Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2022 07:44:55 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Poland Begins Building Wall to Prevent Russia From Pushing
Migrants Into Europe
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Wed, 9 Nov 2022 15:44 UTC

On Wednesday, November 9, 2022 at 4:28:33 PM UTC+8, David P. wrote:
> Poland Begins Building Wall to Prevent Russia From Pushing Migrants Into Europe
> By Karolina Jeznach and Drew Hinshaw, Nov. 2, 2022, WSJ
>
> WARSAW—Polish army engineers began building a razor-wire fence across the country’s 130-mile border with Russia, the latest country in Europe’s east to construct such a barrier, in what Poland’s government described as a bid to prevent Moscow from encouraging asylum seekers to cross overland into the European Union.
>
> The fence will span the entire length of Poland’s border with the Russian exclave of Kaliningrad, Defense Minister Mariusz Blaszczak told reporters Wednesday. The construction began, he said, in response to concerns that Moscow would seek to encourage asylum seekers to fly into the exclave and enter the EU via the Polish border.
>
> The exclave’s international airport will soon be accepting regular commercial flights from the Middle East, Mr. Blaszczak said. Last month, the chief executive of the exclave’s Khrabrovo Airport, Alexander Korytnyi, told Russia’s Interfax news agency that it aims to negotiate direct flights to the United Arab Emirates and Qatar.
>
> Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov declined to comment on Poland’s decision to erect the barrier and its warnings that Moscow plans to facilitate illegal border crossings at the Kaliningrad border.
>
> “This is the Poles’ business. You need to ask the Poles to comment,” Mr. Peskov told reporters.
>
> Russia’s European borders are increasingly closed and fenced off, with governments like Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania worried that Russian operatives could enter the EU overland and carry out attacks on the continent’s energy and defense infrastructure. Norway, whose Arctic border post with Russia remains one of the sole crossings still largely open, has arrested a series of Russian men accused of trying to fly small surveillance drones near such sites.
>
> Finland, Estonia, and Latvia have all announced plans to construct fencing along their Russian borders—with some stretches already complete. Georgia, which has about a fifth of its territory under Russian occupation, has also been under domestic pressure to tighten restrictions at its border, after hundreds of thousands of Russian draft-age men fled Putin’s mobilization orders.
>
> Poland’s border wall will begin with 3 temporary layers of razor-wire fencing, measuring over 8 feet tall and 10 feet in width. Later, it will be replaced with a larger and more sophisticated electronically-surveilled structure, similar to the 18-foot-tall steel wall Poland completed this year on the country’s border with Belarus, Mr. Blaszczak said.
>
> Last year, the army of Belarus, which is closely allied with Russia, helped escort thousands of mainly Middle Eastern and African asylum seekers to the Polish border, prompting a political crisis for the EU.

> [...]

Every country in Europe is building walls and fencings to prevent migrants from crossing through unguarded amd porous forested long borders where management of them is not practical and is impossible to sustain without more costly manpower to man them.

The problem is under the US initiated self-inflicted migrant law in UN, any migrant entered another country will be the responsibility of that country and these migrants will remain there in their care for foods and shelters until another country is willing to take them in from them.

This gives countries a chilly effects in not to guarding against any migrants from entering their country illegal without proper regulation of individual entry and not its entire relatives entry, regularised employment offers and proper training and qualifications, and availability of proper provisions of housing and medical support to cater for the increased of them in the country.

Hence, the building of walls and laying of fencings and deploying dogs to monitor trespassing are normally taken to ensure their country in not to carry the intruders for others, In US, if a migrants had stayed 6 years would get a green card and citizenship too. They should build wall like what the US had done halfway through and stopped by Biden. Migrants are okay for work but not entitlement to stay even if they have many relatives with them.

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: Poland Begins Building Wall to Prevent Russia From Pushing Migrants Into Europe