I owe, I owe, It's off to work I go...

interests / alt.obituaries / Re: Jan. 2022: Oldest living film people!

SubjectAuthor
* Jan. 2022: Oldest living film people!Lenona
+* Re: Jan. 2022: Oldest living film people!Travoltron
|`* Re: Jan. 2022: Oldest living film people!Bill Smith
| `- Re: Jan. 2022: Oldest living film people!radioacti...@gmail.com
+* Re: Jan. 2022: Oldest living film people!Diner
|`- Re: Jan. 2022: Oldest living film people!Lenona
`* Re: Jan. 2022: Oldest living film people!Louis Epstein
 `- Re: Jan. 2022: Oldest living film people!Lenona

1
Jan. 2022: Oldest living film people!

<56bdd596-0a02-4ccc-a1db-1dec1833acc8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11618&group=alt.obituaries#11618

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2022 13:44:45 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Jan. 2022: Oldest living film people!
From: lenona...@yahoo.com (Lenona)
 by: Lenona - Sat, 1 Jan 2022 21:44 UTC

You can see most of these at genarians.com.

I added Rosa Rosal to the actresses.

Turns out Val Bettin (The Great Mouse Detective) died last January.

I also decided to take Katsumi Tezuka off. Despite the popularity of Godzilla, that doesn't mean anyone would have printed his obituary when he died. (According to one blog, the Japanese aren't as obsessive about their "celebs" as Americans are - and he wasn't a big-time actor anyway.)

ACTRESSES:

1917: Marsha Hunt
1919: Caren Marsh
1922: Joan Copeland, Micheline Presle, Janis Paige, Jacqueline White
1923: Glynis Johns
1924: Anne Vernon, Carole Cook, Noreen Nash, Priscilla Pointer, Eva Marie Saint, Joyce Randolph, Maria Riva,
1925: June Lockhart, Miiko Taka, Angela Lansbury, Lee Grant
1926: Marilyn Knowlden, Virginia Patton, Helen Gallagher, Irene Papas, Judith Magre
1927: Barbara Rush, Phyllis Coates, June Brown, Pat Carroll, Gina Lollobrigida, Lisa Lu, Rosemary Harris, Estelle Parsons, Genevieve Page
1928: Peggy Dow, Estelle Harris, Yvonne Furneaux, Nancy Olson, Ann Blyth, Rosa Rosal, Marion Ross, Kathleen Hughes
1929: Terry Moore, Patricia Routledge, Rebecca Schull, Claire Maurier, Liz Sheridan, Margaret Kerry, Bonnie Bartlett, Vera Miles, Fernanda Montenegro, Joan Plowright, June Squibb
1930: Frances Sternhagen, Tippi Hedren, Peggy King, Joanne Woodward, Mary Costa, Gena Rowlands, Nita Talbot, Lois Smith, Nancy Kilgas
1931: Mamie van Doren, Claire Bloom, Ann McCrea, Carmen de Lavallade, Ita Ever, Barbara Barrie, Carroll Baker, Virginia McKenna, Marla Gibbs, Graziella Galvani, Leslie Caron, Antonella Lualdi, Ruth Maria Kubitschek, Barbara Eden, Mitzi Gaynor, Silvia Pinal, Barbara Bain, Angie Dickinson, Vivian Pickles, Monica Vitti, Mary Louise Wilson, Anne Heywood, Rita Moreno

ACTORS:

