The trouble with a lot of self-made men is that they worship their creator.

interests / alt.usage.english / Re: Mars Nuked 300 Million Years Ago?

SubjectAuthor
* Mars Nuked 300 Million Years Ago?bruce bowser
`* Re: Mars Nuked 300 Million Years Ago?Kerr-Mudd, John
 `- Re: Mars Nuked 300 Million Years Ago?Transition Zone

1
Mars Nuked 300 Million Years Ago?

<1bf4a607-f250-454e-98db-97ea64cf7980n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=114743&group=alt.usage.english#114743

Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 13:04:28 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Mars Nuked 300 Million Years Ago?
From: bruce2bo...@gmail.com (bruce bowser)
 by: bruce bowser - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 21:04 UTC

Life On Mars? Ex-NASA Consultant Finds 'PROOF' Nuclear War Wiped Out Alien Civilisation [300 Million Years Ago]

Express.co.uk - April 1, 2019
-- https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1096534/life-on-mars-nasa-aliens-ufo-nuclear-war-xenon-conspiracy-theory-martian-civilisation

Re: Mars Nuked 300 Million Years Ago?

<20220212131238.8d895b8430b8a7728797a23c@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=114819&group=alt.usage.english#114819

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Subject: Re: Mars Nuked 300 Million Years Ago?
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 13:12:38 +0000
GNU: Terry Pratchett
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 13:12 UTC

On Fri, 11 Feb 2022 13:04:28 -0800 (PST)
bruce bowser <bruce2bowser@gmail.com> wrote:

> Life On Mars? Ex-NASA Consultant Finds 'PROOF' Nuclear War Wiped Out Alien Civilisation [300 Million Years Ago]
>
> Express.co.uk - April 1, 2019
> -- https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1096534/life-on-mars-nasa-aliens-ufo-nuclear-war-xenon-conspiracy-theory-martian-civilisation

Yeah, right. Time for another set of April 1st attempts.
Even
<https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-science-space/evidence-major-cataclysm-mars-which-would-have-destroyed-any-life-00670>

has:
More recently, plasma physicist John Brandenburg has received much attention for his assertion that a thermonuclear war on Mars wiped out life on the planet 180 million years ago. Brandenburg cites the existence of radioactive elements in the Martian soil and atmosphere as proof of this nuclear catastrophe.
“The Martian surface is covered with a thin layer of radioactive substances, including uranium, thorium and radioactive potassium,” he notes. Brandenburg points to elevated readings of the gas Xenon-129 in the Martian atmosphere as the most important evidence in support of his theory, since Xenon-129 is a rare substance which is typically found in the fallout of nuclear explosions.
At one time, Brandenburg believed these nuclear explosions had been generated by natural processes. But he later changed is mind, and now believes that nuclear weapons were used during a Martian Civil War that ultimately led to planetary extinction .
Most scientists who’ve studied Martian chemistry believe the Xenon-129 in the planet’s atmosphere was created by cosmic ray bombardment. They reject Brandenburg’s nuclear war scenario, which like Lowell’s theory of Martian canals seems to be built on too little evidence and too much speculation.

(which refers back to the Daily Excess article)

Albeit with the odd 120 My difference.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: Mars Nuked 300 Million Years Ago?

<17f56074-bd63-4da8-b967-7c18eb724d59n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=114841&group=alt.usage.english#114841

Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 07:47:04 -0800 (PST)
From: mogu...@hotmail.com (Transition Zone)
 by: Transition Zone - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 15:47 UTC

On Saturday, February 12, 2022 at 8:12:58 AM UTC-5, Kerr-Mudd, John wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2022 13:04:28 -0800 (PST)
> bruce bowser <bruce2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Life On Mars? Ex-NASA Consultant Finds 'PROOF' Nuclear War Wiped Out Alien Civilisation [300 Million Years Ago]
> >
> > Express.co.uk - April 1, 2019
> > -- https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1096534/life-on-mars-nasa-aliens-ufo-nuclear-war-xenon-conspiracy-theory-martian-civilisation
> Yeah, right. Time for another set of April 1st attempts.
> Even
> <https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-science-space/evidence-major-cataclysm-mars-which-would-have-destroyed-any-life-00670>
>
> has:
> More recently, plasma physicist John Brandenburg has received much attention for his assertion that a thermonuclear war on Mars wiped out life on the planet 180 million years ago. Brandenburg cites the existence of radioactive elements in the Martian soil and atmosphere as proof of this nuclear catastrophe.
> “The Martian surface is covered with a thin layer of radioactive substances, including uranium, thorium and radioactive potassium,” he notes. Brandenburg points to elevated readings of the gas Xenon-129 in the Martian atmosphere as the most important evidence in support of his theory, since Xenon-129 is a rare substance which is typically found in the fallout of nuclear explosions.
> At one time, Brandenburg believed these nuclear explosions had been generated by natural processes. But he later changed is mind, and now believes that nuclear weapons were used during a Martian Civil War that ultimately led to planetary extinction .
> Most scientists who’ve studied Martian chemistry believe the Xenon-129 in the planet’s atmosphere was created by cosmic ray bombardment. They reject Brandenburg’s nuclear war scenario, which like Lowell’s theory of Martian canals seems to be built on too little evidence and too much speculation.

Brandenburg changed his mind. Wow.

> (which refers back to the Daily Excess article)
>
> Albeit with the odd 120 My difference.

Two physicists arguing over Xe129.

interests / alt.usage.english / Re: Mars Nuked 300 Million Years Ago?