From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: Russian Oligarch Seizes 400,000 Acres of Ukrainian Farmland, Owners Say
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 20:38:06 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 17:38 UTC

> “Russia is taking over the economy in occupied territories and using that
> control to help control the whole area,” said Dmitry Skorniakov, CEO of
> Ukrainian AG company HarvEast Holding.

> In the end, the workers told Skorniakov, HarvEast’s land was split into
> three tranches, with 100,000 owned or rented acres in Donetsk province
> handed over to Agrocomplex.
>
> Another Ukraine farming company, Nibulon Ltd., has lost 50,000 acres to land
> seizures, according to its CEO, Andriy Vadaturskyy. He said he believes that
> Agrocomplex now farms this land.
>
> A third Ukrainian company, Agroton Public Ltd., accused Agrocomplex of
> taking 250,000 acres.

> The Kremlin press service said in an emailed response to questions that
> eastern Ukrainian regions now are part of Russia. Farm owners can claim
> their rights according to the laws of Russia, it said.

Local farmers as well as other local property owners have not
lost their ownership there. About local farmers, I posted before
<https://tinyurl.com/2kblradw>. After these territories joined
Russia, all property rights there are re-registered in accordance
with the Russia's law.

Some Ukraine's property owners, including more or less large
agricultural companies that manage lands in various regions, may
prefer not to claim their ownership under Russia's jurisdiction.
If they re-register the ownership under Russia's law and continue
to operate also in the territory controlled by the Kiev regime,
then the regime can persecute / punish them as "collaborators" (up
to 20 or so years in prison, according to their "law"). Since the
regime introduced the harsh punishment for collaborators, one of
the side effects from this is the fact that some property owners
are forced to lose their property because they can not re-register
it as long as they continue to deal with the regime.

By the way, some apposite fact is that Zelensky, who is currently
considered "president" of the Kiev regime, until recently, owned
some legal real estate in Crimea, registered under Russia's law.
In April 2022, there was a news the Crimean authorities sought to
nationalize the Zelensky's real estate. The move was in response
to confiscations of miscellaneous "Russian assets" by Kiev, and
it became possible after Russian laws were recently changed due
to the general aggravation of this sanctions-countersanctions-etc
situation.

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: Russian Oligarch Seizes 400,000 Acres of Ukrainian Farmland, Owners Say