1919: Nehemiah Persoff
1923: Larry Storch, Jimmy Lydon, Mike Nussbaum
1924: Woody Woodbury, Espen Skjonberg, Leslie Phillips, William Russell
1925: Ignacio López Tarso, Bill Hayes, Michel Bouquet, Mark Miller, Dick Van Dyke
1926: Ted White, Robert Clary, Shecky Greene, Carleton Carpenter, Robert Brown, Terry Kilburn
1927: Sidney Poitier, Harry Belafonte, William Daniels, Ed Ames, William Smithers, Joe Turkel, L.Q. Jones
1928: Mitchell Ryan, Conrad Janis, Paul Dooley, Joss Ackland, Hardy Kruger, Ed Fury, George Maharis, Earl Holliman, Henry Silva, Clu Gulager, Bernard Cribbins
1929: Carl Banas, Michael Craig, Jerry Adler, James Hong, Don Murray, Pat Cooper, Bob Newhart, Jerry Hardin
1930: Gene Hackman, Robert Wagner, John Cullum, Scoey Mitchell, John Astin, Clive Revill, Alan Oppenheimer, Will Hutchins, James McEachin, Clint Eastwood, Feng Ku, Gordon Pinsent, Peter Weck, Mario Adorf, James Olson, Carlo Reali, Jean-Louis Trintignant, Armin Mueller-Stahl
1931: Robert Duvall, James Earl Jones, Dominic Chianese, Hal Linden, William Shatner, Robert Morse, James Tolkan, Robert Ito, Robert Colbert, Darryl Hickman, Philip Baker Hall, Malachy McCourt, Freddy Quinn, Ronnie Schell

DIRECTORS:

1922: Bert I. Gordon
1923: Madeline Anderson
1924: Robert M. Young
1925: Peter Brook
1926: Roger Corman, Mel Brooks, Norman Jewison
1927: Kenneth Anger, Jerry Schatzberg, Marcel Ophuls, Robert Butler
1928: William Klein, James Ivory
1929: Alejandro Jodorowsky, Mark Rydell, Alain Tanner, Michael Snow
1930: Frederick Wiseman, Larry Peerce, Robert Carl Cohen, Jean-Luc Godard
1931: Hector Olivera, Ted Kotcheff, Michel DeVille, Jan Troell, Bill Persky, Alain Cavalier, Paolo Taviani

PRODUCERS:

1921: Walter Mirisch
1922: Norman Lear
1923: Stan Waterman
1927: Arthur Cohn
1929: Sandy Frank, Sid Krofft, Joan Ganz Cooney
1930: Albert Ruddy, Frank Price
1931: Gerald Potterton, Irwin Winkler

MISCELLANEOUS:

1920: Norma Barzman
1921: Bill Butler
1923: Józef Hen, Bob Barker
1924: Sheldon Harnick, Gerda Klein, Lee Adams
1925: Alan Bergman
1926: Robert McGinnis, Gene Shalit, Peter Marshall, David Attenborough, Sandy Kossin
1927: John Kander
1928: Tom Jones, Burt Bacharach, Charles Strouse, Richard M. Sherman, Johnny Gilbert
1929: Billy Williams, Barbara Walters, Marilyn Bergman
1930: Silvio Santos
1931: Robert MacNeil, Caroline Graham, Dan Rather

Expanded list:

ACTRESSES:

