From: le...@top.put.com (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries,alt.talk.royalty
Subject: Ann Fortune Duchess of Grafton 1920-2021
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 05:16:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 05:16 UTC

Ann Fortune (Smith) FitzRoy,Duchess of Grafton from her late husband's
accession to the title in 1970 to his death in 2011,Mistress of the Robes
to Queen Elizabeth II since 1967,born February 24th 1920,died December
3rd 2021.Known as Countess of Euston from her 1946 marriage,she became
a Lady of the Bedchamber in 1953 and was the oldest surviving member of
the Queen's Coronation procession that year (a distinction that now
passes to the Queen herself).She was then the daughter-in-law of the 10th
Duke of Grafton and as a widow (known as Fortune Duchess of Grafton) was
grandmother of the 12th Duke (her elder son having died in 2009) whose
wife became THE Duchess of Grafton on her husband's accession.

Her Grace was made a Dame Commander of the Royal Victorian Order
in 1970 and a Dame Grand Cross in 1980...I had idly hoped she might
receive the Royal Victorian Chain at 100 but she did not.

The Mistress of the Robes is traditionally a Duchess...I wonder
who the Queen might select as the next.

-=-=-

Re: Ann Fortune Duchess of Grafton 1920-2021

<sohikt$66j$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11411&group=alt.obituaries#11411

From: le...@top.put.com (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries,alt.talk.royalty
Subject: Re: Ann Fortune Duchess of Grafton 1920-2021
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 05:27:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 05:27 UTC

In alt.obituaries Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:
> Ann Fortune (Smith) FitzRoy,Duchess of Grafton from her late husband's
> accession to the title in 1970 to his death in 2011,Mistress of the Robes
> to Queen Elizabeth II since 1967,born February 24th 1920,died December
> 3rd 2021.Known as Countess of Euston from her 1946 marriage,she became
> a Lady of the Bedchamber in 1953 and was the oldest surviving member of
> the Queen's Coronation procession that year (a distinction that now
> passes to the Queen herself).She was then the daughter-in-law of the 10th
> Duke of Grafton and as a widow (known as Fortune Duchess of Grafton) was
> grandmother of the 12th Duke (her elder son having died in 2009) whose
> wife became THE Duchess of Grafton on her husband's accession.
>
> Her Grace was made a Dame Commander of the Royal Victorian Order
> in 1970 and a Dame Grand Cross in 1980...I had idly hoped she might
> receive the Royal Victorian Chain at 100 but she did not.
>
> The Mistress of the Robes is traditionally a Duchess...I wonder
> who the Queen might select as the next.

Here is a link with more background:
https://royalwatcherblog.com/2021/12/04/fortune-fitzroy-duchess-of-grafton/
> -=-=-
> The World Trade Center towers MUST rise again,
> at least as tall as before...or terror has triumphed.

interests / alt.obituaries / Re: Ann Fortune Duchess of Grafton 1920-2021