energy and ingenuity of its people, not central planning and state subsidies. The strength of the U.S. system is free-market competition and a rule of law that allow innovation and the private allocation of capital. Washington won’t subsidize any more wisely than Beijing does.

US free market competition is not true.

For example, big tech buying over startups in order to take control of them from market competition and from taking off to replace them. Ash facebook or now called a Meta, Google, Oracle, Intel, and many more big techs.

Rule of law is also not true.

Who sets the rules, actually? Seriously, rule of law is set by president signing instant law called executive order. For example, Executive Order was signed to force TIKTOK to sell to American companies within 100 days.

Oracle and Walmart quickly and greedily went to force an sale negotiation with TikToK. TikToK escaped from enforced acquisition Executive Order was, when appealed, the US court threw out the presidential order saying there was not merit of threat to US national security order signed as reasons by the president Executive Order.

The problem is what if the US court sided with the presidential executive order, the enforced sales of Tik Tok would have gone from the Chinese company to any of the two US companies, Oracle or Walmart.

Is this rule of law of US is considered a rule of arbitrarily law of US?.

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: Does China Really Pick Winners?