1917: Marsha Hunt (Smash-Up, 1947)
1919: Caren Marsh (The Wizard of Oz)
1922: Joan Copeland (TV's As the World Turns), Micheline Presle (Devil in the Flesh, 1947), Janis Paige (Silk Stockings), Jacqueline White (Crossfire, 1947)
1923: Glynis Johns (Mary Poppins)
1924: Anne Vernon (The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, 1964), Carole Cook (The Incredible Mr. Limpet), Noreen Nash (Giant), Priscilla Pointer (Carrie, 1976), Eva Marie Saint (North by Northwest), Joyce Randolph (TV's The Honeymooners), Maria Riva (The Scarlet Empress, 1934)
1925: June Lockhart (TV's Lost in Space), Miiko Taka (Sayonara), Angela Lansbury (Gaslight), Lee Grant (Shampoo)
1926: Jane Withers (Giant), Marilyn Knowlden (Les Misérables, 1935), Virginia Patton (It's a Wonderful Life), Helen Gallagher (TV's Ryan's Hope), Irene Papas (Zorba the Greek), Judith Magre (The Lovers, 1958)
1927: Barbara Rush (The Young Philadelphians), Phyllis Coates (TV's Superman), June Brown (TV's EastEnders), Pat Carroll (The Little Mermaid), Gina Lollobrigida (Solomon & Sheba), Lisa Lu (Crazy Rich Asians), Rosemary Harris (Spider-Man), Estelle Parsons (Bonnie & Clyde), Genevieve Page (Belle de Jour)
1928: Peggy Dow (Harvey), Estelle Harris (TV's Seinfeld), Yvonne Furneaux (La Dolce Vita), Nancy Olson (The Absent-Minded Professor), Ann Blyth (Mildred Pierce), Rosa Rosal (Blessings of the Land, 1959), Marion Ross (TV's Happy Days), Kathleen Hughes (It Came from Outer Space)
1929: Terry Moore (Come Back, Little Sheba), Patricia Routledge (TV's Keeping Up Appearances), Rebecca Schull (TV's Wings), Claire Maurier (La Cage aux Folles), Liz Sheridan (TV's Seinfeld), Margaret Kerry (Disney's Peter Pan), Bonnie Bartlett (TV's St. Elsewhere), Vera Miles (Psycho), Fernanda Montenegro (Central Station, 1998), Joan Plowright (The Entertainer), June Squibb (Nebraska, 2013)
1930: Frances Sternhagen (Misery), Tippi Hedren (The Birds), Peggy King (Abbott & Costello Meet the Mummy), Joanne Woodward (The Three Faces of Eve), Mary Costa (Sleeping Beauty), Gena Rowlands (A Woman Under the Influence), Nita Talbot (TV's Hogan's Heroes), Lois Smith (East of Eden), Nancy Kilgas (Seven Brides for Seven Brothers)
1931: Mamie van Doren (Untamed Youth, 1957), Claire Bloom (Limelight), Ann McCrea (TV's The Donna Reed Show), Carmen de Lavallade (Odds Against Tomorrow), Ita Ever (A Pocketful of Rye, 1983), Barbara Barrie (TV's Barney Miller), Carroll Baker (Baby Doll), Virginia McKenna (Born Free), Marla Gibbs (TV's The Jeffersons), Graziella Galvani (Pierrot Le Fou), Leslie Caron (Gigi), Antonella Lualdi (The Red and the Black, 1954), Ruth Maria Kubitschek (Frau Ella, 2013), Barbara Eden (TV's I Dream of Jeannie), Mitzi Gaynor (South Pacific), Silvia Pinal (Viridiana, 1961), Barbara Bain (TV's Mission Impossible), Angie Dickinson (Dressed to Kill, 1980), Vivian Pickles (Harold and Maude), Monica Vitti (Red Desert, 1964), Mary Louise Wilson (TV's One Day at a Time, 1976-1977), Anne Heywood (The Fox, 1967), Rita Moreno (West Side Story)

ACTORS:

1919: Nehemiah Persoff (Some Like it Hot)
1923: Larry Storch (TV's F-Troop), Jimmy Lydon (Life with Father, 1947), Mike Nussbaum (Men in Black)
1924: Woody Woodbury (For Those Who Think Young, 1964), Espen Skjonberg (O'Horten, 2007), Leslie Phillips (Carry On Nurse), William Russell (TV's Dr. Who, 1963-1965 - and father of Harry Potter's Alfred Enoch)
1925: Ignacio López Tarso (Macario, 1960), Bill Hayes (TV's Days of Our Lives), Michel Bouquet (Toto le Hero), Mark Miller (TV's Please Don't Eat the Daisies), Dick Van Dyke (TV's The Dick Van Dyke Show)
1926: Ted White (Friday the 13th, Final Chapter), Robert Clary (TV's Hogan's Heroes), Shecky Greene (History of the World, Part I), Carleton Carpenter (The Whistle at Eaton Falls, 1951), Robert Brown (TV's Here Come the Brides), Terry Kilburn (Goodbye, Mr. Chips, 1939)
1927: Sidney Poitier (To Sir, With Love), Harry Belafonte (Odds Against Tomorrow), William Daniels (The Graduate), Ed Ames (TV's Daniel Boone), William Smithers (Papillon), Joe Turkel (The Shining), L.Q. Jones (The Wild Bunch)
1928: Mitchell Ryan (Lethal Weapon), Conrad Janis (TV's Mork and Mindy), Paul Dooley (Popeye), Joss Ackland (White Mischief), Hardy Kruger (Hatari!), Ed Fury (Colossus and the Amazon Queen, 1960), George Maharis (The Satan Bug), Earl Holliman (The Rainmaker, 1956), Henry Silva (The Manchurian Candidate), Clu Gulager (TV's The Virginian), Bernard Cribbins (The Railway Children, 1970)
1929: Carl Banas (TV's Babar, 1989-1990), Michael Craig (The Mysterious Island), Jerry Adler (TV's The Sopranos), James Hong (Big Trouble in Little China), Don Murray (Bus Stop, 1956), Pat Cooper (Analyze This), Bob Newhart (TV's Bob Newhart), Jerry Hardin (TV's The X-Files)
1930: Gene Hackman (The French Connection), Robert Wagner (TV's Hart to Hart), John Cullum (TV's The Day After), Scoey Mitchell (Jo Jo Dancer, Your Life is Calling), John Astin (TV's The Addams Family), Clive Revill (Avanti!), Alan Oppenheimer (TV's He-Man and the Masters of the Universe), Will Hutchins (TV's Sugarfoot, 1957-1961), James McEachin (Play Misty for Me), Clint Eastwood (Dirty Harry), Feng Ku (Death Kick, 1973), Gordon Pinsent (Away From Her, 2006), Peter Weck (Aimee and Jaguar, 1999), Mario Adorf (The Tin Drum), James Olson (The Andromeda Strain), Carlo Reali (La Cage aux Folles), Jean-Louis Trintignant (A Man and a Woman, 1966), Armin Mueller-Stahl (Shine, 1996)
1931: Robert Duvall (Tender Mercies), James Earl Jones (Star Wars), Dominic Chianese (TV's The Sopranos), Hal Linden(TV's Barney Miller), William Shatner (TV's Star Trek), Robert Morse (How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying), James Tolkan (Back to the Future), Robert Ito (TV's Quincy, M.E..), Robert Colbert (TV's The Time Tunnel, 1966-1967), Darryl Hickman (The Grapes of Wrath), Philip Baker Hall (Secret Honor, 1984), Malachy McCourt (TV's Oz), Freddy Quinn (Only the Wind, 1961), Ronnie Schell (TV's Gomer Pyle)

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Jan. 2022: Oldest living film people!

<sqtfl0$ci0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11624&group=alt.obituaries#11624

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Re: Jan. 2022: Oldest living film people!
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 16:23:14 -0800
 by: Travoltron - Mon, 3 Jan 2022 00:23 UTC

On 1/1/2022 1:44 PM, Lenona wrote:
> I also decided to take Katsumi Tezuka off.

He's probably been dead for decades. His last movie was in 1967, and
nobody knows what happened to him after that.

Re: Jan. 2022: Oldest living film people!

<331c70fc-d841-4fdd-b79d-753367a7dd15n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11627&group=alt.obituaries#11627

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 06:21:48 -0800 (PST)
From: billcs...@gmail.com (Bill Smith)
 by: Bill Smith - Mon, 3 Jan 2022 14:21 UTC

I wonder why Generians has Johnny Gilbert born in 1924? All other sources online say 1928.

Re: Jan. 2022: Oldest living film people!

<f5a172cd-1fec-4987-b6a3-34a12f729ab2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11628&group=alt.obituaries#11628

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 23:15:46 -0800 (PST)
From: radioact...@gmail.com (radioacti...@gmail.com)
 by: radioacti...@gmail.c - Tue, 4 Jan 2022 07:15 UTC

Speaking of Jeopardy! announcer Johnny Gilbert:

Any Gilbert fans out there would presumably be interested to see the circa 1961 Gilbert in action as a guest-host.

For some reason, host Don Morrow was out the day they taped the ONLY EXTANT EDITION of one of my fave game shows from the early '60s. The ABC mid-day series featured a one-of-a-kind electronic-graphic format that's hard to explain herein, but its title helped set its premise: CAMOUFLAGE

The sole edition wherein announcer Gilbert pinch-hit for the late Morrow is available on YouTube (or at least was last time I checked a couple years ago).

Side-note for game show buffs: When I was taping my week-long series of editions of the syndicated quiz show Dick Clark's Challengers in L.A. during May 1991, Don Morrow was serving as the never-on-camera announcer for Clark, just as Gilbert had been for Morrow on that ABC show three decades prior.

But BOTH DAYS I TAPED, it happened that announcer Morrow was out ill (with some understudy manning his lectern), just as Morrow had also been during that extant Camouflage taping three decades prior! (Presumably not the same illness that had sidelined him way back when, but who knows?) There was ample time between shows in 1991 for me to hobnob backstage--Clark and his producers were taking me around proudly introducing me to various production people as "our new champion", a standards-and-practices proctor accompanying me everywhere backstage, natch--but because Morrow was absent, the one person whose hand I REALLY wanted to shake I never got to even meet...much less gush how an elementary school punk in suburban St. Louis had grooved to Camouflage.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida

Re: Jan. 2022: Oldest living film people!

<e662b2a1-9efa-4c07-8782-07dd379b1f49n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11630&group=alt.obituaries#11630

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 07:24:09 -0800 (PST)
From: bwayst...@gmail.com (Diner)
 by: Diner - Tue, 4 Jan 2022 15:24 UTC

On Saturday, January 1, 2022 at 4:44:46 PM UTC-5, Lenona wrote:
> ACTRESSES:
>
> 1917: Marsha Hunt
> 1919: Caren Marsh
> 1922: Joan Copeland, Micheline Presle, Janis Paige, Jacqueline White

Time to update the list:
https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Joan-Copeland-Stage-and-Screen-Actress-and-Sister-of-Arthur-Miller-Dies-at-99-20220104

Re: Jan. 2022: Oldest living film people!

<671efd4d-69c6-449b-8859-351cf4292278n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11637&group=alt.obituaries#11637

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:40:04 -0800 (PST)
From: lenona...@yahoo.com (Lenona)
 by: Lenona - Wed, 5 Jan 2022 12:40 UTC

> Time to update the list:
> https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Joan-Copeland-Stage-and-Screen-Actress-and-Sister-of-Arthur-Miller-Dies-at-99-20220104

And, when it comes to those born in 1922, we will have to wait until July to see if anyone makes it to 100. (The first will be Norman Lear.)

In the meantime, Dabney Coleman (WarGames) and director Carlos Saura (Carmen) have joined the list!

(Incredibly, I had Coleman confused with the much younger Dennis Franz...)

Re: Jan. 2022: Oldest living film people!

<sr7g69$8ir$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11646&group=alt.obituaries#11646

From: le...@top.put.com (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 19:33:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Thu, 6 Jan 2022 19:33 UTC

Lenona <lenona321@yahoo.com> wrote:
> You can see most of these at genarians.com.
>
> I added Rosa Rosal to the actresses.

I take it "film people" must have worked on motion pictures?
June Spencer is primarily a RADIO actress and her IMDb entry is
very sparse though she is still listed as active cast on "The
Archers" and is older than all but two of the actresses you list.
> Expanded list:
>
> ACTRESSES:
>
> 1917: Marsha Hunt (Smash-Up, 1947)
> 1919: Caren Marsh (The Wizard of Oz)
> 1922: Joan Copeland (TV's As the World Turns), Micheline Presle (Devil in the Flesh, 1947), Janis Paige (Silk Stockings), Jacqueline White (Crossfire, 1947)
> 1923: Glynis Johns (Mary Poppins)
> 1924: Anne Vernon (The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, 1964), Carole Cook (The Incredible Mr. Limpet), Noreen Nash (Giant), Priscilla Pointer (Carrie, 1976), Eva Marie Saint (North by Northwest), Joyce Randolph (TV's The Honeymooners), Maria Riva (The Scarlet Empress, 1934)
> 1925: June Lockhart (TV's Lost in Space), Miiko Taka (Sayonara), Angela Lansbury (Gaslight), Lee Grant (Shampoo)
> 1926: Jane Withers (Giant),

Died August 7th 2021.

> Marilyn Knowlden (Les Mis?rables, 1935), Virginia Patton (It's a Wonderful
> Life), Helen Gallagher (TV's Ryan's Hope), Irene Papas (Zorba the Greek),
> Judith Magre (The Lovers, 1958)
> 1927: Barbara Rush (The Young Philadelphians), Phyllis Coates (TV's Superman), June Brown (TV's EastEnders), Pat Carroll (The Little Mermaid), Gina Lollobrigida (Solomon & Sheba), Lisa Lu (Crazy Rich Asians), Rosemary Harris (Spider-Man), Estelle Parsons (Bonnie & Clyde), Genevieve Page (Belle de Jour)
> 1928: Peggy Dow (Harvey), Estelle Harris (TV's Seinfeld), Yvonne Furneaux (La Dolce Vita), Nancy Olson (The Absent-Minded Professor), Ann Blyth (Mildred Pierce), Rosa Rosal (Blessings of the Land, 1959), Marion Ross (TV's Happy Days), Kathleen Hughes (It Came from Outer Space)
> 1929: Terry Moore (Come Back, Little Sheba), Patricia Routledge (TV's Keeping Up Appearances), Rebecca Schull (TV's Wings), Claire Maurier (La Cage aux Folles), Liz Sheridan (TV's Seinfeld), Margaret Kerry (Disney's Peter Pan), Bonnie Bartlett (TV's St. Elsewhere), Vera Miles (Psycho), Fernanda Montenegro (Central Station, 1998), Joan Plowright (The Entertainer), June Squibb (Nebraska, 2013)
> 1930: Frances Sternhagen (Misery), Tippi Hedren (The Birds), Peggy King (Abbott & Costello Meet the Mummy), Joanne Woodward (The Three Faces of Eve), Mary Costa (Sleeping Beauty), Gena Rowlands (A Woman Under the Influence), Nita Talbot (TV's Hogan's Heroes), Lois Smith (East of Eden), Nancy Kilgas (Seven Brides for Seven Brothers)
> 1931: Mamie van Doren (Untamed Youth, 1957), Claire Bloom (Limelight), Ann McCrea (TV's The Donna Reed Show), Carmen de Lavallade (Odds Against Tomorrow), Ita Ever (A Pocketful of Rye, 1983), Barbara Barrie (TV's Barney Miller), Carroll Baker (Baby Doll), Virginia McKenna (Born Free), Marla Gibbs (TV's The Jeffersons), Graziella Galvani (Pierrot Le Fou), Leslie Caron (Gigi), Antonella Lualdi (The Red and the Black, 1954), Ruth Maria Kubitschek (Frau Ella, 2013), Barbara Eden (TV's I Dream of Jeannie), Mitzi Gaynor (South Pacific), Silvia Pinal (Viridiana, 1961), Barbara Bain (TV's Mission Impossible), Angie Dickinson (Dressed to Kill, 1980), Vivian Pickles (Harold and Maude), Monica Vitti (Red Desert, 1964), Mary Louise Wilson (TV's One Day at a Time, 1976-1977), Anne Heywood (The Fox, 1967), Rita Moreno (West Side Story)

-=-=-

Re: Jan. 2022: Oldest living film people!

<c48262f2-267b-4cc3-9684-1d07187bcc19n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11658&group=alt.obituaries#11658

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 07:55:13 -0800 (PST)
From: lenona...@yahoo.com (Lenona)
 by: Lenona - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 15:55 UTC

On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 2:33:31 PM UTC-5, Louis Epstein wrote:
> Lenona wrote:
> > You can see most of these at genarians.com.
> >
> > I added Rosa Rosal to the actresses.
> I take it "film people" must have worked on motion pictures?
> June Spencer is primarily a RADIO actress and her IMDb entry is
> very sparse though she is still listed as active cast on "The
> Archers" and is older than all but two of the actresses you list.

A little too obscure. She was in ONE (low-rated) movie in 2013, I see. Plus, there are many over-90 film people I never heard of but who were pretty famous in their own countries; they show up all the time in Wikipedia's death list. There are only so many I can be bothered to list. (I rely heavily on genarians, plus the 1983 volume The Illustrated Who's Who of the Cinema, by Lloyd, Fuller and Desser.)

> > 1926: Jane Withers (Giant),
> Died August 7th 2021.

Aargh! But thanks. I erased her from the short list, but forgot to do so in the expanded list.

interests / alt.obituaries / Re: Jan. 2022: Oldest living film people!